F1 2020 compatibility with ps4???

It's one of those things that pop into my head every now and again ps5 sounds good but will thf1 2020 be compatible to play on the system  or will I keep from buying the ps5 till the following  year  

• Like 1

As the 2020 game is certain to be released before the ps5 by some margin I doubt it will be compatible unless all legacy games are playable on the ps5. I don't believe developers even have their hands on advance dev ps5 hardware yet. I don't believe anyone here could answer your question yet but if be interested to hear some opinions! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

As the 2020 game is certain to be released before the ps5 by some margin I doubt it will be compatible unless all legacy games are playable on the ps5. I don't believe developers even have their hands on advance dev ps5 hardware yet. I don't believe anyone here could answer your question yet but if be interested to hear some opinions! 

will be yet another copy paste badly done. nothing to worry about nex-gen. 😄 sorry I didn't want to quote you. :)
  • Haha 1

I believe the “dev sets” of the new platforms will be available if they aren’t already. However, that doesn’t mean the new game will be developed with the new platforms in mind. Like Sloppy says, the new game will be out long before the new platforms arrive.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, miket24 said:

It's one of those things that pop into my head every now and again ps5 sounds good but will thf1 2020 be compatible to play on the system  or will I keep from buying the ps5 till the following  year  

Devkits for the next gen Ps5/XboxScarlet have been rumoured to be out for over a year, and it was one of Codemasters "Ex- developer" that leaked pictures and more insightful data on the Ps5 devkit just a couple of months ago.

Codemasters therefore must already be working on the next gen titles for quite some time. It wouldn't be too far fetched, as development for mutliple Ps4 start titles began around 3 years before release, so a similar plan very likely is the case today too.

Either way, as to the plan on F1 2020 and F1 2021, Codemasters has 2 options:

1. Take the 2014 route and simply make F1 2020 a Ps4/XBone exclusive, despite of the Ps5/XBoxScarlet hitting shelves a few months later, to save money and to have more development time for the proper "next-gen" F1 2021 title.

As long as F1 2021 won't be another 2015 disaster, this route might be the most likely one they decided to choose, but beware, F1 2020 might be yet another low effort copy & paste as in the past with minor changes and no significant improvements.

2. Take the route of Battlefield 4, which was published on the PS3/XBox360 & PS4/XBone back to back, this might be a more stressful and costly approach, but at least everyone would get a copy on their respective platform right in time.

Back in the days, Battlefield 4 on the old gen Ps3/Xbox360 was unnecessary, it was nowhere near the performance of the next gen Ps4/XBone, as a matter of fact, the next gen titles could have been better if the old gen was not a priority to develop on imo, but a key difference between Battlefield and Codemasters F1 franchise is that CM create a annual product so the comparison is nonsensical or very daring.

Only Codemasters know the definite answer.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Agree 2

On 1/12/2020 at 2:30 PM, sloppysmusic said:

I believe they aer planning t omake the PS5 compatible with PS4 games but I'm not sure so don't quote me on that I know the new Xbox is supposedly going to be fully compatible though with all Xbox games from what I've heard. I doubt the PS 5is going to be made compatible with the PS3 and earlier system's games though

All I Am Saying Is That I Cant Wait For The New F1 2021 Game On PS5. All The Rumours Pointing To A Complete Backwards Compatibility For The PS5. Of Course It Will All Be Revealed In February 2020.