Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[FEATURE] Super Special Stages?

Do we want Super Special Stages in the game? The stadium stages where two cars compete the same time but on two different tracks crossing. I Think those would be/look really cool in this game. It is something that is used in the real WRC, no Gymkhana stuff.

I support this. Even though i have a strong dislike of them in every rally game that include them.

Oh definitely not - if the artists are going to put time into modelling stages, these things can stay as far away as they belong. IE: nowhere near rallying.

IMO, of course ;)

I think that leads us slightly towards the whole dirt 3 experience which I'm personally trying to avoid.... but as above this is just my opinion.

Nice to have some head and head competition, could make nice online events of it aswell

Flashy stadium stuff was commonplace in DiRT 2 and 3, but now that DiRT is back to actual stages, I think that'd bring back the "special" feeling. If they're done realistically - ie without dubstep, shoe salesmen, and wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tube men - it'd be good.

I'd love to see the old Millennium Stadium stage at the end of the Welsh rally :D

Yes so long as they are realistic, and not necessarily for every location.

Back in the day going and watching the super special stage with the whole two cars crossing over was my favorite part of rally New Zealand. I enjoyed it so much and would love to see it in the game. Like it has been said they should keep it as a special thing for some locations and not go too much further with into the arcady side of things.
I'm still sad that they destroyed that stage in favor of a motorway  :'(

I vote yes, since most CMR games had them. Just no flashy stupid stuff like in Dirt 2 and 3.

For everyone that voted yes, would you prioritise Super Special stages over more normal stages first? I just can't believe so many people would want these Mickey Mouse style arenas over actual rally stages.

As a spectator, I've been to one of these stages in the past and been bored stupid; for me rallying is about being close to the cars and watching them defy dangerous environments - I just found the whole SS experience sterile, an antithesis of what rallying is about.

So yes, my question is; as we only have two stages per location at the moment, would you prefer a third location to be a 'normal' Special stage, or a Super Special?

Barnestah said:
Well I think it all been said above. Yes, but keep it real. ;)
Understood that people want them, but as we've seen in this particular forum, people want everything under the sun; so I'm curious to know which people would choose, given the sort of choice the developers would have to make with time. I guess you could get two Super Specials for the 'price' of one proper stage, plus some additional programming work for the AI and game base.

We just don't know at the end of the day. However  looking at the road book Rallycross will be implemented at some point anyway. So some circuits will already be in game. Tho personally I  would rather  see 2 or 3 SS  tracks in the base game. And Have Rallycross as an add-on / dlc. If the base is solid enough  I can't see a problem people paying a little extra for some real rallycross tracks.

Tho on that note, as much as it pains me to say as love Pikes peak. Hill climb should also be an add-on.

But probably having a great Rally sim with  all the long tracks and diversity / realism everyone would like. And then being  able to buy fairly sizeable  extra add-on content,  Rallycross, Hill climb, etc. Is probably  just a pipe drea in reality. 

Shame as that would make for one hell of a title.

For everyone that voted yes, would you prioritise Super Special stages over more normal stages first? I just can't believe so many people would want these Mickey Mouse style arenas over actual rally stages.

As a spectator, I've been to one of these stages in the past and been bored stupid; for me rallying is about being close to the cars and watching them defy dangerous environments - I just found the whole SS experience sterile, an antithesis of what rallying is about.

So yes, my question is; as we only have two stages per location at the moment, would you prefer a third location to be a 'normal' Special stage, or a Super Special?
No it shouldn't come before more stages at this point but down the line sss would be nice.
The quality of viewing depends entirely on the stage itself, the more recent NZ stage around the Auckland domain was crap for example, the sort of thing it sounds like you were referring to. The old one however was so worth it. You could see most of the full gravel stage (as apposed to the one corner you get on normal stages, that's what i call boring), it was no arena stage. Maybe I just have a tinted view on this whole thing because of that one stage that doesn't even exist any more