Sign in to follow this  

F1 2020 ON NEXT-GEN CONSOLES

F1 2020 Can Be An Epic Game With A Few Additions Of Course And With XBOX And Playstation 5 Coming Out Later In The Year Will F1 Be On Them? And Will Graphics Improve? I Hope So.

The game should be out months before the new consoles, so I wouldn't expect any next-gen specific features. It will, I'm sure, be playable on the new consoles via backwards compatibility.

• Agree 1

The next big piece of technology coming to the next gen consoles is called Ray Tracing and its advent is definitely going to  revolutionize computer graphic rendering in a huge way. Rumor has it that Xbox Scarlett will feature dedicated hardware to handle Ray Tracing.  But don't expect to see any of this technology in 2020 with the release dates of the next gen consoles scheduled for late this year.  But we'll sure experiencing this new heights of graphics programming with the next next major regulation change scheduled for 2021 - new regulations, new console technologies!

https://wccftech.com/xbox-scarlett-dedicated-ray-tracing-cores/

On 1/20/2020 at 1:29 AM, Jsd97 said:

Think it’ll be F1 2014 all over again 

I hope no, that was the worse game of the saga...

• Agree 1

On 1/19/2020 at 8:24 PM, SamReaN said:

F1 2020 Can Be An Epic Game With A Few Additions Of Course And With XBOX And Playstation 5 Coming Out Later In The Year Will F1 Be On Them? And Will Graphics Improve? I Hope So.

You've not been around long, have you?

• Haha 1

I meant as in F1 2014 was hyped to be on Xbox 1 & PS4 then they released it on old gen 

All I can say is I can't see my self buying this year version if it anything like it is now.

Infact I will save my money & play longer lasting games like GT & PC2, these are money value & longer lasting.

If Cm don't cut the game price for yearly games it will loose out in the end.

That's my view

On 1/20/2020 at 1:40 AM, scottishwildcat said:

The game should be out months before the new consoles, so I wouldn't expect any next-gen specific features. It will, I'm sure, be playable on the new consoles via backwards compatibility.

I don't expect 2020 to come out on he PS5/Xbox current gen yes not next gen having said that though I believe both consoles will have backwards compatibility as you rightly said according to what I've heard with current gen so the PS4/XB1 copy should work on the new consoles and may perform better on them. Whether you can play PS3 and earlier gens is still debateable so whilst I believe Microsoft have confirmed that both 360 and original Xbox as well as XB1 will work on the new one as far as I know Sony have only confirmed PS4 compatibility not the earlier gens as yet.

On 1/20/2020 at 12:29 AM, Jsd97 said:

Think it’ll be F1 2014 all over again 

I doubt that because of the backwards compatibility it should help give Codies more time to adapt if they need it. I don't think they'll be making the 2015 mistake again as I think the thing that held them back was the fact that PS4 and XB1 weren't backwards compatible at the time whereas the new systems will be so they can already just keep continuing to build on what they already have. Or at least they should be able to do.

• Agree 1

F1 2020 won't release on the next gen already. It will take a year or 2 to make a game which is compatible with PS5 and Xbox X series with their supplies

Finally, this console will be able to play VR seamlessly.There is no excuse this time

On 2/3/2020 at 10:35 PM, IvanoZ023 said:

Finally, this console will be able to play VR seamlessly.There is no excuse this time

That depends on whether CMK feel the need to do that.

2021 major rule change 2020 almost no rule change. Except for a few added features maybe, no one should expect much from F1 2020. In my opinion it should just be an update, and CM should concentrate on improving 2021. It makes no sense to waste resources on 2020 except for added tracks and updated performance models. Make 2021 take full advantage of the next gen consoles.

Edited by pbrstreetgangkt
Add
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2020 at 10:35 PM, IvanoZ023 said:

Xbox has said no VR support on their new console, so CM might not think it is worth the effort of coding VR for PC and PS5

Edited by TomAAA
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Xbox has said no VR support on their new console, so CM might not think it is worth the effort of coding VR for PC and PS5

Every racing game has VR support except for the licensed F1 which is pretty frivolous.

Xbox x it doesn't even matter. 

• Like 1