DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 [Xbox One] Displaying wrong tyres on other cars

@BarryBL

whilst doing a league race last Friday I noticed that the two cars in front of me (they were on Hard tyres, myself on Mediums), that it showed Soft tyres on their cars on my screen, even though on the top left it said Hard tyres. Unfortunately, I don´t have a good clip of where you can see the wrong tyres during the race, as it was a league race and I was too busy racing. What I have tho is a clip, where you can see it says Hard tyres on the top left. Other than I also have a screenshot from the highlight reel where you can see the Haas on Soft tyres (also included the "Change tyre" setting to prove I left it on none :D) and yes, this is from after the pit stop.

Note: This happened after the first round of pit stops for all three of us. All of us started the race on the Soft tyre, I changed onto the Mediums, the two leaders onto the Hard tyre.

Description of the problem: The wrong tyres were being displayed on the car in front of me (during race as well as in Replay mode)

Platform: Xbox One

Game version: 1.18

Game mode: Multiplayer - Unranked

Players: 14 players + 0 AI

Lead up: All 3 of us started on Softs, the two guys in front of me changed onto the Hard tyres during the first pit stop.

Error code: None

Accessoires: Xbox One Controller

Screenshot and clip included below:

15.01.2020_21-09-29-3ljsbdm3.png

So, went into the Highlight reel again to make a clip where you can see everything a bit clearer:

The Mercedes on the Mediums is me, the other two are the cars in front of me. You can see in the clip below that Softs are shown for both of them, Mediums for me.

But you can also see how the tyres seem to be flickering between Softs and Hards, which I also experienced whilst driving the actual race, which seems like a very weird thing to happen. 

Clip down below:

Hi @ReimvomSchleim,

Thanks for the report. 

I've passed this onto testing and had the following feedback from them:

1.  Were you the host of the event?
  2.  Do you know if other people in the session saw it at all.
  3.  Are you running on Version 1.18.2 (I'm guessing so)

From the initial reports, it has been very rarely reported before. As an 'odd' question, did you transition from wet to dry in this race at all. It looks pretty overcast there and I just want to check as there has been reports of this occurring before in changeable conditions. 

We have had multiple instance in our Online League Races where the Wrong Tyres are displayed from a Spectator perspective after a Pit Stop.

We have come to realise that the Overlay screen indicating the Tyres , is the correct one and not the actual view on screen.

We have even had instances where two different compounds are shown on the same car whilst driving , but like mentioned before , after asking afterwards realised that the tyres shown on the side overlay is the only correct one.

Hi @BarryBL,

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, I created this Unranked lobby.

2. Can't tell you unfortunately.

3. No, as I'm playing on Xbox One it's version 1.18 only

4. Yes, we had a transition from dry to wet (about last 7-8 laps) but the issue occured from the start of the stint onwards😅

Perfect, thanks.

I've already mentioned it to the developers and I'll await their response. Hope to have something on this soon 👍

• Thanks 1

HI @ReimvomSchleim,

I've spoke to the development team on this, and we've struggled to re-create the issue while under racing conditions. If you have any videos of this (I understand it can be difficult) and the exact steps you take should you achieve this again, that would be really appreciated.

The photo mode however, is something we have seen and been able to re-produce. They have taken it into consideration for improvements in the future. I think it will be something added for future titles, and is not on the immediate path for 2019.

Thanks again for your report 🙂 

• Like 1

Hi again @BarryBL, one thing I just realized is that in that lobby, the weather was set to custom (because we restarted the lobby) so that might have played a role as well 🙂

Hi Barry

Is this format Better :

Description of the problem: The wrong tyres were being displayed on the cars whilst spectating the Race

Platform: Playstation

Game version: Latest

Game mode: Multiplayer - Unranked

Players: 20 players

Lead up: Nothing specific , race is normal, people head into the pits and sometimes different tyres are on the Cars vs what the overlay is saying.

Error code: None

Accessoires: None

Weather is set on Custom, Race Start Time is Official.

Hi There

Sorry I made a Mistake in my Summary , the weather is actually set on Random , and NOT Custom.

I have a Youtube channel full of 3 x Seasons worth of videos of our Mid Week Racing League, I`m not going to sift through all of them to try and get to the footage.

What I will do is when we restart our League tommorow evening , when we see it happening I will come here and give you the link to the video.

I will ask around on our groups about if it only happens when spectating , from my experience I would say yes , but not 100 % sure on that.

Hi @BarryBL

The first slot was slightly cloudy, the second slot was cloudy and the third slot was light rain.

(My game is on German so excuse me if it's called a bit different in game than I wrote)

• Thanks 1

HI @ReimvomSchleim,

It is something we've managed to replicate, but only in photo mode. In terms of the in-game action, we have not been able to reproduce.

It is currently with the developers for consideration. Thanks again for your feedback on this issue.

• Thanks 1

This has been an issue for multiple years. I have a video from F1 2016 showing it, but I assume there's no point in sharing it now.