DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.12 Bug Reports

12 hours ago, CadeyrnDirt said:

Hey Guys,

for some reason I have seemingly 8-bit color on the darker colors. As long as the stage is in strong daylight or mostly in brighter colors everything seems fine, but as soon as there are more shadows, its cloudy or night it becomes realy ugly and hard to drive.

I did my best to capture it with some Screenshots. Focus on the darker spots and the hard borders between colors. Its especially obvious on the menu screenshots. The images have not been changes,. thats exactly how it looks like. The last two images (without the goggle view) are for reference in non VR mode, same spot, same settings.

PC Steam Version

Ryzen 1600, Geforce 1080Ti

Vr Oculus Rift SDK

Playing with Fanatec Wheel, Pedals and Shifter.

2020-02-08 20_34_55-DiRT Rally 2.0.png

2020-02-08 20_22_25-.png

2020-02-08 20_39_12-DiRT Rally 2.0.png

2020-02-08 20_38_53-.png

2020-02-08 20_53_08-DiRT Rally 2.0.png

2020-02-08 20_53_23-DiRT Rally 2.0.png

This has been reported since Oculus SDK got released but it seems like they dont care or dont know how to fix it. If you use SteamVR it will look better to the cost of performance and ASW wont work as good as in Oculus SDK.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FlatOverCrest said:

The shift light on the Opel Corsa Super 1600 doesn't work for me.

Xbox One X

v1.12.0

You mean the headlights?? Super 1600 cars don't have headlights

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2020 at 10:06 AM, Bob D. Aegirsson said:

You mean the headlights?? Super 1600 cars don't have headlights

No, I mean the shift light as in the light that is on the outside of the instrument cluster shroud that should light up when it's time to shift. I am aware that most RX cars do not usually have headlights.

20200209_134601.png

Edited by FlatOverCrest
  • Like 2

Hey

Version 1.12.1 - Steam 

Radeon RX 550, 

FX 6300 3.50ghz

Memory:12 GB

The problem with the car and the seat.

bsjnX8e.jpg

f5pkZ8A.jpg

• Like 1

I noticed something while driving at Wales and that is that the pop up grass seems to be completely random depending what the game decides to when its launched. I had a lot of pop up just now as i was playing but i restarted the game and BOOM it was much better all of a sudden. The devs probably knows whats loaded when the game is started that has to do with textures and could maybe find the issue?

i attach my settings if that could help

Oculus rift and running trough steam

I use 0 AF ingame but have it set to 16 in the nvidia control panel

hardware_settings_config_vr.xml

Edited by somethingthing

Lohac (WRX in France) has stones around the track in the air. Last corner and the corner before at least. I wrote it here few months ago but probably only me have it 😄

• Like 1

Hello everyone, 

I'm Damian from PS4 side.

I have found this typo in the final results menu of one club event that took place in Australia location.
Correct spanish-translation is "Etapa" as you already know, but instead of that, it shows "Estapa".

D.

IMG-20200210-WA0015.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 2:22 PM, cheba said:

Bug on Steam version:

The "Kickin' 80s Vibe" achievement does not unlock.

I just finished today's Group B RWD special event with the M1, but I still don't have the achievement.

a lot of these types of achievements don't work in Community Challenges for some reason. try in Freeplay (super easy because you can make an event with just 1 stage) or Career mode.

weirdly, many of the ones that shouldn't work in Community Challenges do. for example, The Home Favourite and SEND IT require you to win events in Latvia and Estering with the Mk7 and Mk8 Fiestas, but you can do it in a Daily Community Challenge, which in RX is still just you against the clock. since you're completely alone, you are guaranteed to win and unlock the achievement unless you retire, which is ridiculous.

Hi since the last VR update the performance of VR has completely nose dived. I’m running a 2080ti and overclocked intel I9 at 4.2. Oculus rift S via steam using oculus sdk. With the exception of shaders which is set to high and car details set to low, I now have everything turned off or set to very low.  The first long stage at NZ and also sweet lamb I haven’t completed once without stutters, freezes, and vr position resetting itself to outside the drivers side door. I have found that I must run at 16 x and 8 x to get a steady frame rate / sense of speed. If I change these settings lower the frame rate drops even further and higher amount of stutters, which is bizarre and the graphics become super pixelated. Until this update everything was smooth I was running pretty much all settings between low and high and I was having amazing experiences rallying. Now it’s like we have gone back six months when vr was a mess. I’ve played around with settings in 2D mode to see if that affects vr but it doesn’t, ive mixed n matched everything and the game is no longer optimised in vr and has gone backwards which is a shame. It would be great to have an option to turn off screen mirroring that would help performance, all other sims you can turn it off and I don’t need the game on screen whilst in a vr headset. Please look into you had this game nailed down and all was wonderful. 

