Public lobbies coming January 13 - 'Session Search' walkthrough

On 1/13/2020 at 4:15 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

When our focus is on getting lobbies fuller than they were before...

I've just reinstalled the game and the new lobby system is pretty much exactly what gamers were looking for, but the only issue i'm seeing is the number of online players on XB1. Last night's count was 6-13 (it varied) players across a couple of custom lobbies so with that in mind i'm curious as to how Codemasters are planning to get lobbies fuller than they were before. Ok, so grouping the remaining userbase into a couple of lobbies is kind of doing just that but being forced to race against (example) 3-6 players in cars you might not want to use isn't really much better than the situation was prior to the update. Plus, if it's a laggy game then where are you expected to go if you want to quit for a better race?

I admire your optimism but short of giving the game away for free I personally can't see the current situation changing.

• Agree 2

I guess I'd better get the disc back out , blow off the cobwebs  and really see if it's what it says on the tin,

There were no lobbies (XB1) when I checked last night. This game needs to go to Xbox Game Pass ASAP if it’s any hope of surviving.

Edited by xxCxxUxxRxxExx
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, xxCxxUxxRxxExx said:

There were no lobbies (XB1) when I checked last night. This game needs to go to Xbox Game Pass ASAP if it’s any hope of surviving.

Aside from a couple of free play weekends (along with a massive discount) to potentially bolster interest levels gamepass is probably the only option for Grid now. As a non-deluxe owner with very little interest in future vehicle content and no desire to want to race any new circuits in just random freeplay events, for me personally multiplayer is the only genuine reason to want to hang on to the game. I think there was always going be a high probability that the XB1 online community would be relatively small (perhaps a dozen or so sparsely populated lobbies) so it did come as a bit of a disappointment to see a player count that barely broke double figures - so much so that I kind of wished I hadn't bothered reinstalling it in the first place! But hey, the weekend is fast approaching so you never know what that might bring....

is this game cross play  between PC-xbox-ps4 ?

if this goes to game pass it won't help, will just kill off any further sales completely !

Game should have been delayed to spring/summer 2020 with a FULL list of tracks & the multiplayer complete with features needed.

we'll see this weekend but today was a good day playing.

also i think free weekend was a bad move after the sale, just ****** off the people that paid full price or even 1/2 price that went over the 2hr refund limit.

10 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

is this game cross play  between PC-xbox-ps4 ?

if this goes to game pass it won't help, will just kill off any further sales completely !

Game should have been delayed to spring/summer 2020 with a FULL list of tracks & the multiplayer complete with features needed.

we'll see this weekend but today was a good day playing.

also i think free weekend was a bad move after the sale, just ****** off the people that paid full price or even 1/2 price that went over the 2hr refund limit.

I don't really know how gamepass works but I can only assume Microsoft give developers $$ for use within their subscription, so If that is the case then it makes better financial sense to take that money instead of hoping to generate income from a game that may already have come to the end of it's lifespan. Free weekends (with a discount for making a purchase) isn't an entirely bad idea because it gives people the option to try before they buy and whilst most will probably play it for free with no intentions of ever owning it some may opt to buy it. After all, I purchased F1 2019 after a free weekend and I dare say others did exactly the same.

After events surrounding Dirt Rally 2 i'm pretty sure Codemasters have no qualms about who they upset so I don't think that offering it out on a free weekend or shovelling it out on Gamepass will bother them at all - and speaking as one of those who has already bought the game (albeit much cheaper than the digital asking price), if it means an increased online interest then I really don't care how they choose to market it from here onwards.

Re: Delaying the game. I think most Grid fans would argue that the delay from Autosport to Grid 2019 was more than long enough to get things right.

@ChrisGrovesMCM... can you by any chance let us know if Racedriver: GRID has been mentioned in meetings for a remaster at all since GRID 2019 release? 

I am not afraid if you say no but I may cry so knock me down slowly

I joined the MP a few days long at the Dutch time 17;00 till like 20;00 on the PS4 and every time there where like 3-4 full lobbies with more then 10 humans in it and great and fun racing, in the PS4 community with arround 400 members allot of people returned to the game for the MP, hopely its not to late and more people decide to come back

• Like 1

So online has definitely improved. However skirmish needs to go and be replaced with the lobby screen where everyone readies up. Also I think in game chat should be forced as no one is talking anymore. 

