17 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Don't think there will be a beta, think the F1 2020 season will be DLC.

Well there has at least been a project called F1 2020 since the release of the 2019 game when looking at what some employees have stated in the internets 🙂 

25 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well there has at least been a project called F1 2020 since the release of the 2019 game when looking at what some employees have stated in the internets 🙂 

The project might just be DLC though. All the assets still have to be cleared, signed off and compiled into a game add-on. There will be updates to the codebase. I don't really see how it makes it different to a normal release in terms of involvement. It just means they don't pay anyone to rework the game engine.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Don't think there will be a beta, think the F1 2020 season will be DLC.

If we look the 2019,they remove the balance and keep all the track with the same drs(is a miracle the change in silverstone ),they put a new drive style and then they re-put the style of 2018.

At the end you idea to a new dlc is correct.....

• Agree 1

On 1/23/2020 at 7:44 PM, steviejay69 said:

The project might just be DLC though. All the assets still have to be cleared, signed off and compiled into a game add-on. There will be updates to the codebase. I don't really see how it makes it different to a normal release in terms of involvement. It just means they don't pay anyone to rework the game engine.

I'm actually curious how Codemasters will handle the next transition to a new console generation. F1 2014 wasn't very well received and F1 2015 was barebones with the new engine but had the 2014 season included as a consolation gift. 

I don't think a lot of people would be happy if their first next gen effort regressed on the career aspect again, or if the last current gen game was treated like a middle child.

A big problem of the yearly release schedule is that they can't put too many good changes into a new game at once because then they'll run out of things to add for the following years.

Edited by RaceMyZaru
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, RaceMyZaru said:

I'm actually curious how Codemasters will handle the next transition to a new console generation. F1 2014 wasn't very well received and F1 2015 was barebones with the new engine but had the 2014 season included as a consolation gift. 

I don't think a lot of people would be happy if their first next gen effort regressed on the career aspect again, or if the last current gen game was treated like a middle child.

A big problem of the yearly release schedule is that they can't put too many good changes into a new game at once because then they'll run out of things to add for the following years.

Yeah this is why I think F1 2020 will be DLC for this game engine. Puts the F1 2021 release on a two year cycle. Just the mention of "supporting F1 2019 for longer than ever" is ringing in my ears. But I just hope they can figure out (and solve) why the game continues to be riddled with the same old bugs.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Yeah this is why I think F1 2020 will be DLC for this game engine. Puts the F1 2021 release on a two year cycle. Just the mention of "supporting F1 2019 for longer than ever" is ringing in my ears. But I just hope they can figure out (and solve) why the game continues to be riddled with the same old bugs.

you mean 2 years of development like they did with 2019? Hahaha.
we hope that things will go well, even if I doubt it.

42 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

you mean 2 years of development like they did with 2019? Hahaha.
we hope that things will go well, even if I doubt it.

I don't disagree with you! I would be more likely to buy livery and track DLC for 2020 than buy another game and go through weeks of gamebreaking new and old bugs.

Although the all the iterations of the games have been left with bugs, they are what they are and they are a known quantity rather than the unknown quantity on release (all the shill previews will say it's the best F1 game ever).

They would still see new sales if the game was sold as F1 2019 (2020 edition) - "Play both seasons!" Genuine progression in career (for one season) 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

I don't disagree with you! I would be more likely to buy livery and track DLC for 2020 than buy another game and go through weeks of gamebreaking new and old bugs.

Although the all the iterations of the games have been left with bugs, they are what they are and they are a known quantity rather than the unknown quantity on release (all the shill previews will say it's the best F1 game ever).

They would still see new sales if the game was sold as F1 2019 (2020 edition) - "Play both seasons!" Genuine progression in career (for one season) 🙂

man, I was referring to when you talked about the development of 2021. now my opinion towards them is far below expectations. I hope they don't at least make fun of us like they did this year. 

@steviejay69 makes an interesting point about dlc. As 2019 pretty much dies out sales wise and certainly interest has waned on the forums, I think the regular bug fest scenario has started to jade even the most enthusiast players. 2019 had so much hype it did not live up to I think many players will feel insulted if it's just swept under the carpet as a title and most of the code kept for 2020 but with new liveries and cars and... Drum roll... A new title.

Seeing as Codies have wrapped the license up for many years to come the pressure is off to attempt to produce a new award winning title every single year. Unless FOM has them tied to a one game per season license formula (!) it would make good business sense to release a reduced price 2020 season game ($40) using 2019 assets as all as a combined 2019/2020 game at full price. I remain pessimistic this will happen though. 

EDIT my personal fave scenario would be an F1 WORLD CHAMPION game with no fixed year but instead each year would be dlc. 2020 would be the starting point and 2019 would be available at release. 

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Agree 1

They really do need to make progress on the bugs though.

And start releasing proper patch notes because frankly, they've been vague - promising much and delivering little.