2 hours ago, JamesleeGTO said:

Hi since the last VR update the performance of VR has completely nose dived. I’m running a 2080ti and overclocked intel I9 at 4.2. Oculus rift S via steam using oculus sdk. With the exception of shaders which is set to high and car details set to low, I now have everything turned off or set to very low.  The first long stage at NZ and also sweet lamb I haven’t completed once without stutters, freezes, and vr position resetting itself to outside the drivers side door. I have found that I must run at 16 x and 8 x to get a steady frame rate / sense of speed. If I change these settings lower the frame rate drops even further and higher amount of stutters, which is bizarre and the graphics become super pixelated. Until this update everything was smooth I was running pretty much all settings between low and high and I was having amazing experiences rallying. Now it’s like we have gone back six months when vr was a mess. I’ve played around with settings in 2D mode to see if that affects vr but it doesn’t, ive mixed n matched everything and the game is no longer optimised in vr and has gone backwards which is a shame. It would be great to have an option to turn off screen mirroring that would help performance, all other sims you can turn it off and I don’t need the game on screen whilst in a vr headset. Please look into you had this game nailed down and all was wonderful. 

Try to 1) delete your config file and 2) verify integrity of the game on steam. I have absolutely no performance issues and i havent seen anyone else complain about it neither. If your camera view changes randomly it sounds more like a tracking issue than a game issue. What do you mean you set to 16x and 8x? Do other games still work good? Maybe a bad driver update?

18 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Try to 1) delete your config file and 2) verify integrity of the game on steam. I have absolutely no performance issues and i havent seen anyone else complain about it neither. If your camera view changes randomly it sounds more like a tracking issue than a game issue. What do you mean you set to 16x and 8x? Do other games still work good? Maybe a bad driver update?

Hi there I was referring to anisotropic 16x and multi sampling 8x. If I lower these figures the sense of speed and smoothness drops and the game becomes super pixelated. All my other race sims are working absolutely perfectly. I’ll give your two suggestions a try this weekend. It’s just weird how I’ve gone from smooth and running nice settings to it stuttering a lot, having freezes and when it freezes, it stops for a couple of seconds and then when the car starts moving again, often I’m reset to outside the car. Tracking in my room is spot on fine for games like robo recall, onward and pistol whip along with all other well known vr driving sims, zero issues with any of them. Thanks for the suggestions, I hope they work because I love dirt rally 2.0. 

Ok so we play rallycross multiplayer at my place with three of us on separate PC’s all in VR and do custom championships with 4 tracks in the 2018 Supercars with “humans only” selected in multiplayer options. We are on a LAN but log in as normal to the game and I send invites via steam friends and we have it working with just the three of us racing single 8 lap races on each track and it’s great fun. The problem is that sometimes we are either all ghost cars or 1 of us is a ghost car or sometimes we are all solid and collide. It is intermittent and there seems to be no pattern.  We would like not to be ghosted so we can race properly with a bit of bump and grind but this only happens intermittently.  It’s really weird as sometimes only one person is ghosted and sometimes we all are and sometimes we are all solid.  Can anyone shed any light on this or is this a bug that needs fixing?

On 2/14/2020 at 4:09 AM, tombradybaby said:

Hi there I was referring to anisotropic 16x and multi sampling 8x. If I lower these figures the sense of speed and smoothness drops and the game becomes super pixelated. All my other race sims are working absolutely perfectly. I’ll give your two suggestions a try this weekend. It’s just weird how I’ve gone from smooth and running nice settings to it stuttering a lot, having freezes and when it freezes, it stops for a couple of seconds and then when the car starts moving again, often I’m reset to outside the car. Tracking in my room is spot on fine for games like robo recall, onward and pistol whip along with all other well known vr driving sims, zero issues with any of them. Thanks for the suggestions, I hope they work because I love dirt rally 2.0. 

As somethingthing, I have no problems in VR with DR2 (but all issues posted months ago). i7 9700 and 2080 Super. Supersampling set to 1.9 in OTT. AA at 2x and anisotropic to 16x. ASW always ON!

And rendering options between high and ultra.

It seems like after the latest update the frame rate has been compromised. Is anyone else getting lower fps? I think it is happening with all cars and all locations for me. It used to be mostly buttery smooth. I hope it gets resolved because a good stable frame rate is one of the things that makes the game so enjoyable versus other rally games.

Xbox One X

v1.12.0

1 hour ago, FlatOverCrest said:

It seems like after the latest update the frame rate has been compromised. Is anyone else getting lower fps? I think it is happening with all cars and all locations for me. It used to be mostly buttery smooth. I hope it gets resolved because a good stable frame rate is one of the things that makes the game so enjoyable versus other rally games.

Xbox One X

v1.12.0

I heard a streamer complain about worse performance since the last patch. Hes also on Xbox.

Platform: X-Box One S (latest Firmware + Game-Version 1.12.0)
Version: Retail Deluxe + Season 3+4-Pass

Where?

My Team Rally-Career on Elite difficulty.

Description:

For the 3rd time in a row, between multiple months each time with several game versions, the game crashed before I could finish the entire championship.
This time in the 4th rally (Monaco) after the 2nd stage in a Opel Manta 400.

The first 2 times were similar, it always chrashes quite late in the championship after a stage while trying to load the leaderboard. I get an annoying sound before the game crashes to dashboard. After restart the game resets my progress.

