Jump to content Jump to content

Difficulty with the t300 steering wheel!?

BrabusBG880

Hello Guys, 

few days aago i bought Trustmaster T300RS steereng wheel and Playseat Evolution. Everything is fine with them.

I strated playing the favorite game F1 2019 and already had maybe 10 - 15 hours on Australia and Bahrain and feel very frustrated by me. Normally I'm not very fast, but my lap times with the wheel are 4 sec slower than the lap times with controller (PS4). I tried and tried and tried and the things doesn't becomes better, even worse. 

Did I miss something or... i don't know. When I comapre my lap times i see the most tome I lose is exiting the slow corners, even 0.5sec at corner some times.

I tride with and without traction control - the same situation.

Is the same with you or may be i miss anything.

I have not make any settings of the wheel.

Thank you inadvance.

• 1 month later...

Is this your first time on the wheel?

If so, it is natural, and expected, to be significantly slower at first, but practice will improve your consistency and time eventually, just be patient.

For wheel settings, try to get all settings adjusted to serve only 1 purpose, having a 1:1 handling and feel from your inputs transferring to the ingame registration, meaning that if you turn your wheel at 90° to the left, the ingame steering wheel should also be standing at 90° to the left or if you press your brake / throttle pedal down at around 40%, the ingame throttle and brake should also be showing 40%.

In the wheel setting menu there is a specific option that shows the input value 0 - 100 for the steering wheel and the pedals, use that at first to see if your wheel is set correctly, if it isn't, try changing the saturation / linearity accordingly until you get the correct 1:1 result.

Also, turn off "Understeer Enhance" and make sure that the Force Feedback is not set too high, else your wheel will start clipping and you will lose a lot of detail and information through the wheel.

Anyways, have fun!

On 2/16/2020 at 7:49 AM, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Is this your first time on the wheel?

If so, it is natural, and expected, to be significantly slower at first, but practice will improve your consistency and time eventually, just be patient.

For wheel settings, try to get all settings adjusted to serve only 1 purpose, having a 1:1 handling and feel from your inputs transferring to the ingame registration, meaning that if you turn your wheel at 90° to the left, the ingame steering wheel should also be standing at 90° to the left or if you press your brake / throttle pedal down at around 40%, the ingame throttle and brake should also be showing 40%.

In the wheel setting menu there is a specific option that shows the input value 0 - 100 for the steering wheel and the pedals, use that at first to see if your wheel is set correctly, if it isn't, try changing the saturation / linearity accordingly until you get the correct 1:1 result.

Also, turn off "Understeer Enhance" and make sure that the Force Feedback is not set too high, else your wheel will start clipping and you will lose a lot of detail and information through the wheel.

Anyways, have fun!

I have understeer enhance on, is this why I'm slow? 🙂

10 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I have understeer enhance on, is this why I'm slow? 🙂

"Understeer enhance on" takes away some of the control over the wheel, it feels less accurate when understeer occurs to correct the steering, but in the contrary it also helps to exaggerate the feedback of understeer to give a easier feel to where grip is about to get lost.

"Understeer enhance off" gets rid of this feel and has greater control overall, but takes a little bit of a learning curve to understand the grip levels and when grip is lost.

Some of the fellas in my league use it, but only to get a finite maximum amount of lock to assist them in knowing when the grip is about to fall, it doesn't make them faster though, actually they found "understeer enhance off" to be quicker.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
8 hours ago, DDL10 said:

Have you managed to get your times down? What are your full settings?

Also does anybody have an idea what wheel damper does?

Anybody have some settlngs or any advice?

Thanks

Wheel damper makes the wheel harder to turn , but it affects something else depending on how you set up the other settings , its complicated because one setting can affect other settings, and a set up that feels right in cockpit view is wrong when using T cam view , also you wouldn't use the same force feedback settings to drive an F1 car and an F2 car.

What wheelbase do you have and what view are you using to drive. Do you want to be the fastest in Time Trial or do you want a realistic like feeling while driving .

On 3/12/2021 at 1:07 PM, Exasperated said:

Wheel damper makes the wheel harder to turn , but it affects something else depending on how you set up the other settings , its complicated because one setting can affect other settings, and a set up that feels right in cockpit view is wrong when using T cam view , also you wouldn't use the same force feedback settings to drive an F1 car and an F2 car.

What wheelbase do you have and what view are you using to drive. Do you want to be the fastest in Time Trial or do you want a realistic like feeling while driving .

I have T300 and i use Tcam view.  I am looking for realistic feeling. I am starting to understand the physics more and more. I just got the wheel last week. 

Thanks for the info.

Try these  for F1 cars and see if you think they are any good :

Calibration = Top to bottom. 0 0 8 15 25 0 15 100 15

FFB = Top to bottom 100 (or 104)  60. 65. 53. 0. OFF. 360

Too prevent understeer you need your  Front tyre pressures to be quite high generally speaking so they grip the track better because they run hotter with high pressures also more down force on the front wing will help the car turn in , but that is a simplification of car set up you will have to read up on that to understand how setups affect the way the car drives.

These settings are for an F2 car.

Calibration = Top to bottom 0. 0. 8. 25. 69(or 96)  0. 16. 100. 40

FFB = Top to bottom 80. 95. 50  40 0. OFF 360

If you think the FFB settings feel too powerful or not powerful enough then just use the overall strength setting to raise or lower it to start experimenting , but in small steps as it can make a lot of  difference to how it feels.

• 1 month later...

Archived