Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Still crashing!!! >:(

Recommended Posts

What have I paid for, a game I can't play at all??? 

Had this issue when the game first came out, sorted it and played it to death! Then uninstalled and recently reinstalled. 

I just want to play multiplayer games, well more then just a session. After EVERY session the game crashes. 

The steam overlay is NOT enabled, it has clearly saved previous preferences and settings so I don't understand why the game is now doing this again. 

"Code-masters" - you guys should change that second word! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe90sw said:

What have I paid for, a game I can't play at all??? 

Had this issue when the game first came out, sorted it and played it to death! Then uninstalled and recently reinstalled. 

I just want to play multiplayer games, well more then just a session. After EVERY session the game crashes. 

The steam overlay is NOT enabled, it has clearly saved previous preferences and settings so I don't understand why the game is now doing this again. 

"Code-masters" - you guys should change that second word! 

The Steam overlay bug is fixed ages ago, so you don't need to consider that if your drivers are updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve, my drivers are up to date and the machine is a top end one! I can't believe the game has regressed back to being unplayable. 

Has no one got a solution? So codemasters can take my money and then at any point make that purchase useless? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe90sw said:

Steve, my drivers are up to date and the machine is a top end one! I can't believe the game has regressed back to being unplayable. 

Has no one got a solution? So codemasters can take my money and then at any point make that purchase useless? 

Well, they released 1.18.1 and 1.18.2 as specific card fixes over Steam instead of beta. I'd wait for 1.19 or 1.20 whatever the hell it manifests itself as.

It's true the newer machines seem to have more issues. Try reducing your framerate (either jack up the settings to Ultra everything and if you have a fast monitor, sync it to a high refresh rate like 120 or 144Hz), enable G-SYNC or Freesync.

V-SYNC OFF is bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve, I don't know if it was the vsync off or the uncapped frames but with those 2 things on (capped at 120fps) I have just done 3 online races. 

Thank you for your help. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe90sw said:

Steve, I don't know if it was the vsync off or the uncapped frames but with those 2 things on (capped at 120fps) I have just done 3 online races. 

Thank you for your help. 

Seems framecapping is useful on not only this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×