Sign in to follow this  

Patch 1.12

Thought it was dropping today? Message on racenet said disruption between 10am and 11. Still on 1.11.

55 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

Thought it was dropping today? Message on racenet said disruption between 10am and 11. Still on 1.11.

it was just server maintenance or something. the 1.12 update comes in a week or two (or three? I don't remember)

On 1/14/2020 at 8:41 PM, PJTierney said:

Server maintenance was today (it was all Codemasters games and sites).

Version 1.12 is next week I believe. Patch Notes are nearly done and we'll share those in a few days hopefully 🙂 

Hi. Before you release this patch, could you fix some problem, which appears in Freeplay/Custom? I explain.

While choosing 'Random Event' or 'Random Championship', rally events are randomised in some specific way. Times of day are in 'logical order' somehow, I mean it is like for example Daytime, Sunset, Night. The next thing, which is actually worse from the previous one, is that some stages are selected twice. I don't know whether it is because of some of the latest patches but it used to work better.

I know that it is not so important to everyone but I believe I am not the only one, who spends at least some time playing alone in 'Freeplay/Custom'.

Unless it's already in 1.12 (which was locked down a few weeks ago and going through testing/compliance), it's not going to make in in until 1.13 at the very earliest.

• Like 1

Nice to read that there will come a 1.13 - so the support is still alive 👍👍

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Flens07 said:

I hope the support will go on well into the year, because there are still quite many things to fix.

But that doesn't mean I don't see any progress made in the past year, many things got fixed or got improved, so good job there :classic_cool:

On 1/19/2020 at 9:49 AM, Flens07 said:

I daresay we can expect continued support until at least "Something is Coming" has arrived? 

Rain at Finland, nice :classic_cool:

"Adjusted behaviour of windscreen wipers to reduce usage in dry conditions.

Adjusted visual effects of windscreens when driving through water splashes."

Is there also visual effect to windscreen at dry when you turned wipers off?
Because at area where wipers would move, windscreen don´t get dirty.
But thanks you made something to those wipers...once again, it would be great if you could turn wipers off and lights on/off before stage starts.

43 minutes ago, MJV1973 said:

Adjusted behaviour of windscreen wipers to reduce usage in dry conditions.

This (I believe) stops them from randomly going off in the dry.

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

This (I believe) stops them from randomly going off in the dry.

Hmm...maby randomly on, when you selected auto wipers off from options.
At least with my car auto wipers recognize drizzle but never go on at dry weather no matter dust or not.

Super happy the 2019 Rx cars snd locations have been added in World Rallycross championship. Been waiting for that for a while. 

Also, re: the wipers. These are supposed to go off in the dry to wipe the dirt away, right? So you can see properly. Have people been complaining about the wipers going off in the dry? One of the things I really like is the fact that they DO go off automatically in the dry. WRC8 doesn't have an option for auto wipers and it's such a pain in the ass to manually turn them on all the time to wipe the dirt off the wibdscreen in the dry if you use an interior view like i do. 

38 minutes ago, Tranzitive said:

the wipers. These are supposed to go off in the dry to wipe the dirt away, right? So you can see properly. Have people been complaining about the wipers going off in the dry? One of the things I really like is the fact that they DO go off automatically in the dry. WRC8 doesn't have an option for auto wipers and it's such a pain in the ass to manually turn them on all the time to wipe the dirt off the wibdscreen in the dry if you use an interior view like i do. 

With WRC8 windsceen get dirty at dry but at DR2.0 only area where wipers do not affect.
Turn wipers manually off at start of stage and look how your windsceen looks before you cross the finish line of stage...

• Agree 1