Sign in to follow this  

dirt rally 3.0 ps5/xbox series x?

i hope the physic's would be over hauled and water physic's actually mean something again and not just a lazy/lame texture slapped on...the year is 2020 after all!!!! give us a real challenge :) ❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't see a DiRT Rally 3.0 or DiRT 5 coming before 2021, so this is too far away to think about it.

A year 2-pass + visual/performance-upgrade for the next gen consoles of DiRT Rally 2.0 would be perfect for me. Would even buy the game again for that.

2 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I don't see a DiRT Rally 3.0 or DiRT 5 coming before 2021, so this is too far away to think about it.

A year 2-pass + visual/performance-upgrade for the next gen consoles of DiRT Rally 2.0 would be perfect for me. Would even buy the game again for that.

Yeah, some hyper edition would be great. With a steelbook and book for me!

The only problem is with the backward compatibility, we will have it. Every "new" edition could anger many old buyers. I don't care because I have several games for all consoles and PC. I have two different Motorsport 7 editions. If it's shiny I need to have it!

On 1/14/2020 at 12:23 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Yes but supposing that 'DiRT Rally 2.0' was released about 3 years after 'DiRT Rally 1' and was in the development since the beginning of 2018 (if I am not wrong but definitely they have already announced this game then), we might expect an announcement and the beginning of the development of 'DiRT Rally 3' sooner than some players think. As I said last year, I would prefer they started making next sequel, from the very beginning than endlessly stretching DR2.0 loading it by newer and newer content. Or copied from DR1! Even now the game is ridiculously huge and extremely expensive. I cannot see any chance of adding more DLCs, especially because it seems that it is easier for them to add Rallycross content than Rally content and much more players are interested in Rally content. I suppose that even not everyone bought full 4 Seasons. 

4 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Yes but supposing that 'DiRT Rally 2.0' was released about 3 years after 'DiRT Rally 1' and was in the development since the beginning of 2018 (if I am not wrong but definitely they have already announced this game then), we might expect an announcement and the beginning of the development of 'DiRT Rally 3' sooner than some players think. As I said last year, I would prefer they started making next sequel, from the very beginning than endlessly stretching DR2.0 loading it by newer and newer content. Or copied from DR1! Even now the game is ridiculously huge and extremely expensive. I cannot see any chance of adding more DLCs, especially because it seems that it is easier for them to add Rallycross content than Rally content and much more players are interested in Rally content. I suppose that even not everyone bought full 4 Seasons. 

Thing is that DR2.0 was CM's first real attempt at more of a "service" style product than a standalone game - it's the first time they planned on continued content support, so I don't think we can use the old games' timelines too much. We definitely could use an engine overhaul to finally start getting some epic length stages, but what I'd really keep my eye on is that SMS purchase. CM just brought in some BIG names with that purchase, the perfect kind of talent to set on an overhaul project for the engine. Those are not quick projects, but they are vital to enhancing the long term vision.

A service model with continued support for 2.0 that helps stretch the life of the game another year or so could give the overhaul team the breathing room they need to get the engine up to spec for DR3. My personal guess would be expect something more around late 2021, and probably more like 2022 but with HUGE gains in tarmac performance and stage lengths.

Dear Codemaster

J beg you in the next dirt rally 3.0 to put real names drivers it is boring to drive against Acevedo  Campbell  Rizzi  Hall etc.....

Or at least give the possibility to change these names with a gane option.