Every. Single. Time.

It is not possible to finish a championship for me. I tried it now 3 times.

• Like 1

Damage out of blue on "no service" stages after game restart

I found hard to notice, but a very annoying bug. I reproduced it during a rally career mode.

Note: Sorry for VR screenshots, but it is not VR related bug

1. You need to complete a clean service stage, no damage at the beginning and end

No damage at the end:

DB682B7296E0ADE5CEA11969FA22A98FD1F20FA1

Car is a brand new:

DD209763DF961B97B1FA877C6BF7FC7A66C8DF75

No windshield damage (it is important):

228D5C24BC96FC544C7745ABD1ECF269C1F71C50

2. Start the next "no service" stage:

Car is still "new" and no windshield damage:

6C7B8563DE2FDD730D2F034E044234A01E850BAB

3. Start driving the stage (it is important) and exit the game completely. Not restart the stage, but exit the game fully to desktop

4. Start the game again and come back to this stage

5. The windshield will be smashed and the car will have some initial damage:

Cracked windshield:

B10EABE97436F8E9C2D72577EC381AC0FC5356B6

Some damage on the hood, headlight deformed but not broken:

FAE9A4D7509B490A22B5544B4F579746D610E514

Windshield:

2A278050454C3DE061209A4078BE827BD004D426

It is not reproducible vice versa: if you complete "no service" with no damage, the next service stage at the beginning will always have a brand new car. Also if you already had damage but did not take any new damage during the service stage - have no idea, but it looks like no new damage will appear. Also did not notice it on winter tracks, but in other cases, it is like 90% chances of appearing. Also probably, but not sure, you need to take some little damage in the "no service" area before quit to increase chances. But even if you touched something with your bumper and cracked it, after game restart you will get windshield crack, even if you did not crack it! It is always the same windshield crack, this is how I noticed it initially. It looks like the game "normalize" damage even despite you completely quit the game and adding light damage to body and windshield, even if you did not damage windshield at all.

• Steam
  • i7-5960X 3.00GHz, GTX 1080, 32gb, SSD, Windows 10
  • VR, Oculus
  • Logitech G920

On 1/26/2020 at 8:09 AM, Jsalic36 said:

I have a problem DiRTRally2.0 XboxOne version, v1.12 update

New Zealand, Te Awanga Sprint Forward

The same with R5, there are super nasty frame drops occurring on the last 10-15% of the stage. I haven't driven the game end-to-end, but this is the only stage so far with this issue.

Finland has a blinky background in one stage, don't recall which one, + a similar issue in Argentina, but if they're nowhere as irritating as the NZ issue.

@GruByGuruIt's on purpose, so the pilot can see the raising needle/redline position better while looking at the road. Rotated tachs with shifting point set at 9h or near 12h are common on racing cars.

Please check this picture of Weber/Feltz's Golf: link.

Edited by AlleyViper
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

When training engineers using mouse input, sometimes it's possible to select 4WD or FWD but RWD will be updated instead. If it matters for px position, it's on a 1680x1050 screen. Maybe it has to do with the confirmation screen having "accept" over RWD.

The fog in VR needs fixing, if it wasn't there in DRT1 it shouldn't be here in DRT2.

Love the game but you guys really need to fix that, it's ridiculous.

Performance? That is what "Settings" are for, people change them to suit their needs... i hate games that force you to play how IT wants. 

On 2/22/2020 at 12:27 AM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Platform: X-Box One S (latest Firmware + Game-Version 1.12.0)
Version: Retail Deluxe + Season 3+4-Pass

Where?

My Team Rally-Career on Elite difficulty.

Description:

For the 3rd time in a row, between multiple months each time with several game versions, the game crashed before I could finish the entire championship.
This time in the 4th rally (Monaco) after the 2nd stage in a Opel Manta 400.

The first 2 times were similar, it always chrashes quite late in the championship after a stage while trying to load the leaderboard. I get an annoying sound before the game crashes to dashboard. After restart the game resets my progress.

Every. Single. Time.

It is not possible to finish a championship for me. I tried it now 3 times.

4th time in a row.
This time 4th rally (again Monaco) after the 1st stage in a Peugeot 206 Rally.

I simple don't know what to do now. It is impossible to finish the Elite Championship in My Team Rally Career, it always crashes.

@PJTierney: Any word on this? Is it acknowledged? Is there anything I can try out? I mean...it's completely broken since months.

Can someone else try out to finish a elite championship in My team on X-Box One S?

The weekly rallycross event doesn't start anymore I played until the semi-finals and if I want to start the event now the game crashes it's the only event that crashes

On 2/24/2020 at 4:54 AM, AlleyViper said:

@GruByGuruIt's on purpose, so the pilot can see the raising needle/redline position better while looking at the road. Rotated tachs with shifting point set at 9h or near 12h are common on racing cars.

Please check this picture of Weber/Feltz's Golf: link.

Ohh, such interesting thing!!

Thanks about the info 🙂

• Agree 1