Sign in to follow this  

S2000 car(s) - does they seem possible?

It would be interesting to have just 1 or 2 S2000 cars in game, becouse of comparing them with R5. Major difference lays in engine (N/A vs turbo with similar total power) and how it would affect driving them. They are not on top of my wishlist (Xsara WRC <3), however I'd be happy to see just pair of them. What do you think?

• Agree 3

Yeah, although I don't think they will come, there were quite a few S2000 cars competing over the world:
http://www.s2000rally.com/s2000-cars.php

If they would come, than i think the following three could be possible:
- Peugeot 207 S2000 DiRT 3
- Abarth Grande Punto S2000 DiRT 3
- Ford Fiesta S2000 Use WRC spec from DR1 as a base.

Although all cars would need updates and still some heavy investment to make it ready and up to standards to DR2.0

I don't think they are likely, but I agree they would be a great addition! 

Same opinion here. They would be a great addition but highly unlikely to be added.

At least we can put some S2000 liveries on R5 cars. I'm actually planning to design a tribute livery of the Peugeot 207 S2000 from Peugeot UK and Kronos Racing on the 208 R5 and see what it looks like.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Peugeot UK 207 s2000

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 9:36 PM, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

Same opinion here. They would be a great addition but highly unlikely to be added.

At least we can put some S2000 liveries on R5 cars. I'm actually planning to design a tribute livery of the Peugeot 207 S2000 from Peugeot UK and Kronos Racing on the 208 R5 and see what it looks like. 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Peugeot UK 207 s2000

Put S2000 N/A engine into R5 car, becouse it's the part that I'm most interested in 😛

On 1/10/2020 at 10:29 PM, Pioy said:

Put S2000 N/A engine into R5 car, becouse it's the part that I'm most interested in 😛

That'll be tricky as I don't do something iike that. 😛 

• Haha 2

But overall I would prefer the new R4/Proto cars. Much more variation and have cool bodykits. 

• Agree 2

good but turbo car is better than N/A car  because turbo car have better accelerations , so why not for the challenge .

@JorritVD yes the R4 proto is beautiful but i think codemasters add lot different car on different category  for the year 2 pass ,not only modern or proto car ( but i want this R4 too )

Proto cars would probably be more relevant but they are all similar mechanically and S2000 would bring a bit more variety, so I would still prefer them!

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, gk9147 said:

good but turbo car is better than N/A car  because turbo car have better accelerations , so why not for the challenge .

@JorritVD yes the R4 proto is beautiful but i think codemasters add lot different car on different category  for the year 2 pass ,not only modern or proto car ( but i want this R4 too )

It actually depends on power/torque, not on aspiration. Compare even BMW M3 and Sierra Cosworth in game.

1 hour ago, Pioy said:

It actually depends on power/torque, not on aspiration. Compare even BMW M3 and Sierra Cosworth in game.

true but here you compare historic car  and the all car  have huge   different performances (engine, power, weight ...) you are right, but the modern  is very different the manufacturer are very limited in the regulations for performance so if you put S2000 with official regulations against R5 with  regulations
personally I think the R5 will win.

an example for the R2 the new version of the 208 will have a smaller engine with a turbo.
why Peugeot will change the motor ? is strange , because it costs a lot of money to recreate a complete motor .

other example with R5 the citroen C3 motor  is an upgrade version of the DS3 and the 208 if you look the  characteristic of  the C3 gain 2 horsepower (280 Hp for 208 and ds3 to 282 Hp for C3) unfortunately for citroen the difference with the front acceleration ramp and the rear acceleration ramp is too large so it oversteer
in the middle of the year yoan bonato  test the C3 with aerodynamic improvements to solve the problem, but citroen again  less good than skoda because skoda has found the right cocktail to win in this category

to finish with modern cars, a small detail can make a huge difference

• Like 1

Thoughts like this were actually the reason I've started this topic, so I'm glad I'm not the only one to have them 😉