[PC]- Loss of Save Game data- Resolved

Before I changed PC I was in season 3, precisley at the hungarian gp, now after I changed PC and reinstalled the game, I am in season 2 at the singapore gp.

This has never happened to me when I formatted the pc in the years before with f1 2018, the career progress after i reinstalled the game was as I left it.

This is unacceptable

This could be an issue with Steam and its cloud perhaps? Very sorry to hear that you've lost that much data... 😕 

2 minutes ago, UP100 said:

This could be an issue with Steam and its cloud perhaps? Very sorry to hear that you've lost that much data... 😕 

Yeah I also thought that, but... Is there a way to fix?

9 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I still have the old hard disk with the game inside of it, maybe if you tell me the career save path (in the steam folder or whichever) maybe i can restore it

Not sure if your progress is saved local or in the Steam cloud. As I don’t know the exact path it might be useful to first find out if the old disk is going to help you. I moved your question to the Technical Assistance section@steviejay69 @UP100 any comment on this?

5 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Not sure if your progress is saved local or in the Steam cloud. As I don’t know the exact path it might be useful to first find out if the old disk is going to help you. I moved your question to the Technical Assistance section@steviejay69 @UP100 any comment on this?

I don't use the Steam cloud personally as I was worried about it affecting the game when attempting to reset anything, so if I uninstall the game locally or wipe the PC, the game is installed without any auto recovery from Steam or it losing sync if Steam have issues. But can have complete local backup should I choose to enable it (I don't bother due to my lack of investment in playtime with this iteration).

33 minutes ago, pro3 said:

This may not work as moving save like this always work and runs the small risks of no saves working but you can try it.

First things first turn off the cloud saves for f1 2019 if you've not already done. You can do this by right clicking f1 2019 in your steam library, then updates and then unticking the cloud on the window.

Now navigate where your current steam installation is. Should be in program files

Go to the this location yoursteamfolder/userdata/YOURID/928600. Where you id is will be some numbers that is different for everyone.

Copy and all folders and files out of that folder some where else like your desktop etc. Then delete this files Keep this location open you'll need it later. This is a back up of a back up since if this goes wrong you should just be able to turn the cloud back on and you will have the season behind save like you do now but in case not you have the files

Now go to your old hdd. go to your old steam installation and again go to yoursteamfolder/userdata/YOURID/928600 and look in both remote and local folders. Which ever one has files in thats the one you want . If they both have files look at the dates they were created and go for the newest ones. So now copy which ever folder either remote or local from above and put it in your current steam installation that you left open earlier. Also install the files into there as well.

Now if it was the remote file you copied you need to rename that to local.

Now launch f1 2019 and see if your saves work. 

If this doesn't work and saves aren't working then turn cloud back on as explained above and you should have the season behind saves. If you still don't have any saves working you have the backup as well

Good Luck.

Yeah I did that and got back my career files as they were! Really thanks!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DaddeRaga said:

Yeah I did that and got back my career files as they were! Really thanks!

Great to hear. Glad I could help.

• Thanks 1

Hi @pro3,

Top solution, added to recommended for future users. ✔️ Will also edit the title in case someone else experiences issues