Thank you for listen to us (multiplayer)

The mulitplayer Update with the custom Lobbys with no AI online is amazing and makes a lot of fun thank you to listen to us Codemasters ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Thanks! For anyone using Session Search, keep sending over your feedback so we can assess its performance ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thanks! For anyone using Session Search, keep sending over your feedback so we can assess its performance ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, great update overall. Thanks!ย 

Is there a possibility to add something like daily/weekly challenges to the online mode?

• Like 2

Playing from the UK at roughly 23:30pm on a Friday night, only one session showed up in session search. I was really tired, so I only did four tracks before quitting, but there were 14 players in the session when I joined, and that's more players in one session than I have seen in any one session since launch (caveat: I haven't played since before the launch of the first DLC).ย 

This is what I want from Grid multiplayer. Yes, I am terrible at Grid games, and always have been, but I still want to race against a full grid of human players. This is better, and I hope it's not too late to salvage a regular playing community.ย 

Edited by BadgersAreFun

Thanks CM I've been having some great races and the session search is exactly what I wanted. This game is now awesomeย  #NUMBER1#ย 

• Agree 1

Should have been like this from day 0.

CM could have avoided all of this if some one was using their passion for racing instead of passion for $$$.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

14 hours ago, Leocp said:

Is there a possibility to add something like daily/weekly challenges to the online mode?

That would be great, i enjoyed that so much in the older Grids and Dirt games

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 11:30 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM The Multiplayer is so cool ๐Ÿ™‚ There are every day more and more Players since the Multiplayer Update, yesterday at the evening there were 5 lobbies with 8 to 16 players each lobby on the xbox one, good job ๐Ÿ™‚ AI makes more fun on singleplayer and on multiplayer real humans ๐Ÿ˜„ If you fix the AI and make them faster in the future, this game will be amazing ๐Ÿ™‚ Because it will have a amazing single and Multiplayer ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by Katzenkralle91
  • Disagree 2

On 1/19/2020 at 9:58 AM, Katzenkralle91 said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM The Multiplayer is so cool ๐Ÿ™‚ There are every day more and more Players since the Multiplayer Update, yesterday at the evening there were 5 lobbies with 8 to 16 players each lobby on the xbox one, good job ๐Ÿ™‚ AI makes more fun on singleplayer and on multiplayer real humans ๐Ÿ˜„ If you fix the AI and make them faster in the future, this game will be amazing ๐Ÿ™‚ Because it will have a amazing single and Multiplayer ๐Ÿ™‚

Not sure what time you played but I was racing for around 4 hours on Saturday night and during that time there were four lobbies and a combined community of between 10 (min) and 20 (max) racers. The most populated being that of 'Lightfoot' which contained anything upto 12 racers.ย 

Also, the new lobby system is a bit glitchy. If you join mid race and spectate then using the legend (press 'x' and D-PAD up/down to switch between racers) will eventually replace racer names with AI 1, AI 2, AI 3 (and so forth) and display cars driving incredibly slowly or just sitting idle. Player lap times also vanish (except for last place showing a huge time). If this happens then the end podium shows nameless drivers with empty times followed by a timeout error and lobby kick.

There's another (very frequent) issue during the race where for no reason whatsoever you lose connection to xbox live services. Highly frustrating because not only will it empty a lobby (bar the host) it won't let you rejoin (lobby full or unavailable) and on occasion will just display a generic "no sessions available" message when searching, with the latter resulting in having to shut down the game and restart to get things up and running again.

Racing itself is largely ok with little or no lag. An interesting stat: As I said, I played for around 4 hours and during the whole of that time the only real world circuit selected by the hosts was Brands Hatch (three times), with the rest being completely overlooked in favour of the street circuits. I've always believed that, because of the design and direction the game has taken, Grid's strengths lie in the 'argy-bargy' environment of city circuits and street cars (everything just feels more natural) and judging by the decisions of last night's hosts I appear not to be alone with those beliefs.ย 

But the 'biggie' for me (and probably the sole reason I won't be bothering with it again) is that with such small grid sizes and varying skill levels the race spreads out very quickly and in longer races it's not uncommon to spend the majority of time battling a single player or simply racing on your own. It's just not very interesting. ย 

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Am also interested in real time multiplayer a lot. Is it working with Xbox pass PC ? my version is 1.11.1 will it need an update?

Are you talking finding a game at custom championships? cause i went there and there wasnt any sessions ๐Ÿ˜ž

Any help would be much appreciated. And thanks to the dev team

Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Edited by keepgoin81

2 hours ago, keepgoin81 said:

Am also interested in real time multiplayer a lot. Is it working with Xbox pass PC ? my version is 1.11.1 will it need an update?

