DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.12 Bug Reports

14 hours ago, Bynar said:

I have to question whether these releases are actually tested in VR before being pushed out

Think the answer is obviously simple: NO!👎

Otherwise they should have seen the very obvious issue

Edited by Flens07

22 hours ago, SatchmoTK said:

PC VR - Rift S - Steam version. Same issue as the people above - blurry visuals in VR, fixed by going into settings, adjusting AA, adjusting back, then going back into the race.  I need to do this at the start of every stage.

I've also been noticing irregular lag spikes (every minute or so) since mid december.  If I disable the network the lag spikes stop, so I'm thinking it's network related.

I agree with the above.

Anyone noticed a brick or mesh boxing around the tress/ objects in the game? Sort of looks like brickwork, like a boundary box for textures or meshes? I'm in VR, Rift S also. Used to happen occasionally with previous updates but very noticeable after this update. 

Also does anyone know a temp. fix e.g what to disable or change to make that **** disappear?

Cheers in advance :D

1 minute ago, sokittoya76 said:

I agree with the above.

Anyone noticed a brick or mesh boxing around the tress/ objects in the game? Sort of looks like brickwork, like a boundary box for textures or meshes? I'm in VR, Rift S also. Used to happen occasionally with previous updates but very noticeable after this update. 

Also does anyone know a temp. fix e.g what to disable or change to make that **** disappear?

Cheers in advance 😄

Yeah i got the same thing and even uploaded a video showing it in a bug report thread a while ago.

Edited by somethingthing

Maybe we need to go into the steam store page and give the game thumbs down. I think thats the only language CM understands.

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

Yeah i got the same thing and even uploaded a video showing it in a bug report thread a while ago.

I think its mainly the grass. Was just playing around with graphic settings though nothing seems to alleviate my pain...

I just got a reply from a moderator so maybe a quick solution or not. I will post if there is a fix. If I don't post then I haven't had any luck. Soooo wish me luck?!!

32 minutes ago, sokittoya76 said:

I think its mainly the grass. Was just playing around with graphic settings though nothing seems to alleviate my pain...

I just got a reply from a moderator so maybe a quick solution or not. I will post if there is a fix. If I don't post then I haven't had any luck. Soooo wish me luck?!!

would be appreciated if you could share the fix anyway. I dont know about the grass since i have that turned off, couldnt stand seeing it being rendered, but i got it on trees at least.

Edited by somethingthing

8 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

would be appreciated if you could share the fix anyway. I dont know about the grass since i have that turned off, couldnt stand seeing it being rendered, but i got it on trees at least.

Ok noted. Yeah still no answer!  They should let us downgrade the version till a better update also gives VR the same love as the 2d version gets. 144hz is still pretty sweet. Anyone played it on the Index? Love to hear feedback 😉

i dont know if its pure imagination but im doing a rally in wales atm and even when "msaa fix" is done it still doesnt look as good as it did pre-patch?

Edited by somethingthing

From Dirt Facebook page:

Hello DiRT fans,

⚠️ We have seen reports of #DiRTRally 2.0 VR players experiencing blurred visuals following the release of Version 1.12.

🚧 We are currently investigating this and working on a hotfix which will release in the near future.

• Like 2

I don't play in VR and had a drastic performance drop since the new update as well, Now I can drive 1 stage and the second stage my framerate drops to 20fps

Edited by UDaniel

Same issue here with the VR as everybody else. The game is practically unplayabe with VR after the patch. Please fix it to be at least as it was before the patch..

In rallycross qualifying the random times from the other races are usually way off, they should be around the same level as your physical opponents. I play career mode on elite level, or freeplay with 75-85 difficulty, and on most tracks there is a 7-8 second gap between the physical drivers you race against and the random AI times. On Killarney it's 16-20 which is just mind-boggling. 4-5 seconds per lap on a 1km track. That is a staggering mismatch. 7-8 seconds for 4 laps is huge and that is on most tracks.

20200124004523_1.thumb.jpg.9fe8a00b36d7fe49a3f20348ba2da556.jpg20200124004527_1.thumb.jpg.172bcddd7ab773dabb3cae7e5d033f61.jpg

This makes offline racing near impossible. I can't have the kind of race where I have good close racing in both qualifying (where I compete against the random times) and in semi-finals/finals (where I compete against physical AI opponents) because there is a huge gap in their levels.

