Hello everyone, time to go on a journey¬†ūüôā¬† ¬† I've been a pad player in racing games ever since I started playing back in the 1990s, and I've gotten quite decent at it; never quite esports ready but good enough to set the occasionally solid Leaderboard time. In 2019 I decided to move away from a long-serving¬†job in trading card games to pursue a career in motorsport. I'll never be a professional racing driver (I'm far too old to start) but I do want to get better at sim racing and, although I'm strong on a pad, take on a tougher challenge... ¬† ¬† ...this is that tougher challenge. ¬† Outside of a few 10 minute sessions on office rigs I have never used a wheel before. ¬† In this thread I'll post updates as I play with the rig¬†throughout 2020. A busy job plus other personal ambitions means I won't be playing every day, but over time I do plan to improve and get to a point where I am competitive. ¬† In the interest of setting some goals for the year, here's where I'd like to end up: COMPLETE - Day 34¬†- Win a DiRT Rally 2.0 Career Rally Championship at Masters Difficulty NOT COMPLETE¬†- Win a DiRT Rally 2.0¬†Career Rallycross Championship at Masters Difficulty* COMPLETE - Day 13 - Set a DiRT Rally 2.0¬†Time Trial rally time that I cannot beat on a pad. ¬† * I abandoned this once the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack was released, and instead focused on completing all of the Scenarios on Very Hard difficulty, which I managed to do.¬† ¬† Let's see how I get on. ¬† ----- ¬† For those curious, this is the rig. It's pricey but I was fortunate enough to get a few discounts shortly after joining Codemasters. Playseat Sensation Pro Black / Cockpit Fanatec CSL Elite / Wheel Base Fanatec ClubSport Formula V2 / Wheel Rim Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC / Pedals Sparco Hypergrip / Gloves Logitech G433 / Headset Samsung UE43RU7100K / Monitor ¬† I'm playing¬†DiRT¬†Rally 2.0¬†on Xbox One X though the rig is set up to be compatible on PlayStation 4 and PC as well, and I eventually plan to play various circuit racing games (hence why I opted for the Formula rim). I'm using a 2 pedal setup, having removed the clutch. ¬†