DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.12 Bug Reports

Version 1.12.1 - Steam - Super Deluxe Edition

Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi - dusk conditions in the mirror still shows bright sky like in a sunny day.

1430787262_DirtRally2Screenshot2020_02.05-21_20_51_00.thumb.jpg.281e2b9ee498ddeceb4ee13d3fc29128.jpg

50639461_DirtRally2Screenshot2020_02.05-21_47_57_13.thumb.jpg.f73af86b83ea397611f5f3f522ff4226.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Xbox deluxe edition + individual dlc :

Game freeze and crash back to menu bug

Always on the start line of a rallycross event, any game mode. Just happened twice 

In the current weekly Ai challenge in Canada, so has made a casserole of nonsense of the whole event.

• Agree 1

Connection  Failed. The lack of a direct hotline-like support is what makes this bug extremely annoying. A support employee with access to the backend servers could fix it with 2 clicks of the mouse yet we can't ask help directly through a hotline/support mail. It may be the most gamebreaking bug in the game, having it fixed or at least knowing that there's a reliable way to get help with it would be more than welcomed.

Once again this bug .png

26 minutes ago, Bob D. Aegirsson said:

Connection  Failed. The lack of a direct hotline-like support is what makes this bug extremely annoying. A support employee with access to the backend servers could fix it with 2 clicks of the mouse yet we can't ask help directly through a hotline/support mail. It may be the most gamebreaking bug in the game, having it fixed or at least knowing that there's a reliable way to get help with it would be more than welcomed.

Hi @Bob D. Aegirsson, I see it looks like you are on PC. Is that correct? Also what country are you playing from? Both of these would help us look into this as this issue isn't wide spread. Cheers.

7 minutes ago, CM_Ads said:

Hi @Bob D. Aegirsson, I see it looks like you are on PC. Is that correct? Also what country are you playing from? Both of these would help us look into this as this issue isn't wide spread. Cheers.

I have the game on steam and I'm from France (South-East of France) . The weird part is that I live with my brother who also has the game and play on the same connection but doesn't have the same issue.

12 minutes ago, Bob D. Aegirsson said:

I have the game on steam and I'm from France (South-East of France) . The weird part is that I live with my brother who also has the game and play on the same connection but doesn't have the same issue.

Hi, thats really odd. Please can you provide us with you Steam profile ID? Cheers.

27 minutes ago, CM_Ads said:

I'll join, I have a PC version Steam and I'm from Czech republic.

Edit:

Steam profile ID? PET.SILD

Edited by PetSild

36 minutes ago, CM_Ads said:

Same here since yesterday, PC steam version, in the Netherlands, account name "acidzq"

19 minutes ago, CM_Ads said:

Hi, thats really odd. Please can you provide us with you Steam profile ID? Cheers.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Darkaan13/

it should be linked correctly (maybe) with my codemaster account. The problem happened yesterday and I only recently linked my account to codemaster

For anyone affected please can you let me know what version of Windows you are playing on? I.e "Windows 7"

7 minutes ago, CM_Ads said:

For anyone affected please can you let me know what version of Windows you are playing on? I.e "Windows 7" 

I Use W7...

1 hour ago, Sint78 said:

Same here since yesterday, PC steam version, in the Netherlands, account name "acidzq"

1 hour ago, CM_Ads said:

Windows 7 Professional

Never had big problems with the game, did’t understand the large amount of complaining, but now can’t play for over 24 hours, really hope this gets fixed soon, I need my rally fix, I want to do the dailys!…..frustration is growing quickly now…...

Edited by Sint78
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, CM_Ads said:

Steam ID: Eagleizer

No connection with server since 2:05PM UK time, 6. February. (26+ hours ago), except a few minutes about 3 hours ago.

Win 7 users, try this.

Hopefully it helps:

Bug on Steam version:

This bug(?) is hard to pinpoint, but at least in the Historic Rally, H2 FWD Challenge, something is funky with the AI in the rain. Feeling very comfortable in the car (Golf GTI), I could win a long stage by 20-25 seconds in the dry without making any big mistakes.

In the rain I was pushing to the same extent as in the dry, of course my pace was lower due to lower cornering speeds, but I was still comfortable with the car and was leaving the same margin for error as I did in the dry. My time put me in the bottom positions, 20-25 seconds slower than the leader over a long stage without any big mistakes. Same car, same difficulty as in the dry. This seems totally off. I suspect that the AI times for the wet stages are actually "dry" times, but of course I can't be sure if that's the case.

This makes winning the H2 FWD Challenge extremely tough. The first two events can be won quite easily, but it doesn't matter since the last event has 3 out of 4 stages in the rain/wet, and 2 of those 3 wet stages are long stages.

I've noticed there's a texture bug (normal map I think?) on the wet tires of the Mini Cooper SX1, doesn't occur on dry conditions.

20200205213159_1.thumb.jpg.9aeccf133b529a914dc1ce8ef44aad3b.jpg

It's more apparent after the the tires collected some dirt:

20200205213326_1.thumb.jpg.104fe6669ab229bba542f9af139308ec.jpg

Hey Guys,

for some reason I have seemingly 8-bit color on the darker colors. As long as the stage is in strong daylight or mostly in brighter colors everything seems fine, but as soon as there are more shadows, its cloudy or night it becomes realy ugly and hard to drive.

I did my best to capture it with some Screenshots. Focus on the darker spots and the hard borders between colors. Its especially obvious on the menu screenshots. The images have not been changes,. thats exactly how it looks like. The last two images (without the goggle view) are for reference in non VR mode, same spot, same settings.

PC Steam Version

Ryzen 1600, Geforce 1080Ti

Vr Oculus Rift SDK

Playing with Fanatec Wheel, Pedals and Shifter.

2020-02-08 20_34_55-DiRT Rally 2.0.png

2020-02-08 20_22_25-.png

2020-02-08 20_39_12-DiRT Rally 2.0.png

2020-02-08 20_38_53-.png

2020-02-08 20_53_08-DiRT Rally 2.0.png

2020-02-08 20_53_23-DiRT Rally 2.0.png

The shift light on the Opel Corsa Super 1600 doesn't work for me.

Xbox One X

v1.12.0

20200209_134601.png

Edited by FlatOverCrest
Added picture and videos
  • Like 2