F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

PC Delux Edition Not installing on Steam

Hi,

I purchased the PC Delux edition of Dirt Rally 2.0 hoping to run this on my PC but I find Im forced to install this on Steam and am now waiting 4 days for the game to install and work on Steam.

Whats wrong and why can't I install the game on my PC and run it from there?

Things not getting any better, I have uninstalled Dirt software and tried to re-install it but it failing to install because there is not enough disc space ( Steam says it needs 98942 Mb) how crazy is that.

Found the problem to this.  Steam is trying to download 94 GB of updates for this game - how crazy is that for a game that is advertised as requiring around 60 mb disk space.  Are Codemasters aware of the nonsense that Steam is bring to their game.

It's not Steam, it's the game. 

It's about 100GB now. All players download and install the entirety of its content regardless of what DLC they paid for. This is so direct online games don't segment the playerbase; if a host creates a Championship with DLC content, other players can still join and play on that content even if they don't own it. You can race other players in South Africa driving a 2019 RX car, for example, even if you purchased neither stage or vehicle.

8 hours ago, XenialJ said:

It's not Steam, it's the game. 

It's about 100GB now. All players download and install the entirety of its content regardless of what DLC they paid for. This is so direct online games don't segment the playerbase; if a host creates a Championship with DLC content, other players can still join and play on that content even if they don't own it. You can race other players in South Africa driving a 2019 RX car, for example, even if you purchased neither stage or vehicle.

Thanks for your feedback.

Is what you have said true for whichever platform I choose (xbox, PC, PS4)

I haven't played on the consoles but I'd assume it's true for all platforms.