Sign in to follow this  

Not On My Screen!

Just wondering how many experience this, we have some great bumper to bumper racing but every so often there is a moment where your opponent screams down the voice complaining of being rammed or pushed off and the "not on my screen" response.  Its like there is a momentary lag/de-sync that's not noticeable to the players other than there is contact on one where the other player has a good separation between cars. 

It's something we noticed with project cars 2, since you could save the replays on that we were able to compare car positions at the time of impact, with grid I recorded a race and saw no contact when there was a lot of rage from one racer.

"not on my screen" is something that affected autosport too but often just put down as an excuse for being a dirty bas!!! 😛

I don't usually play multiplayer, I prefer singleplayer (and I don't ever want to communicate with anyone ever. Partially because of social anxiety, partially because I don't think any random player will have anything good to say in my experience), but I've definitely noticed some kind of delay and things happening when they shouldn't have happened.

It's kinda common for me to overtake another player, and see them being knocked off-course or spin out because it's like the game thinks the cars collided, but I don't have any loss of control or even have any kind of vibration through the controller that would indicate any impact at all. So on my screen, I overtook them cleanly. On their screen, the rear end of my car must have pushed them aside and caused them to crash. I always feel bad, but there's nothing I can really do to stop it :/