A few lag issues too but hopefully they'll be sorted. The constant tyre screech is boring. As is the awful handling. Take note from grid 1 please. 

Also a system to filter out the dirty racers would be an improvement. Too many aggressive drivers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mangove1 said:

So online has definitely improved. However skirmish needs to go and be replaced with the lobby screen where everyone readies up. Also I think in game chat should be forced as no one is talking anymore. 

A few lag issues too but hopefully they'll be sorted. The constant tyre screech is boring. As is the awful handling. Take note from grid 1 please. 

Also a system to filter out the dirty racers would be an improvement. Too many aggressive drivers. 

lol, usually the aggressive drivers ram themselves into walls.

it's funny watching them in my mirror as they spin out

Edited by OugaBooga

Would it be possible to display next track/tournament details/weather somewhere onscreen whilst in the skirmish lobby? Unless i'm completely overlooking something then the only reference to what set of tracks you're about to be racing is via the tournament name only (from career or freeplay) with no actual description as to event lengths within that particular series. Same thing for the weather to benefit those who want to tweak the handling prior to the race starting.

Also, if a vehicle is already tuned offline (career mode) does the tune stay in place if you take the same vehicle online? Or does it revert to it's default setup?

Finally a personal request: The option to turn off overhead AI names but leave real player names visible.

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

3 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Also, if a vehicle is already tuned offline (career mode) does the tune stay in place if you take the same vehicle online? Or does it revert to it's default setup?

I had the same question and it was answered on discord by Chris so here you go:

"ChrisGroves18: they take the settings you use/adjusted in single player menus"

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Love to see tuning and car selection for each online race. Nothing worse than knowing full well you will never win the race if you can not tune your car to suit the event you are racing in.

We should be able to choose our own car in these online races, not just at the start of Skirmish.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

One more request. Can you display the 'ready' option onscreen instead of hidden away in the pause menu? I'm not convinced everyone is aware that it's there and because of which it can drag out the start of a race by quite a bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

One more request. Can you display the 'ready' option onscreen instead of hidden away in the pause menu? I'm not convinced everyone is aware that it's there and because of which it can drag out the start of a race by quite a bit.

Yes that skimrish makes things less functional... We prefer traditional lobby screen like those of previous Grid games and Demo derby as game mode like previous Grid games too..

• Agree 2

It would be the drift mode for me because its was always a part of the series...

And i loved the Grid AS drag racing dlc... Best drag mode i ever played in a game... 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

out of ALL the modes i would REALLY LIKE derby to come BACK

A one word answer to that..... "Wreckfest"

20 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

out of ALL the modes i would REALLY LIKE derby to come BACK

you do that while you are waiting in an MP lobby 📢🙉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, django|UKMD said:

you do that while you are waiting in an MP lobby 📢🙉

have you played grid 2008 derby online ?

sounds to me you never have cause the lobby version is NOTHING remotely close to the fun & strategies used online back then.

Playing bots in og Grid SP is 1 thing but the MP was like a "whole new (many) level(s)" of fun & interaction !

DUDE, you MISSED OUT BIG TIME ! ! !

As for the other guy that mentioned wreckfest, i have had that on my wish list since it was announced.

thing was that at 1st the dev's were in the right direction but started to change things people didn't agree with & there was a LOT of "feed back"

Looks like they changed stuff to get it back on track.

Will get it on the next sale, am too busy with many other racing titles.

Edited by OugaBooga
something went wrong

5 minutes ago, OugaBooga said:

wth, got posted twice

Edited by OugaBooga
needs delete on 2nd post

Sadly, only three players last night on XB1.

Begs the question - is there really that little amount of people playing, or is this a matchmaking issue/limitation? How can there only be 3-4 players on Xbox globally? Either that is the case, or there is match making or session (connection-based), restrictions.

Either way - hoping the user base increases...need...more...people.

• Agree 1

GRID2/AS had variety of racing modes, drift, drag and great online RaceNet support with fans, rivals, weekly missions etc.

GRID2019 has two racing modes, featurless online and shallow crareer. What did you expected?

Edited by lastbreath