Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Patch V 03.2

Hi all, 

You know how sometimes the game hangs in-between stages on the car repair screen? 

The tiny patch we just pushed live should fix that. 

As for the error 41 issues... Following our test patch at the weekend (which annoyingly didn't seem to work for many) we've been talking to Valve and working together on our next attempt to solve the issue. 

We'll have more info on error 41 in the next few days. 

For all the other issues we're working on currently be sure to check out the bug tracker.
Cant play anymore after todays patching > Steam error (unknown)...
And i have been do all "try to" Steam fixes, deleted appcache, admin rights, flushed steam...

Working now, it was Avast antivirus program (even at Avast firewall disabled) whats make that issue. But now i know that after every Dirt Rally patch i must check Avast again.
After steam auto-updated my game with this patch, the game won't start anymore. It hangs ~30 secs on "Completing installation 2%" and then gives the steam error "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Dirt Rally. error 16". On tuesday when I last played it worked perfectly for me, of course with my laptop which has nvidia gtx 860 I cannot play fullscreen, but otherwise worked superb.
I have windows 8.1 64-bit pro, nvidia gtx 860m, i7-4710HQ with latest nvidia drivers, no 3rd party anti-virus or firewalls, only windows defender. Do you want more info?

I was playing other game on steam and then noticed that dirt rally was updated and I thought I'll give it a try. Error 16 keeps coming, I tried to reboot and tried to verify the integrity of game cache! Didn't tried yet to install the game again, I have currently slow internet connection and don't have time to redownload it. So I'll guess I'm watching Game Of Thrones this evening rather than driving the absolutely best rally game there is! (5 year fanatic on rbr + cmr2 fan)

Timbe said:
After steam auto-updated my game with this patch, the game won't start anymore. It hangs ~30 secs on "Completing installation 2%" and then gives the steam error "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Dirt Rally. error 16". On tuesday when I last played it worked perfectly for me, of course with my laptop which has nvidia gtx 860 I cannot play fullscreen, but otherwise worked superb.
I have windows 8.1 64-bit pro, nvidia gtx 860m, i7-4710HQ with latest nvidia drivers, no 3rd party anti-virus or firewalls, only windows defender. Do you want more info?

I was playing other game on steam and then noticed that dirt rally was updated and I thought I'll give it a try. Error 16 keeps coming, I tried to reboot and tried to verify the integrity of game cache! Didn't tried yet to install the game again, I have currently slow internet connection and don't have time to redownload it. So I'll guess I'm watching Game Of Thrones this evening rather than driving the absolutely best rally game there is! (5 year fanatic on rbr + cmr2 fan)

Hmm we'll get that error 16 thing looked at. Could you email dirtgame@codemasters.com your dxdiag please so we can take a look at what might have caused it? It's possible it could be a valve problem I've noticed Steam being a bit off with me this evening but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Timbe said:

Hmm we'll get that error 16 thing looked at. Could you email dirtgame@codemasters.com your dxdiag please so we can take a look at what might have caused it? It's possible it could be a valve problem I've noticed Steam being a bit off with me this evening but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Very late last night it suddenly started working, "Completing installation" pop up finished without a trouble. It seems it was a Steam issue,  have to point out that I personally haven't had this kind of issues ever with Steam. I will run up DXdiag when I get home, but I'll doubt it will give any hint now when it's working fine. My friend had same issue too yesterday and also he got it working this morning! (BTW, I tested Project Cars for couple of hours, when I returned to Dirt Rally, I was amazed how fun the Dirt Rally actually is! Superb job guys!!! I definitely prefer Dirt Rally over Project Cars)
Timbe said:

I kept getting a similar issue but was being given a '53' error code. Turns out I needed to turn off my real-time scanning on McAfee and then it loaded up fine. Has been fine since too, I don't have to keep turning the RTS off, just had to do it for the initial installation of the patch.

Archived