Sign in to follow this  

[PC]- Performance with Keyboard

Hi Barry I have a problem with Wet weather in the when I tried to stop before turning in to the corner and just am slinding of the track while am turning and ending off the track beacuse I tried brake earlier but still cant make the corner right am using all assits and keyboard also its happening to me since when I got the game I cant do race in Career or practice or qualiyfing and I dont know why its happening to me

16 hours ago, zoltan1996 said:

Hi Barry I have a problem with Wet weather in the when I tried to stop before turning in to the corner and just am slinding of the track while am turning and ending off the track beacuse I tried brake earlier but still cant make the corner right am using all assits and keyboard also its happening to me since when I got the game I cant do race in Career or practice or qualiyfing and I dont know why its happening to me 

Hi Zoltan,

Kudos to going with the keyboard, I'm pretty confident I wouldn't survive Lap 1!

To answer your question, although keyboard is supported, its not the most ideal method of playing the game. You say you are running all assists. Remember that braking assist is exactly that, and you may need to practice to get that part of the game just right, especially in the wet. Also, even though the racing line is a great yardstick for the track, wet weather transforms the track. Braking smoothly early and focusing on your exit will come from practice.  

In terms of recommendations, maybe a gamepad would be your next step (I get that a wheel can be expensive). Maybe if you have a PS4 or an Xbox controller around, it would probably improve your experience. If not, practice. I reckon it would take me months to be able to play the game on a keyboard!

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi Zoltan,

Kudos to going with the keyboard, I'm pretty confident I wouldn't survive Lap 1!

To answer your question, although keyboard is supported, its not the most ideal method of playing the game. You say you are running all assists. Remember that braking assist is exactly that, and you may need to practice to get that part of the game just right, especially in the wet. Also, even though the racing line is a great yardstick for the track, wet weather transforms the track. Braking smoothly early and focusing on your exit will come from practice.  

In terms of recommendations, maybe a gamepad would be your next step (I get that a wheel can be expensive). Maybe if you have a PS4 or an Xbox controller around, it would probably improve your experience. If not, practice. I reckon it would take me months to be able to play the game on a keyboard!

Barry answer to your question I cant drive with wheel or controller any f1 game am playing f1 game ten years now with keyboard but its just happening to me in f1 2019 am unnable to drive around the track in the Wet for some reason I can drive in the dry but Wet I cant drive already player 124 hrs in game but still just in the Wet I ending up in the gravel or the barrier or in to other cars in wet condition

Hi Zoltan,

Could you let me know a full level of the assists you run? Pause the game, and take a screenshot of your assists settings please. Just so I can see what position you are in and offer you any possible recommendations?

Also, could you send a video as well of any incidents too

10 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi Zoltan,

Could you let me know a full level of the assists you run? Pause the game, and take a screenshot of your assists settings please. Just so I can see what position you are in and offer you any possible recommendations?

Also, could you send a video as well of any incidents too

Am playing with full braking assits full traction control and automatic gear selection am not using wheel calibration or forcefeedback

Edited by zoltan1996

Hi Zoltan,

A video of your experience would be much appreciated.

Also, filling out the below will help me with all the information I need. It also helps our testers replicate any potential issues:

A short description of the problem:

Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam):

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for your feedback on this.

Just to make you aware, the 'braking assist' does not do all the braking for you, and the racing line is the recommended racing line. If the weather has changed, you may need to override the braking assist and take control of this to make sure you make the corner. Also, from your video, I'd recommend using the racing line to be in the right position to stop at the right time.

I've just drove in full wets on keyboard, with your copied assists, and I had to use the brake manually alongside the assist. Once I started to do this, the game behaved as expected.

May be the Setup Guide here may be useful for you too.

Hi Zoltan,

Yeah, it seems like, from my perspective, you've simply been braking too late for that corner. Remember, the racing line is based on the track being dry, so you have to alter your braking points drastically in the wet.

I'll tried brake earlier but that's not helping for me some reason still overshoot the corner

From the videos sent @zoltan1996, it does seem like you are braking quite late even if it was dry. Try braking just before the yellow on corners in the wet. In terms of this being a bug, I have tested this in Intermediate and Wet conditions with a keyboard (and your settings) , and the game behaved as expected. 

for me not behaved as expected am tried to brake when I see yellow mark but still overshoot the corner I don't know why it's happening just to me not anybody as well and its not happening to me in f1 2018 am not overshooting the corners in f1 2018 wet weather

Edited by zoltan1996

On 1/18/2020 at 5:59 AM, zoltan1996 said:

for me not behaved as expected am tried to brake when I see yellow mark but still overshoot the corner I don't know why it's happening just to me not anybody as well and its not happening to me in f1 2018 am not overshooting the corners in f1 2018 wet weather

Hi @zoltan1996,

Yellow is a little too late in the wet. You want to be braking just before the yellow. Try using Time Trial in the wet as a benchmark and find a braking point with the racing line. If you are using yellow in the dry, you will have to brake earlier in the wet

Am not just struggling in wet with braking assists also in the dry track braking is unrealistic in f1 2019 please look at this problem

platform pc

version 1.20

mode career

braking high

IMG_20200131_084727.jpg

39 minutes ago, zoltan1996 said:

Am not just struggling in wet with braking assists also in the dry track braking is unrealistic in f1 2019 please look at this problem

platform pc

version 1.20

mode career

braking high

IMG_20200131_084727.jpg

Turn off the braking assist and learn to brake at the right point. The assists feel unnatural and actually (correctly) slow you down.

Or are people seriously expecting to mash the throttle and have the car go around on rails?

I've merged these 2 threads as they are around the same topic, by the same user.

@zoltan1996, I'd recommend turning off the braking assist, or dropping it to low at least, to let the game feel more responsive to you. It's unrealistic on your current settings because braking assist would not be a part of the car in real life.

I'm also going to move this to 'General Discussion' as this is not a game performance related issue

@BarryBL. After reading all your comments in this thread you deserve a promotion, a medal or at least a free cup of coffee! Well done sir! I hope the OP appreciates the helpful and patient support too!

💐🎊😎

• Like 1