DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

VR Issue: A way to disable lock to horizon?

I have noticed that going from 2D to VR that there is a very very strong (and unrealistic) lock to horizon in the car.  Might help many people with motion sickness I think, but I need to try the opposite which I am used to, which is to allow some realistic shake.  Need it to at least experiment to see if it will help reduce pretty severe motion sickness a tiny bit in my specific case.

So is there any way to disable this feature to a level similar to "max head shake" setting in the option menu without VR? (note this setting does a lot of shake compensation already and is partial horizon lock)

I would like to add that this feature is pretty terrible as it keeps horizon lock even as your car tilts 30% to one side across road features etc, it's very disorientating for me!

If not, could this please be added as an option that's off by default? (you can add a red comfort indicator on it if you please or hide it in the configs, just let it be possible)

Edited by bn880

Someone mentioned to look for " Vehicle Camera Motion "  in HUD options, I will do that next time I try it and report back.  Possibly PEBKAC  🙂

Except this is with VR and it's an inversion of a functionality with VR.

You can set to Yes the fourth option in VR settings. I attach a screenshot (but in Spanish).

But I prefer not to do it. In real life you are moving with the car, of course, but... Your eyes are locked to horizont (brain does the magic!) So a lot of people think (I am one of them) that camera locked to horizont is more realistic (and less sickness) in VR.

😉

IMG_20200116_000041.jpg

• Like 1

Yes thank you, I forgot to post here to update.  I have set the " Enable Locked Orientation " (under VR comfort options) to ON and it's better.  I feel less drowsy and more at one with the car.  🙂

Edited by bn880