In freeplay if I set the difficulty so that physical AI drivers are around my level, then I will never get past qualifying since the random times are far faster.

If I set the difficulty so that random times are around my level, then semi-finals and finals are laughable since the AI drivers are way too slow for me.

This kills offline rallycross.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Congratulations for finally adding rain to Finland. I don't know how all these trees and other flora could survive such a long drought. But my suggestion for the future (read: 'DiRT Rally 3') is to add more times of day and separate them from weather conditions so we choose time of day and weather like in 'DiRT 4'. Those, who have played this game, know what I mean.

20200124133337_1.thumb.jpg.bb03b727f9a48ecbf9464c29381c1323.jpg

• Agree 1

Platform: PS4

I've reported this before for career Rally, now the same thing happens on career Rallycross:

If I load up Dirt Rally 2.0 using my profile on a different PS4 to my home PS4, and enter the Events section, I get a message saying "We found a discrepancy between a local save and Racenet on your career progress and are resetting you current championship."

This has been happening for some time with career rally, but as of the last update I've also just had my career Rallycross championship reset following hours of effort. I can then return to my home PS4 and the first time I load up I will get the same message again. This is despite the fact I do not have a career rally in progress anymore. 

I play this game regularly across 2 consoles in 2 locations, and hence until this is solved then the career event options are unplayable.

• Like 1

Platform: ALL

This is not a problem directly related to the latest patch, but rather an ongoing issue which many users here, and in my racenet club have raised.

It is frustrating that we cannot see the "event details" (aside from the career rally/career rallycross events) before entering events, or during events, from the Events list page. In the case of monthly events in fact, where more than 1 location will be used, the player only finds out what locations are involved after fully completing the first rally! As this is the only opportunity to review the full event details.

Every event, whether Daily/Weekly/Monthly, or AI/non AI, would benefit from having the event details tab, as shown in the below image for the Career Rally.

Returning to an event after a while when you have no recollection of where you left off, all you can do is select the event and race blind until you finish the rally to even find out whether you were on the first or the last rally of the event.

events.thumb.png.5f0791e9540110f6493e00b00d29db77.png

I realise that a list of locations and stages is available for some of the events on the official website, but this is simply long winded, not exhaustive, and doesn't tell a user what stage they are at.

• Agree 1

VR - OCULUS

I've noticed that at the beginning of the race it's all blurred and foggy.
If I turn the MSAA or TAA options on and off before each race and leave the menu, everything looks perfect, no fog, everything looks perfect.
I have a 2080 SUPER and High configuration (But the same happens in low, medium, Ultra, etc...)

Edited by evaristorivi

May delete this.

Edited by AUTOPELI
doesn't apply anymore

I have a problem DiRTRally2.0 XboxOne version, v1.12 update

New Zealand, Te Awanga Sprint Forward

R2 Peugeot 208

Graphics problem, framerate is very slow down.

Loading its so longer.

Please check it and fix.

On 1/25/2020 at 10:05 AM, somethingthing said:

Isnt the rain better in VR btw? 

Still the same ****

I am having really bad stuttering after latest patch. My computer is low end (i58300h and GeForce 1050), but i had only minor stutters before with medium graphics. Now i have tricked GeForce settings and lowered The graphics and i almost have no stutters, but The game looks like ****. Am i The only one who has stutters after patch?

Hi, I'd like to report a very important issue: I had my game crash when trying to save the name of a new car setup, this was in the daily event for F2 kitcars (Peugeot 306). When restarting the game I was notified that my save file was corrupted(makes sense since it crashed during saving the new setup name). Luckily I was able to use a backup file and didn't loose anything important. However, I find it kinda unacceptable that I now have to afraid of corrupting my savefile every time I wanna save a setup. The setup name did not contain any numbers just letters, I'm on a standard PS4 latest patch. I was still able to enter the daily event, but obviously didn't wanna risk it. (I also used the PS4 crash report feature)

Hope this gets fixed soon, this is very annoying and gamebreaking imo.

P.s.: feel free to ask for more specifics.

Edited by doeternitoeV10
  • Like 1