How do you repair cars in Grid 2019? Remove scratches?

Just got the game and am half way through career mode but wondering how do you remove the damage on your car? Is it possible? Ive looked everywhere in options and menues and it bugs me before every race my car has bumps and scratches and dirts. 

I'm afraid that those ugly scratched and dirty cars are 'artistic choice', there's no way to clean your car, ever.

Though, selling the car and buying it again MIGHT do the trick (never tested this), but it will work for one race only 🙂

I just hope that @ChrisGrovesMCM will finally raise that issue with the team, because NOONE likes that 'artistic choice'.

Because right now, there's no point in spending your time painting your cars... and then finding out that during the race, they look like trash anyway.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Exactly. I drive by Ford Mustang Mach 1 most often, my most favourite one, and it is scratched ALL THE TIME. No way to repaint it in the game. Such beautiful classic muscle car should have got beautiful painting. Look at this. How does it look like???

20191029181357_1.thumb.jpg.4d4ff4f924c194ebb4bb2de45f239582.jpg20191103182242_1.thumb.jpg.e7d6127f20688b8fe9be586cb23aa0cf.jpg

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy
  • Agree 1

Yeah its horrible and the excuse that cars should look worn after being raced several times is nonsense, what racing team puts cars on the grid that are not spotless, showing the team and sponsors at its best.

• Agree 3

31 minutes ago, GavinMac said:

Yeah its horrible and the excuse that cars should look worn after being raced several times is nonsense, what racing team puts cars on the grid that are not spotless, showing the team and sponsors at its best.

Grid team...

• Haha 6
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Leo Natan said:

It was confirmed as "artistic choice" by Chris.

Very bad idea i can say.. Was not anyone to stop this decision.. Really this thing destroys screens you can get in replays... There must be wash choice or something...

• Agree 2

I dont know if this is a definitive thing, but a few times Ive noticed changing the livery type (e.g. motorsport, custom, etc.) seems to temporarily fix the scratches on the cars.

i wonder how long you need to drive for it to look like TOTAL garbage, there should be an achievement for that 🤢🤮

Car should just reset their state at the beginning of EVERY race, and then gradually become dirty and scratched while you're racing.

Every race should start with car in mint condition.

This was a normal thing in G2 and G:AS and I have no idea why they changed it to this thing that we have now.

No 'wash' button is needed. Just automate the thing and le me finally enjoy those liveries I created.

• Agree 4

Definitely agree with all your comments guys. Probably some of you remember the 'wash car' option from 'Racedriver GRID', which allowed us to wash (or rather repaint) our car. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Very surprised Grid team didnt patch this so far its been out long enough design choice by them is more like lazy or ooops we forgot and had no idea this happened and dont want to spend time to fix it. I know an update is due out soon for season 2 I can only hope this is fixed just like they promised to fix the change your car number bug

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, XHunter22 said:

Very surprised Grid team didnt patch this so far its been out long enough design choice by them is more like lazy or ooops we forgot and had no idea this happened and dont want to spend time to fix it. I know an update is due out soon for season 2 I can only hope this is fixed just like they promised to fix the change your car number bug

I can't be bothered with some 'wash' option.

RACEDRIVER:GRID wash option was a total chore, requiring you to waste time going to some menu ane pressing some wash buttons and then going back again.

G2 and G:AS did it correctly and washed your car before every single race automatically.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, painisawarning said:

I have no idea why they changed it to this thing that we have now

Blind copying of original GRID features

@ChrisGrovesMCM regarding this, which many people considers it an issue (I can live with it, personally), what about adding a car repair/wash option? So maybe using some ingame money you can restore your liveries to pristine condition? 

Just an idea 🙂

• Agree 1

Completely agree, should be an option to restore the car. As someone said before, what professional race team brings a banged up car to the track, they even polish it between sessions!

• Agree 1

On 1/17/2020 at 6:37 PM, Leocp said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM regarding this, which many people considers it an issue (I can live with it, personally), what about adding a car repair/wash option? So maybe using some ingame money you can restore your liveries to pristine condition? 

Just an idea 🙂

PLEASE DO THIS. Whoever the "Artist" is, they are clearly blind. 

Just copy the system from G2 or GAS... cars automatically start any race in mint condition, why would you force me to clean the car manually every time?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Reading this topic I feel quite alone, because I don't mind my car keeping the scratches and the dirt over the next race. I am well aware it goes against any racing / sponsoring principle, but it's like I've come a long way with the car and this is kind of all the memories attached to it.

I'm wondering how far will the car turn into the color of the filter of an industrial hoover.

But the car is alive ! And as for us, life lays scars and we keep them.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Jo-La-Mouche said:

Reading this topic I feel quite alone, because I don't mind my car keeping the scratches and the dirt over the next race. I am well aware it goes against any racing / sponsoring principle, but it's like I've come a long way with the car and this is kind of all the memories attached to it.

I'm wondering how far will the car turn into the color of the filter of an industrial hoover.

But the car is alive ! And as for us, life lays scars and we keep them.

I don't think it works that way.

Cars don't seem to accumulate dirt and damage.

They reach 'trashed' look in 1 or 2 races, and then stay like that forever.

So after your car is clean, it will get dirty within 1 event, and you will be happy again.

There's no 'history' here. 

If you like your scratches, then you'll have them back after the 1st or 2nd turn of any race 🙂

• Agree 1