Jump to content Jump to content

[GAME MODE] Idea DiRT Ultimate Rallyteam

In my eyes the career mode is still a little bit "flat" its not really that "i got my own rally team / this is my rallycar feelings"

Well let me explain my vision from an other point of view. Did you guys ever played an MMORPG where u are a character that needs to evolve / grow?
By unlocking / buying upgrading weapons and items? Well this is the same way for the rallycar career.

My vision is to give every DiRTy gamer a rallyteam as character for there career mode ( and perhaps online)

For example lets start with the Ford Fiesta R2 ( sinds its a basic beginners car)

You start your career with an Clean Ford Fiesta R2 , no upgrades, just 1 Mechanic and not that much credits left at your bank account.

So you drive the first championship like atm in the career, after finishing at the top 3 u get many credits and go to an higher championship, instead of buying a new "car" ( what is an option)
You should get your money invest in:

- The unlocked upgrades at your rally car the Ford Fiesta R2 for example buy better brakes.
- Buy replacement parts for things that wear, new tires, etc etc
- Buy gearbox revision.
- Buy an Gravel kit, or Tarmac kit
- Buy a new Ford Fiesta R2
- Hire more and better mechanics/

In that case you can create 2 the same rallyweapons ( one for the tarmac events, one for the gravel) ( SO u got your garage filled with 1 Fiesta R2 gravel spec, 1 Fiesta R2 tarmac spec, and for example one Ford Fiesta R5.

Now the focus is more on your car to create the best "Character rallycar" to attack maximum the rally stages.
Everybody is free to chose what car he wants to dedicate, but this will give you and your career the best way to create an perfect rallymonster to attack the rallystages at its best.

This will make the career mode more about the cars, instead of just driving.
Beside that i think an option to rent rallycars would an easier way to compete for example with an WRC's and get more credits sooner. ( Rent for a WRC eacht event  excl damage and tires is 60.000 euro)
Although u do have to pay for the damage that u drive.

What do you guys think?

Same here, this is what I was hoping for in the career.  Maybe start even with a lower like a some hacked together barely make it past scrutineering, that might be to far down to make it fun but I like where you are going with this!  
TPJP said:
I think it's a great idea, It would be a much more immersive experience playing the carrer mode as this gives a more authentic feeling of being a rally driver.

And you can use this mode for Rally, Rallycross or Hillclimb ;-)
WOuld love to see it also online, so u can trade car parts with people and build your own rallycar!
This is a very good suggestion.

The current career is good as it is but we should have another choice like this... Start from scratch and climb to the top.

From Own Country Rally events to WRC.... The "Road to WRC" Career Path.
I played my RSRBR like this. I started at low spec cars having different points prices for different car classes.

-I start with 3 pts. This gives me couple of options
-every rally has a license feed of 1 pts.
Different championships like:
National : 
APRC: 
ERC
IRC/WRC
-lowest spec cars (A-5, A-6,, N1 etc.) price is 1 pts. 
Middle spec cars 2 pts. 
Pro spec cars and group b and kitcars etc. 3 pts
wrc class cars 4 pts

You get points for event results. Minimun of 1 per finished rally.

Sometimes have to pay maintenance feeds of your car. Some rally championship accept on spesific car classes.

This gives me option to choose better car, but only one rally. Or lower spec and two rallies. This was quick fix for my burning rally career needs. Of course this could be more indepth.

I would very much like to see that and, with all due respect to Codemasters for their awesome work till now, I would like to add some feeling to this thread.
From what I remember from my younger years, the most challenging and rewarding rally games were the early 90s Rally Championship RAC and Network Q games. Although not realistic, for modern standards at least, they were giving out that survival feeling that makes you anxious weather you are going to finish the rally or not, if you made the right tyre choice, if the next service park is close enough  to repair that critically damaged intake, things like these that make you feel like you are in a true adventure.
Of course that is not for everyone, opponent difficulty and damage options can make it more casual for people not up to this challenge.
All this in addition to what the original post suggests, I believe will give us the ultimate rallying thrill. What do you guys think? 
koykis said:
I would very much like to see that and, with all due respect to Codemasters for their awesome work till now, I would like to add some feeling to this thread.
From what I remember from my younger years, the most challenging and rewarding rally games were the early 90s Rally Championship RAC and Network Q games. Although not realistic, for modern standards at least, they were giving out that survival feeling that makes you anxious weather you are going to finish the rally or not, if you made the right tyre choice, if the next service park is close enough  to repair that critically damaged intake, things like these that make you feel like you are in a true adventure.
Of course that is not for everyone, opponent difficulty and damage options can make it more casual for people not up to this challenge.
All this in addition to what the original post suggests, I believe will give us the ultimate rallying thrill. What do you guys think? 
I agree with you, that will make the rally more tactic and fun.
Thats why we would like to have a dynamic weather system, but we cant ask everything! :D
But with a career mode like this we can make this game really fun for a long time!
  • 3 weeks later...
Great ideas. I always liked the career mode in the first GRID, which got you invested in your team, but without any narrative theatrics like cutscenes and obnoxious voiceovers (as far as I can remember). Like the idea of renting WRC cars, you could also race for other teams, especially at Le Mans before you have your own eligible car (IIRC).

So of course I'd feel like this rallyteam implementation would need, like GRID, a basic livery editor and the ability to choose sponsors for bonus credits for meeting certain event criteria.
I like the idea... except the Fiesta F2 as starter car. Let people that loathes front wheel drive cars to pick something with rear wheel drive. :)

It was just an example, if you like RWD and want to start in a BMW 325i then u should be able to start in that kind of car ;-) But most common are FWD cars as "beginner" cars
dwkGravey said:
Great ideas. I always liked the career mode in the first GRID, which got you invested in your team, but without any narrative theatrics like cutscenes and obnoxious voiceovers (as far as I can remember). Like the idea of renting WRC cars, you could also race for other teams, especially at Le Mans before you have your own eligible car (IIRC).

So of course I'd feel like this rallyteam implementation would need, like GRID, a basic livery editor and the ability to choose sponsors for bonus credits for meeting certain event criteria.

Yhea i like the idea about the livery, in that case u can make it much more ÿour character" the rally car that you drive. And dedicate all attention and money in one proper rally car to make it faster, maintain it and fine tune the set-up to master that specific car!

I am playing now DiRT Rally for +/- 36 hours, and I am still driving the Mini and almost masterd it!, I even starting to win rallystages and get close to the number 1. Even I am just in the elite championship.

That makes it really fun :)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived