Adjustable race length in Career - coming in Season 2

Hey all, 

I have some more good news ahead of Season 2's arrival in the next few weeks: after listening to your feedback and testing ideas, I can confirm that the option to adjust the length of races in Career mode will be included in the Season 2 update.

From the main menu screen, if you head to Options > Gameplay > Difficulty, you can find the new option to adjust race lengths in Career. It is set as default to x1, which is the usual race length. You will now have the option adjust the race length x2, x3, x4, or x5. 

The multiplier applies to each individual race - so if you're participating in a three-race event within Career, and each race is usually three laps long, applying the x5 multiplier will mean each race is 15 laps long. 

This option will be available on all platforms when the Season 2 update is downloaded. So, it'll be available at the same time for Xbox One, PS4 and PC, then when we launch Season 2 on Stadia at a later date, it'll be available on that platform too. 

We're pleased to address another much-requested feature from you, the GRID community, and are looking forward to seeing you take advantage of the new feature! Time to get ready for some marathon Career play-throughs... 

Thank you 🙂

• Like 5
  • Agree 6

How about bringing some of the classic cars from the TOCA Racing games I. E. Peugeot 405. Alfa Romeo 156 TSpark, Vauxhall Vectra etc as car packs

• Agree 2

Nice addition but I'd really like to see a stat tracker or at the very least a way to track mileage for the Around the Globe achievement.

• Agree 1

@ChrisGrovesMCM Good to know it 🙂 Now it whould be also very good if the AI is finally fixed, I did a Custom Championsship in Free Play and the AI is tooo slow even on hardest difficulty, Lets hope it will be fixed in this year 😉

@ChrisGrovesMCM Thanks this is great news. Are there any plans to add extra Xbox achivements and PS4 trophies for season 2? Also do you plan to add extra achievements per each new season content?

I‘ll just leave a big thank you for adressing this! This was the main reason why i left the game because these short 3lap sprints are really just a warmup. With 10+ round races the AI system REALLY comes into play i think. Fighting with an angry driver over the course of 5-6 rounds gives the whole NemesisSystem its character.

• Like 2

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

This was the most requested feature, at least for me. Now I can finally sit up and finish the career! I haven't by now because I was wating for this. Longest races makes perfect sense in this game, more than in others.

With this, I think you guys already addressed the most requested features of the game, in mere fourth months or so. Thank you for doing it... other devs just leave their games as they are. I can say that you guys really heard our complaints.

But now, we want more! Lol... there are still lessen things that can be addressed, and some things to be added and make the game more interesting. 

I hope you guys keep supporting the game past this three seasons!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That endurance mode on stadia sounds fun.  Any chance the rest of us could get it?

• Agree 1

A nice gesture, but for those who have already completed career mode it's probably an update that has arrived 3 months too late. Sorry but career mode was tedious enough first time around so the desire to replay longer versions of those events just isn't there for me personally.

What about adding some extra career tiers that utilise longer races but focus more on points scoring championships (10+ races instead of 3-4) with compulsory qualifying (instead of the current reverse order grid placement* which makes winning championships way too easy) to make things more interesting and generate a little more replay value? Surely it can't be that difficult...

*If you finish 1st in the first two races of a 3 or 4 event championship (50 pts) then because of the way grid orders are reversed (first place starts last etc etc) and the fact your closest rivals never fight thru the pack, you already have enough points to win the championship and may as well retire the final events (terminal damage will trigger a retire option). It's a really poorly implemented structure that removes the whole point of multi-event championships and makes progression thru the career tiers incredibly boring.

If you don't believe me try it. If you retire two of four events with 50pts then 2nd place will always achieve around 45pts from those four events. Always.

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 12:32 PM, GydeonX said:

Nice addition but I'd really like to see a stat tracker or at the very least a way to track mileage for the Around the Globe achievement.

Working on it 

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 12:11 PM, Ak1504 said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM I hope the credits at the end of the races are also x2,x3,x4,x5 ect 😛

I've asked the question on this one today, will let you know when I find out 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Working on it 

I've asked the question on this one today, will let you know when I find out 🙂

Chris Sorry a question out of tropic,  do you know if Project cars 3 forum is gonna be oponed in Cm forums soon to give some feedback? 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 5:52 PM, Miatakias_GR said:

Chris Sorry a question out of tropic,  do you know if Project cars 3 forum is gonna be oponed in Cm forums soon to give some feedback? 

No idea on that I'm afraid 🙂

BTW, not spa or red bull, closest is red bull but perspective and that corner dont match GAS, so either new or from a previous grid imo.

EPXQAZmXUAAiBBl.jpg

3 hours ago, GavinMac said:

BTW, not spa or red bull, closest is red bull but perspective and that corner dont match GAS, so either new or from a previous grid imo.

EPXQAZmXUAAiBBl.jpg

Must be Redbull Ring , last corner before start/finish straight.. 

• Agree 1

image.png.bdf853d060e5aa2587e62dad5738c9de.png

Ok if you zoom in with a weird camera angle enough then you can make it match red bull. it makes the gentle curve  look like a corner.

Ok we all  agree that it must be red bull ring,  are you happy with this addition?  Personally i like this track but it's one of most played (grid 2, GAS,  Pcars 2)  i would like more a new entrance in series or Nurbourgring gp + shorter layouts of Grid 1 + redbull ring has only full and one very short layout + reverse = 4 layouts in total,  not that much for a game that desperately needs tracks... 🙄

Edited by Miatakias_GR

I would of liked to see the hock come back but if it were a choice of spa or red bull then red bull is better, spa is very long for slower cars and reverse always ends in carnage at eau rouge.  It also sucks that we only have one sprint... so lacking in tracks 😞

17 minutes ago, GavinMac said:

I would of liked to see the hock come back but if it were a choice of spa or red bull then red bull is better, spa is very long for slower cars and reverse always ends in carnage at eau rouge.  It also sucks that we only have one sprint... so lacking in tracks 😞

Absolutely agree no matter how much i like Spa track in reverse is just unplayable and there is not any other layout... Also its the most played track ever in racing games... I Fed up with it!  For a game with  huge content like pcars 2 ect its ok... 

Edited by Miatakias_GR