Are you talking finding a game at custom championships? cause i went there and there wasnt any sessions ๐Ÿ˜ž

Any help would be much appreciated. And thanks to the dev team

Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Yes, custom events. It may be different on PC and PS4 but on XB1 (due to it's low userbase) finding an active session is highly dependant on the time of day / day of the week you're searching. The other thing is if Grid is region locked when searching (a point that I don't think has been clarified by Codemasters) then it could just as easily be the case that hundreds are playing the game in (example) America but you don't get to see those lobbies because you're in Europe. I guess it makes sense having region only searches to minimise potential network issues, but in saying that I play NASCAR online on predominantly American servers and if there are under 20 (of the permitted 40) in the lobby then it is sometimes possible to have lag-free racing. Granted, it's usually quite shocking....but not always.

Grid (XB1) is currently V1.3.11 but if Dirt Rally is anything to go by then that really doesn't mean anything because version numbers differed from platform to platform - but either way it probably makes sense to check and make sure you're running the current version of the game.

• Agree 2

Thanks for the answer

I ll give it a go through vpn to see if i see different sessions

From what i read it is crossplatform i guess..

I ll give it a try the next days.ย 

If anyone else has xb game pass (windows) please white your version here

Thanks

6 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Not sure what time you played but I was racing for around 4 hours on Saturday night and during that time there were four lobbies and a combined community of between 10 (min) and 20 (max) racers. The most populated being that of 'Lightfoot' which contained anything upto 12 racers.ย 

Also, the new lobby system is a bit glitchy. If you join mid race and spectate then using the legend (press 'x' and D-PAD up/down to switch between racers) will eventually replace racer names with AI 1, AI 2, AI 3 (and so forth) and display cars driving incredibly slowly or just sitting idle. Player lap times also vanish (except for last place showing a huge time). If this happens then the end podium shows nameless drivers with empty times followed by a timeout error and lobby kick.

There's another (very frequent) issue during the race where for no reason whatsoever you lose connection to xbox live services. Highly frustrating because not only will it empty a lobby (bar the host) it won't let you rejoin (lobby full or unavailable) and on occasion will just display a generic "no sessions available" message when searching, with the latter resulting in having to shut down the game and restart to get things up and running again.

Racing itself is largely ok with little or no lag. An interesting stat: As I said, I played for around 4 hours and during the whole of that time the only real world circuit selected by the hosts was Brands Hatch (three times), with the rest being completely overlooked in favour of the street circuits. I've always believed that, because of the design and direction the game has taken, Grid's strengths lie in the 'argy-bargy' environment of city circuits and street cars (everything just feels more natural) and judging by the decisions of last night's hosts I appear not to be alone with those beliefs.ย 

But the 'biggie' for me (and probably the sole reason I won't be bothering with it again) is that with such small grid sizes and varying skill levels the race spreads out very quickly and in longer races it's not uncommon to spend the majority of time battling a single player or simply racing on your own. It's just not very interesting. ย  ๏ปฟ

Sorry but I have to disagree with you. I never saw these issues you said, I played about 6 hours in the weekend and everything was fine, I never had a problem with disconnecting from the xbox because from the game, maybe it is you internet connection, the only issue I found was the low sound bug if you are back in the lobby with the players. They made a great job with this game ๐Ÿ˜‰

16 hours ago, keepgoin81 said:

Thanks for the answer

I ll give it a go through vpn to see if i see different sessions

From what i read it is crossplatform i guess..

I ll give it a try the next days.ย 

If anyone else has xb game pass (windows) please white your version here

Thanks

what are you talking about ?ย  i have both sbox & PC game pass, i don't see a version # anywhere for PC.ย 

if you mean the game grid for PC i also am not sure where to find it, i got mine on Steam.

22 hours ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

Sorry but I have to disagree with you. I never saw these issues you said, I played about 6 hours in the weekend and everything was fine, I never had a problem with disconnecting from the xbox because from the game, maybe it is you internet connection, the only issue I found was the low sound bug if you are back in the lobby with the players. They made a great job with this game ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don't think my internet connection would have emptied an entire lobby (which is exactly what was happening) and besides which, even though the game said I had lost connection to XBL services I was still connected to XBL. Anyhows, my son played for a little while last night without any issues so maybe it was just unfortunate circumstances on my part or an issue on Microsoft's side. That I have no idea of and all I can do is report back as to what happened to me personally.

ย 

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

3 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

what are you talking about ?ย  i have both sbox & PC game pass, i don't see a version # anywhere for PC.ย 

if you mean the game grid for PC i also am not sure where to find it, i got mine on Steam.

I think he might be referring to Dirt Rally 2.0 (v1.11.1 rings a bell).

Grid 2019....Dirt Rally 2.0... A simple mistake between two similarly sounding games ๐Ÿ™ƒ

• Like 1

On โ€Ž1โ€Ž/โ€Ž17โ€Ž/โ€Ž2020 at 6:32 PM, Leocp said:

No plans for this, that I know of, at this point in time. If that changes, I'll let you know ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

• Thanks 2

Hi Chris, are there any plans to add any more acheivements/trophies to Grid?

On 1/21/2020 at 12:54 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

No plans for this, that I know of, at this point in time. If that changes, I'll let you know ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

I see. Thanks for letting us know!ย 

Time to create a topic doing a petition about that, to see if it gets considered then ๐Ÿ˜‹