Sign in to follow this  

Still crashing!!! >:(

What have I paid for, a game I can't play at all??? 

Had this issue when the game first came out, sorted it and played it to death! Then uninstalled and recently reinstalled. 

I just want to play multiplayer games, well more then just a session. After EVERY session the game crashes. 

The steam overlay is NOT enabled, it has clearly saved previous preferences and settings so I don't understand why the game is now doing this again. 

"Code-masters" - you guys should change that second word! 

1 hour ago, Joe90sw said:

What have I paid for, a game I can't play at all??? 

Had this issue when the game first came out, sorted it and played it to death! Then uninstalled and recently reinstalled. 

I just want to play multiplayer games, well more then just a session. After EVERY session the game crashes. 

The steam overlay is NOT enabled, it has clearly saved previous preferences and settings so I don't understand why the game is now doing this again. 

"Code-masters" - you guys should change that second word! 

The Steam overlay bug is fixed ages ago, so you don't need to consider that if your drivers are updated.

Steve, my drivers are up to date and the machine is a top end one! I can't believe the game has regressed back to being unplayable. 

Has no one got a solution? So codemasters can take my money and then at any point make that purchase useless? 

3 hours ago, Joe90sw said:

Steve, my drivers are up to date and the machine is a top end one! I can't believe the game has regressed back to being unplayable. 

Has no one got a solution? So codemasters can take my money and then at any point make that purchase useless? 

Well, they released 1.18.1 and 1.18.2 as specific card fixes over Steam instead of beta. I'd wait for 1.19 or 1.20 whatever the hell it manifests itself as.

It's true the newer machines seem to have more issues. Try reducing your framerate (either jack up the settings to Ultra everything and if you have a fast monitor, sync it to a high refresh rate like 120 or 144Hz), enable G-SYNC or Freesync.

V-SYNC OFF is bad.

Steve, I don't know if it was the vsync off or the uncapped frames but with those 2 things on (capped at 120fps) I have just done 3 online races. 

Thank you for your help. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Joe90sw said:

Steve, I don't know if it was the vsync off or the uncapped frames but with those 2 things on (capped at 120fps) I have just done 3 online races. 

Thank you for your help. 

Seems framecapping is useful on not only this game.