Sign in to follow this  

Remove the blue fog from Finland, it's obnoxious and Dirt Rally 1 Finland was much better due to this

A) It hurts visibility

B) Finland in Dirt Rally 1 looked better, with clear visibility to the distance

C) Not to mention, it hurts visibility in the FASTEST stage in the game, where seeing far to the distance is the most important

D) Finally, I'm from Finland and been to Jämsä rallies many times (I live nearby), it never looks like that over here..... Dirt Rally 1 looked like much more realistic Finnish forest

This "Let's add blue fog everywhere and it will make this look cool" is a nuisance of Dirt Rally 2.0 overall, not just Finland.

The effect is overused in several RX tracks for example, and in Poland to a degree. But it's at it's worst in Finland, completely ruining the experience. Rest of the DLC stages are good, and actually improve over the originals visually and in some cases also driving-wise (Sweden, Monte Carlo). Finland really needs fixing, just remove the fog completely

Edited by KahvaEel
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

sadly it wont be removed, it was said, that this "blue fog" covers up much needed power that Engine Ego needs.  physic for simulation of Cars, uses much more memory than in DR 1.0, so they make all background little blurry to hide lower setting of graphic background.

• Disagree 1

They said it's "for performance reasons" which really does not cut it. A thick fog on what should be clear weather with no fog at all is really not the right way to improve performance.

Daytime Finland is not "background little blurry". Stop being in denial.

20191107233057_1.thumb.jpg.677d0cf03944c60e441c19f16cd90de4.jpg20191112171257_1.thumb.jpg.015ea159971092ea94808cf7afa400cf.jpg20200121135222_1.thumb.jpg.d343b7156516f8a23bfc2ea1dbbdc417.jpg

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

You should read again, what i did writen, they did cover up blurry graphic for background  (look at the tree's) with that blue fog, they must do that to achive constant 60fps, in other words to get perfomace, they must somewhere save power, as the engine more used than in DR 1 due more complex Car physics..

And Finland is location that has the most objects, i personally would remove (delete) few objects, just to keep the perfomance for clear view..

Edit: Sorry if i cant express myself clear, as English isn't my Language

Edited by dani211212
  • Disagree 1

I don't buy the "performance" explanation. Why then Greece, Australia and USA (for example, among others) have perfect drawing distance and no annoying fog. In Greece you can see miles away... performance is fine 

If it really is the reason, then yes cut back the amount of objects.... or allow PC to get rid of the fog. PC can run 60 fps, if it's powerful enough. Don't force the fog.

When Dirt Rally 1 looks (way) better only with Finland, and Dirt Rally 2 looks (way) better with every other DLC country, I don't see the logic of performance reason

I mean look at those screenshots.. they are just absurd. Finland doesn't look like that IRL, maybe 1 day per summer you might see something like that (with luck), for few hours

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1920&bih=937&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ACYBGNR-RX-7mBPaZTaPwHk4Zx3xnIf7cw%3A1580295297763&sa=1&ei=gWQxXuaiLsuprgSisKXoCw&q=jämsä+ralli+kesä&oq=jämsä+ralli+kesä&gs_l=img.3...9367.9987..10223...0.0..0.82.530.7......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......35i39j0i24.07HfUsJFqow&ved=0ahUKEwim5_Pe0qjnAhXLlIsKHSJYCb0Q4dUDCAc&uact=5

There is IRL Google photos of Jämsä rally. Tell me how many have fog in them?????

Edited by KahvaEel
  • Agree 2

On 1/29/2020 at 11:57 AM, dani211212 said:

You should read again, what i did writen, they did cover up blurry graphic for background  (look at the tree's) with that blue fog, they must do that to achive constant 60fps, in other words to get perfomace, they must somewhere save power, as the engine more used than in DR 1 due more complex Car physics..

And Finland is location that has the most objects, i personally would remove (delete) few objects, just to keep the perfomance for clear view..

Edit: Sorry if i cant express myself clear, as English isn't my Language

The more complex car physics are the same in every location and weather, but this fog appear in daytime Finland in particular. Sure it's visible in other locations and weathers but nowhere is it the same level as daytime Finland. Some locations and weathers are quite un-foggy. So you talking about more complex car physics is pointless in this context.

Second thing: there are lots of ways to improve performance.  So stop talking about this fog as if they had no other option.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1