Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Difficulty with the t300 steering wheel!?

Hello Guys, 

few days aago i bought Trustmaster T300RS steereng wheel and Playseat Evolution. Everything is fine with them.

I strated playing the favorite game F1 2019 and already had maybe 10 - 15 hours on Australia and Bahrain and feel very frustrated by me. Normally I'm not very fast, but my lap times with the wheel are 4 sec slower than the lap times with controller (PS4). I tried and tried and tried and the things doesn't becomes better, even worse. 

Did I miss something or... i don't know. When I comapre my lap times i see the most tome I lose is exiting the slow corners, even 0.5sec at corner some times.

I tride with and without traction control - the same situation.

Is the same with you or may be i miss anything.

I have not make any settings of the wheel.

Thank you inadvance.

• Like 1

Is this your first time on the wheel?

If so, it is natural, and expected, to be significantly slower at first, but practice will improve your consistency and time eventually, just be patient.

For wheel settings, try to get all settings adjusted to serve only 1 purpose, having a 1:1 handling and feel from your inputs transferring to the ingame registration, meaning that if you turn your wheel at 90° to the left, the ingame steering wheel should also be standing at 90° to the left or if you press your brake / throttle pedal down at around 40%, the ingame throttle and brake should also be showing 40%.

In the wheel setting menu there is a specific option that shows the input value 0 - 100 for the steering wheel and the pedals, use that at first to see if your wheel is set correctly, if it isn't, try changing the saturation / linearity accordingly until you get the correct 1:1 result.

Also, turn off "Understeer Enhance" and make sure that the Force Feedback is not set too high, else your wheel will start clipping and you will lose a lot of detail and information through the wheel.

Anyways, have fun!

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight

On 2/16/2020 at 7:49 AM, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Is this your first time on the wheel?

If so, it is natural, and expected, to be significantly slower at first, but practice will improve your consistency and time eventually, just be patient.

For wheel settings, try to get all settings adjusted to serve only 1 purpose, having a 1:1 handling and feel from your inputs transferring to the ingame registration, meaning that if you turn your wheel at 90° to the left, the ingame steering wheel should also be standing at 90° to the left or if you press your brake / throttle pedal down at around 40%, the ingame throttle and brake should also be showing 40%.

In the wheel setting menu there is a specific option that shows the input value 0 - 100 for the steering wheel and the pedals, use that at first to see if your wheel is set correctly, if it isn't, try changing the saturation / linearity accordingly until you get the correct 1:1 result.

Also, turn off "Understeer Enhance" and make sure that the Force Feedback is not set too high, else your wheel will start clipping and you will lose a lot of detail and information through the wheel.

Anyways, have fun!

I have understeer enhance on, is this why I'm slow? 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I have understeer enhance on, is this why I'm slow? 🙂

"Understeer enhance on" takes away some of the control over the wheel, it feels less accurate when understeer occurs to correct the steering, but in the contrary it also helps to exaggerate the feedback of understeer to give a easier feel to where grip is about to get lost.

"Understeer enhance off" gets rid of this feel and has greater control overall, but takes a little bit of a learning curve to understand the grip levels and when grip is lost.

Some of the fellas in my league use it, but only to get a finite maximum amount of lock to assist them in knowing when the grip is about to fall, it doesn't make them faster though, actually they found "understeer enhance off" to be quicker.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1