Formula1 2019 chash for D3D in laptop SONY VAIO

Hi.
I bought a formula1 2019 game from the steam plartform.
I have a SONY vaio laptop with windows 10 PRO and 10G in RAM setting

When i try to start the game, it crach with the follow message:

The D3D device has been removed. try to update the drivers or change the requirements.

I downloaded the DIRECTX 12 2020 but my system warning about that i have the same o latest version or equivalent.

Can you tell me how to change the requirement for 3D for the game.
Thanks  a lot

Felipe 

9 hours ago, HugoFelipeSanch said:
Hi.
I bought a formula1 2019 game from the steam plartform.
I have a SONY vaio laptop with windows 10 PRO and 10G in RAM setting

When i try to start the game, it crach with the follow message:

The D3D device has been removed. try to update the drivers or change the requirements.

I downloaded the DIRECTX 12 2020 but my system warning about that i have the same o latest version or equivalent.

Can you tell me how to change the requirement for 3D for the game.
Thanks  a lot

Felipe 

Didn't they stop making Sony VAIO laptops about 5 or 6 years ago? Does it meet minimum spec? Gotta say I doubt it.

I believe you, but technically things are developing fast and three years in computer terms could mean the VAIO is from the Stone Age by now. Just compare the minimum specs from F1 2016 to F1 2019 and look for the differences.

On 1/12/2020 at 8:20 PM, 1512marcel said:

I believe you, but technically things are developing fast and three years in computer terms could mean the VAIO is from the Stone Age by now. Just compare the minimum specs from F1 2016 to F1 2019 and look for the differences.

Minimum specs haven't changed too much, recommended has but it's based on desktop processors not mobile ones.

Basically the minimum spec asks for a quad-core CPU or at least one with four virtual cores. Most mobile CPUs are the latter.

It might have a discrete video accelerator with dedicated RAM - hence the user insistence it has 10GB RAM, this will either be 8GB + 2GB dedicated or 12GB (8GB+4GB arrangement with 2GB shared). But at that age they are likely to be minimum spec.

e.g. GTX460M might run F1 2016 but is outside minimum spec for F1 2019 and a lot further from recommended spec.

but without a serial or model number (or dxdiag) it's impossible to tell. 

Edited by steviejay69

Does your GPU support DirectX12? You should be able to find that out with a quick search on google. Have you also tried to run the game on DirectX11? (also known as the compatibility mode)

12 hours ago, UP100 said:

Does your GPU support DirectX12? You should be able to find that out with a quick search on google. Have you also tried to run the game on DirectX11? (also known as the compatibility mode)

It’s known as DX11 mode, let’s not use words like compatibility. It’s too soon.

37 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

It’s known as DX11 mode, let’s not use words like compatibility. It’s too soon.

I believe it has been called compatibility mode by some of Codies' employees. I'd expect DX11 support to be dropped for F1 soon as it has already been dropped at Southam with GRID releasing as a DirectX12 only 🙂 

36 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I believe it has been called compatibility mode by some of Codies' employees. I'd expect DX11 support to be dropped for F1 soon as it has already been dropped at Southam with GRID releasing as a DirectX12 only 🙂 

Yeah well Compatibility Mode is something else entirely on a Windows system, so let's not be calling apples oranges. I applaud the decision to go DX12 only (DX11 is only there for W7, whoops EOL so....)

I'd expect better of Codies' employees....oh, wait....