Sign in to follow this  

[PC w/Xbox Controller] - Trigger Rumble broken on DX12

It takes like 3 or 4 restarts of the game to make it work in DX12, it will just randomly be grey'd out in the options and not work in-game.

Starting the game in DX11 works every time but this API has stutters. I gather it won't get fixed as updates have stopped but ye.

Xbox One Controller

Windows 10

i5 4690

GTX 970, latest drivers

Hi @kraM1t

Can you provide the below information when possible:

A short description of the problem:

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

Videos or screenshots. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

@kraM1t do you use voice control? Can you see if there is a correlation between voice control working and trigger rumble working?

On 1/13/2020 at 9:52 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi @kraM1t

Can you provide the below information when possible:

A short description of the problem:

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

Videos or screenshots. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

Xbox One controller trigger haptic vibration sometimes does not work in the DX12 version of the game. Restarting the game multiple times makes it come back.

Game version is from release up to latest this has been happening (1.18.2).

Happens in all game modes until game is restarted multiple times until it randomly works (you can tell as the menu for Haptic Trigger vibration is greyed out)

A video of it would just be me restarting the game multiple times until that part of the menu becomes accessible, when that works then it also works out on track.

The regular controller vibration always works, but not the haptic triggers.

Nothing happened in the lead up, you open the game and it either works or it doesn't. The DX11 version does not suffer this issue from my testing.

Hi @kraM1t,

Very strange. I run with a similar setup here and I've clocked 100 hours since November on the game, and not noticed a drop off in the triggers.

I'll keep trying and see if it comes up. If you do get regular reports of this, please keep me poste.d

No feedback on the other related idea either. Sometimes voice control works, sometimes not. If we can figure that some of these things fail at the same time (or not) then we might get somewhere. I don't have a controller so I can't test if trigger rumble is broken when voice control doesn't either.