Friends leaderboards ps4

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but I’ve been away from this forum for a while. 

My friends leaderboards aren’t updating (ps4). At least 4 friends that I know of, have posted lap times on various tracks, but their lap times aren’t visible to me. The game simply says: no times posted yet. Same goes for them, my lap times aren’t visible to them either. 

Does anybody know what’s happening, or how to fix this? Thanks!

Unrelated, has there been any news about using F2 and classic cars in leagues?

Could be the times are slower than the top 15.000 times. Times will show in both leaderboards once they have achieved that.

So, is this a bug, or do I really have to reach a certain level to compete against my own friends? 

@BarryBL is this a known issue? And is there a solution? I’d really appreciate the help. 

That's incorrect. My friends are all shown in the friends leaderboards and in a recent discussion regarding the same issue it was confirmed that you need to be faster than the 15.000 place to be visible in the friends- and normal leaderboard.

Check this post. 

If my information is not correct or your times are good enough to be listed (so faster than slowest in the list) I will move this post to the technical assistance section.

Thanks for replying, all..

I’ve read te post. But it still seems strange to me. I don’t really care about the global leaderboards, but I do like to compare lap times with my . We’re all about the same skill level, but nowhere near the global top times. 
Also, I don’t recall this being an issue in previous F1 games, but I can be mistaken.

djdavid, seems to have the same problem, while being in the top 15000. 

I hope someone from Codemasters can clarify this. 

I will move this post to the technical assistance section once you have confirmed you and your friends are visible in the global leaderboard. However, although you don’t care about the global leaderboard you have to be in it in order to be shown in the friends leaderboard so please check with your friends. The friends leaderboard is a data subset from the global leaderboard.

Sure, I’ll check. But if this is indeed correct, I find it a really strange design decision. 

Anyway, thanks everyone for your input. 

edit: just posted a time, that made it into the global leaderboards and is also visible in the friends leaderboard. So, it seems to check out. Still don’t like the way this works, but oke. Thanks again guys!

Edited by StanleyGoodspeed
additional information

27 minutes ago, djdavid said:

Yes, both visible on leaderboard.

I have split your contribution into a new post, please reply there to keep the forum clean.

Hi everyone,

It seems to be a strange issue, and from @djdavid and his private message to me (and judging by the times he sent), it might be affecting people in the top 15,000 too.

I'll raise it to the developers and investigate this further for you both.

• Agree 2