DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Dirt Rally 2.0 Broadcast Events - Biweekly?

Hello All,

This is just a thread to throw out the idea about a weekly/biweekly broadcast rally event. (Broadcast to Youtube and Facebook) 

I have asked around sim racing broadcasters and I think we can make something work very similar to Dirt World Series.

I think it would be great to have a central place for the community to gather, compete and engage with each other within one 3 hour window or so.

I've requested Codemasters look into this via email as a lot of other sim racing platforms are doing the same and they have decent communities where everyone can engage with one another.

Costs seem to be in the region of 150 pounds per event total to run the events.

What does the community think? Would you support it and compete in these events?

Cheers,

Luca

• Like 11

Let's do it!

This game desperately needs some sort of broadcasted event that runs weekly. It's good for viewers, drivers and teams to get our names out there.

People would definitely tune in. 

• Like 2

Something like this definitely needs to happen if the game is to continue growing. DR2 is a great platform that could be used in an ongoing competitive basis. The Dirt Rally 2.0 World Series attracted tens of thousands of drivers, a number far greater than you'll see in any automated Daily/Weekly/Monthly challenge. Even the largest community clubs - currently the only place to go for a true competitive experience - only attract hundreds of drivers at the most, a large majority of which have already been involved in the Dirt franchise since before the release of DR2. The game has almost been out for a year now and it desperately needs a form of ongoing competitive stimulus. Without it, the competitive aspect of the game risks dying out. The World Series was a glimpse at how exciting competitive rally action can be, but the World Series is over now, so what's next?

I believe that Luca is totally right in the idea that frequent competitions officially hosted and broadcasted by CM (or a contracted team) via the official Dirt social platforms could give a great boost to the game's viewership and help grow the driver-base. Even monthly broadcasts would help to sustain the game's community as a healthy competitive environment. I'm sure some of the more dedicated community members would be willing to give their time to help plan and manage such events. They have already tried to produce similar environments using the Clubs feature, but without the reach of the official Dirt brand they have struggled. There wouldn't need to be prizes, as drivers would see the competitions as the premier opportunity to highlight their own skills to audiences and their fellow competitors.

DR2 has an amazing potential to be a truly competitive rally sim (brought about by the hard work of the developers - the physics are a much needed step up from previous rally titles), but it can only be realised through the desire and support from the top. Otherwise it will take it's place in history as 'just another casual rally game' *cough* Dirt 4 *cough*

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This is a fantastic idea. The community really needs something like this. While the world series was great and all, it only showcases a small part of what this community is about. It'd be great to see everyone get involved.

Just putting it out there, I would love to commentate one or two of em if at all possible 😁

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

We have a number of very active and passionate Dirt Rally 2.0 communities on Twitch who would rally (pun intended) behind this!

Hope this gets the attention of someone at Codies?  

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Hi

The idea is fantastic - I support it.

Yes, I am sure the community would support the event, I would

Yes, I am also sure the community would compete. I would

It has to be FREE to the whole community with no pressure what so ever in costs, to donate, sub etc, etc, even if we know you will receive more that per event.

@ReadHeadEdition - Can I be your co-commentator - Drive Faster

Thanks

Chris

Edited by BrothersChris
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Definitely supporting this idea!

In twitch there is not only passionate but also very competitive community working daily on clubs and events!

I have been working on making Youtube highlight clips for DR2 community and could consider making some recaps of such events for example (depending largely of course how the events would pan out).

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I am also from the Twitch DR2 community. I absolutely love this idea, and would love to support!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I've been waiting for something like this since launch. Doing recaps of the events, letting casters hype up mid field battles as well as those leading the pack, so many ways to get the community more involved and committed to the game. Give them a reason to keep coming back every event and getting excited to see what happens! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Lads Luca's been busy trying to get a DR2 live event format going. Bit of a test run at it this Saturday (4th April). Find the club link below.

• Club will open 20:00 Australian Eastern Standard Time
  • Club will be open for an hour
  • Random Rally and Car Class
  • Top 6 results will get invited into a lobby approx 15 minutes after the event is finished
  • Top 6 drivers will compete over another randomly chosen event broadcasted live

At this stage only PC drivers will be able to compete in the broadcast. Plan is to get a discord running with more info soon. Ideally we'd like to make this a reoccurring event every (TBD) weeks

Club link: https://www.dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/260951

37 minutes ago, Samwichx said:

Broadcasts will be hosted by SimSpeed - they've set up a Dirt Rally 2 channel for us on their discord:
https://discord.gg/5vMvwN

Can you put the Twitch/YouTube VOD in here when the broadcast is done?

Would be worth a watch 🙂