Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Petition to implement Cross Platform Compatibility in the F1 games.

Do you play the F1 games and would you like cross platform compatibility to be implemented into the game, then please sign and share this petition. Let's stand together as one big F1 community and let's break the barriers between PS4, PC and XBOX! Sign here, every signature brings us one step closer! : http://chng.it/zR2HqgTx

• Thanks 1

Just who do you intend to submit this to?Don't bother sending it to Codemasters as they already make the game for all 3 platforms.I'm sure that CM would make it possible for all 3 platforms to play together as that would help boost sales of their titles.However,until you get the console makers to allow it,it will never happen.The console makers look at it this way.Someone sees their friend playing a game on a console and wants to play against his friend online.As it is now,he will have no choice but to purchase THAT console to do so.This should result in more of THAT console being sold.If they could play against each other on different platforms then he could just buy the cheapest of the 2 and be good to go.That would then start a price war because they are effectively selling the same product with a different name.There would be no other reason to buy one over the other.This will cost both companies money.The number of people playing F1 XXXX will not be nearly enough incentive to get them to change their ways.You would have to get everyone,playing all titles,on all 3 platforms,to sign 1 big petition and send it to all 3 companies.I don't see that happening.So,in the mean time,just be glad that this game is available to be played on all 3 platforms and not exclusive to any 1 platform as many games are.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, EdwardoAndretti said:

Just who do you intend to submit this to?Don't bother sending it to Codemasters as they already make the game for all 3 platforms.I'm sure that CM would make it possible for all 3 platforms to play together as that would help boost sales of their titles.However,until you get the console makers to allow it,it will never happen.The console makers look at it this way.Someone sees their friend playing a game on a console and wants to play against his friend online.As it is now,he will have no choice but to purchase THAT console to do so.This should result in more of THAT console being sold.If they could play against each other on different platforms then he could just buy the cheapest of the 2 and be good to go.That would then start a price war because they are effectively selling the same product with a different name.There would be no other reason to buy one over the other.This will cost both companies money.The number of people playing F1 XXXX will not be nearly enough incentive to get them to change their ways.You would have to get everyone,playing all titles,on all 3 platforms,to sign 1 big petition and send it to all 3 companies.I don't see that happening.So,in the mean time,just be glad that this game is available to be played on all 3 platforms and not exclusive to any 1 platform as many games are.

But, Sony, Microsoft and even Nintendo are making efforts to combine cross-platform compatibility for titles and it would be up to developers to join the dots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_that_support_cross-platform_play

• Agree 3

I'd wonder how they would make the game cross platform. Either they'll switch Steamworks and PSN to Xbox Live (which would be a problem on PS4), or they'll create their own matchmaking servers that handles everything from friends to invites... as there is no way to communicate with other users that use a different platform...

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

I'd wonder how they would make the game cross platform. Either they'll switch Steamworks and PSN to Xbox Live (which would be a problem on PS4), or they'll create their own matchmaking servers that handles everything from friends to invites... as there is no way to communicate with other users that use a different platform...

It would probably be the 2nd option you mentioned, Rocket League, Modern Warfare have their own matchmaking system as well.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FOneFanatic said:

The game is playable now on PC, XB1 and PS4 - what are you talking about man?

But you can only play against people who are on the same platform,be it PC,XB or PS,as what you have.A PC player can't play against an XB or PS player when online.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 7:49 PM, EdwardoAndretti said:

But you can only play against people who are on the same platform,be it PC,XB or PS,as what you have.A PC player can't play against an XB or PS player when online.

Well then say just that!