Sign in to follow this  

Car is nervous in Spain

How can I avoid my car being skittish on the Spanish tarmac?

I'm in career, driving the Fiat 131.

I'm slowly getting used to the handling on gravel, but tarmac is infuriating me. 

I can't brake particularly hard without the car spinning or feeling nervous, I can't steer quickly without it feeling like it's about to break traction and if I go slowly I'm in the bottom part of the leaderboard.

I've lowered the ride heights, which helps a bit, but I can't push the car at all.

I really enjoyed the Germany stages on DR, but Spain seems so difficult.

Thanks.

Edited by WestHam66

Spain has the worst tracks in Dirt Rally 2.0 - may because they came from Dirt 4

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

How can I avoid my car being skittish on the Spanish tarmac?

I'm in career, driving the Fiat 131.

I'm slowly getting used to the handling on gravel, but tarmac is infuriating me. 

I can't brake particularly hard without the car spinning or feeling nervous, I can't steer quickly without it feeling like it's about to break traction and if I go slowly I'm in the bottom part of the leaderboard.

I've lowered the ride heights, which helps a bit, but I can't push the car at all.

I really enjoyed the Germany stages on DR, but Spain seems so difficult.

Thanks.

if you have a wheel lock effect? , decrease the ramp of decelerations( differential), and / or decrease (not too much because if you put a too short gearbox  you block the wheel too ) the difference gear per gear of your gearbox(transmissions)

, if you set this parameters correctly your motor  no have bad effect  when  you decelerate   , so no wheel locks, and no lose control too

Try harden the front suspensions (so the car doesnt dip down on the front too much during breaking and therefor looses traction at the rear), soften the rear antirollbar (so more energy can be stored into the shocks before loosing traction when turning), lock the break differential (this especially should help keep the car settled during breaking because the wheels arent allowed to rotate in different speeds while breaking so to get the rear around you have to atleast loose tiretraction instead of the differential allowing the process of turning the rear) or up the amount of rear camber ( so your tires have more traction while turning Therefor more turn in less drifting at higher speed) but try one at a time so you can feel the differences and then decide what should be done and what not.

I dont know wich options the fiat offers but at least some of them should be possible.

If im wrong, please correct me as im allways open to learn a thing about setups

Edited by Loeinc
  • Like 1