Public lobbies coming January 13 - 'Session Search' walkthrough

Also changed my steam review to recommended as this was the biggest issue that needed attention.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

The free update which includes Session Search is NOW LIVE on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. 🙂 

Is this only lobbies update or there are some fixes as well?  Assist on / off could be as an option also kick vote for everyone...

I tried a bit  it's exactly like private lobbies only difference is that there is the public option in session privacy..

I don't see any other changes or fixes 😕

Livery color bug is definitely still there.

No option for setting grid size in multiplayer

It's still impossible to choange or even look at tuning options before/during multiplayer event.

26 minutes ago, painisawarning said:

I don't see any other changes or fixes 😕

Livery color bug is definitely still there.

No option for setting grid size in multiplayer

It's still impossible to choange or even look at tuning options before/during multiplayer event.

Livery colour bug is being investigated right now; been talking to the team about it today

We can look into the potential of adding a lobby option to set a maximum grid size, but I'm not sure it's a priority at this stage. When our focus is on getting lobbies fuller than they were before, and the lobby host can choose when to trigger the event start, capping GRID sizes probably isn't super high on our to-do list

Will ask the question once again regarding tuning options in multiplayer in our next team catch-up (tomorrow), as I know it's been requested a fair bit 👍

@ChrisGrovesMCM

Adjusting the grid size in multiplayer is more important that one might think.

If you choose to play with your friends, with say, 2, or 3 people, you only have 2 options now:

1. to just race against 1 or 2 cars, or:

2. to race against 1 or 2 cars + 13/14 bloodthirsty bots

That's why grid size options sounds good. You are not forced to struggle against the hordes of bots, because you can set the grid size up to, say, 8. And race against 2 of your friends and 5 bots only.

Car tuning features for multiplayer games has a bigger priority though.

Much, much bigger.

Because right now, it's impossible to justify the existing (though 'non-existing' is a better word here) system.

I can create a separate thread about multiplayer car tuning, if what I'm saying is not clear.

• Agree 1

Nice job guys. Congratulations on hearing to the community feedback and acting accordingly. It is really  nice when this happens. Although one can argue that certain features should have been there since launch, I'm a believer of "better late than never"

I do hope it is not too late tho. My first day experience was maybe not the best, because there wasn't many people playing, sadly (on PS4 at least). But the races I did, with no bots and some 10 randoms, was quite amazing. At last I was able to play Grid online the way it was meant to. And yeah, it is a lot of fun! So thanks for deliver this mode, guys! Let's hope more people gets in now!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 1/10/2020 at 8:25 PM, GhostDraken said:

Car setups in private lobbies??? 

Seems not in this change, we can but hope in the next Season patch ...

16 hours ago, painisawarning said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM

That's why grid size options sounds good. You are not forced to struggle against the hordes of bots, because you can set the grid size up to, say, 8. And race against 2 of your friends and 5 bots only.

So this is one of the options we have been testing for other Multiplayer changes - capping the GRID size in lobbies. E.G - if you create a lobby and allow AI drivers to be added, and there are four human players in the lobby, we cap the GRID size at a specific number (let's say 8), so the grid would be four human drivers and four AI. It means that smaller lobbies still have some AI, but not so much that it can be overwhelming. 

So would that be something you'd like to see added? If anyone else likes the sound of it, give a ❤️ to this post, so we can gauge interest. 

• Like 4
  • Disagree 3

58 minutes ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM when will it release on the xbox? There is still no update on the xbox store

It's available right now on Xbox - we're seeing players create and enter custom lobbies 👍

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

It's available right now on Xbox - we're seeing players create and enter custom lobbies 👍

Thank you for your comment good to know it 🙂 I will download it I like this game 😉

If tuning options are included, please add something so we can see before entering the lobby if that lobby has or doesn't have tuning options. There's nothing more annoying than getting into a lobby and not knowing what you are going to find (this applies to everything else). 

And also, would be good that you can still choose turning off tuning options. Fixed set up is something common even in full blown simulators, would be sad to loose race configurations with same conditions for everybody.

IMO.

• Agree 4

8 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

So this is one of the options we have been testing for other Multiplayer changes - capping the GRID size in lobbies. E.G - if you create a lobby and allow AI drivers to be added, and there are four human players in the lobby, we cap the GRID size at a specific number (let's say 8), so the grid would be four human drivers and four AI. It means that smaller lobbies still have some AI, but not so much that it can be overwhelming. 

So would that be something you'd like to see added? If anyone else likes the sound of it, give a ❤️ to this post, so we can gauge interest. 

Chris, I would welcome any system, that allows me to reduce the grid size.

But I think that 'grid size' setting in a custom lobby menu would be the best, and you even have this setting in the game already - in Free Play mode.

If you're worried that capped lobbies are bad for community, etc, here's another option:

Instead of 'grid size', give us 'bot grid size' setting. 

This way, I can host a lobby for me and my buddies, and choose for example 4 bots. But if people want to join my lobby, they can join, and fill all the 16 slots, kicking bots out as needed.

And I just want to repeat this one more time: address mutliplayer car tuning issue already, it's really obnoxious, and spoils the multiplayer experience very much.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Please check your inbox. All I wanted was a solution.  

17 hours ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

@ChrisGrovesMCMHi 🙂 There is still no Update I am from Germany can you tell me when the rollout is in germany? I am so hyped 😄

open youre game with the option button and click on update, you ll get it, couple of hundred mb

11 hours ago, painisawarning said:

And I just want to repeat this one more time: address mutliplayer car tuning issue already, it's really obnoxious, and spoils the multiplayer experience very much.

I've re-raised the topic with the team. Can see both sides of this debate but as it's been requested a few times recently, I'm chasing. When I get more news I'll let you know 👍

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

I've re-raised the topic with the team. Can see both sides of this debate but as it's been requested a few times recently, I'm chasing. When I get more news I'll let you know 👍

Why is it even a 'debate' ? 🙂

Especially now, after public lobbies were launched, people will join to other people's lobbies.

And they will be forced to pick a car from the category that lobby host has chosen.

And they will never know, if the car they picked has supershort gear ratio, which makes it impossible to win any races with.

Or maybe it has some experimental brake and suspension setup that makes it impossible to drive fast.

If there's a 'debate' about this at Codemasters, then maybe I should create this big thread after all and explain, why it's such a big deal?

Maybe someone is not seeing something?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, painisawarning said:

And they will never know, if the car they picked has supershort gear ratio, which makes it impossible to win any races with.

Or maybe it has some experimental brake and suspension setup that makes it impossible to drive fast. 

I have reset all my cars to default because I spent a night racing with cars on bad setups and it sucked just doing pirouettes at every corner

47 minutes ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM yeeeah it is okay the update is now available I can't wait to play 😄 

what you waiting for PLAY PLAY PLAY !..................i Don't see you 🙂

Edited by OugaBooga
  • Haha 1