I think Liberty do want a title per year if it maximises revenue. Anything that reduces the revenue streams from the licence is bad. Propping that up with meaningless DLC? Well....honestly, if casuals want to fill their helmets, suits, gloves and boots, then fine. If it marginalises resources to *improve* the title, also bad.

Sales would be better if the game was. 

Only negative is DLC like we are saying reduces the options for discounting the game in sales. And if the DLC is also reduced in the sales, people will wait. Unless the game is good.

• Agree 1

On 25 January 2020 at 2:11 PM, steviejay69 said:

Because they were added , I can't say too much anymore and it's hard to be positive about how a game was great but with each update it actually made the game worse,

i am one of the thousands of poor wheel users but you know it's bad when you start hearing ( pad ,controller guys ) moaning how bad this game is,

,I personally with a huge sadness will only buy next game when it's half price, 

and ive always looked forward to placing my pre order every year for f1 ,

f12019 is free on psNow,. So you know it's bad .

ive stayed off this forum with the hope that there were fixes for f12019 , Barry you said still patches are still being supported fot this games , a month has passed and nothing,       just more people posting about the issues,

8 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Because they were added , I can't say too much anymore and it's hard to be positive about how a game was great but with each update it actually made the game worse,

i am one of the thousands of poor wheel users but you know it's bad when you start hearing ( pad ,controller guys ) moaning how bad this game is,

,I personally with a huge sadness will only buy next game when it's half price, 

and ive always looked forward to placing my pre order every year for f1 ,

f12019 is free on psNow,. So you know it's bad .

ive stayed off this forum with the hope that there were fixes for f12019 , Barry you said still patches are still being supported fot this games , a month has passed and nothing,       just more people posting about the issues,

Aren't the 'Games with Gold' (if that is what it's called still) and PSNow versions nobbled for online play? (i.e. offline only)?

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 1:23 PM, H4MT4R0FIN said:

I hope that they remowe unrealistic ers system. 

????

If the original cars F1 have this system, why would you want to remove that?
And what do you mean with unrealitic?!

6 hours ago, 2Pacalypse said:

????

If the original cars F1 have this system, why would you want to remove that?
And what do you mean with unrealitic?!

Actually F1 cars' ERS is pre-programmed for each track, so the driver won't have to adjust it as much as we have to in the F1 game.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, marosimark said:

Actually F1 cars' ERS is pre-programmed for each track, so the driver won't have to adjust it as much as we have to in the F1 game.

Agreed. Auto should be the setting to be fair. I mean, play with it if you must feel you can extract every last bit with strategy but mostly it should work on Mode 2 in the race and Mode 5 in qualifying.

• Thanks 1

are you already overwhelmed with 2 buttons for ERS up and down?

Cmon man...this feature is really easy to handle.

I thought you are speeking about unrealism how AI is recover the battery, because thats some BS if you re in view mode and switch from driver to driver you can see how they manage ERS. They are driving full laps in mode 4 or 5 and if they are braking, the battery recover pretty fast.

if we User drive like this, our battery would be empty after 1,5 laps without recovery....thats unrealistic guys!

43 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

are you already overwhelmed with 2 buttons for ERS up and down?

Cmon man...this feature is really easy to handle.

I thought you are speeking about unrealism how AI is recover the battery, because thats some BS if you re in view mode and switch from driver to driver you can see how they manage ERS. They are driving full laps in mode 4 or 5 and if they are braking, the battery recover pretty fast.

if we User drive like this, our battery would be empty after 1,5 laps without recovery....thats unrealistic guys!

I don't think Stevie is referring to the CURRENT ERS coding when he says using auto would be the ideal way of racing. I'm sure he means the coding should match real life F1 more accurately. It's not that pressing 2 buttons is difficult for him but that the real life drivers don't have to do it so why should we?! The whole ERS system in game is unrealistic at the moment. I get that it's a real life option so adding it to the game is a selling point but making it so the team has more control over it and the driver could request changes instead of constantly fiddling with buttons would be preferable. I realize interaction with the team itself requires pressing buttons or using voice commands so it would need to be kept simple. 

It would be kinda (sorry not saying "hella") cool if Jeff came on the radio and said "OK we plan to pit in 3 laps so we're increasing your power to mode 4 starting from turn x until you come in so please push push push mate." 

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I don't think Stevie is referring to the CURRENT ERS coding when he says using auto would be the ideal way of racing. I'm sure he means the coding should match real life F1 more accurately. It's not that pressing 2 buttons is difficult for him but that the real life drivers don't have to do it so why should we?! The whole ERS system in game is unrealistic at the moment. I get that it's a real life option so adding it to the game is a selling point but making it so the team has more control over it and the driver could request changes instead of constantly fiddling with buttons would be preferable. I realize interaction with the team itself requires pressing buttons or using voice commands so it would need to be kept simple. 

It would be kinda (sorry not saying "hella") cool if Jeff came on the radio and said "OK we plan to pit in 3 laps so we're increasing your power to mode 4 starting from turn x until you come in so please push push push mate." 

that would require jeff to know what the hell is going on though and i've never caught him on any understanding of the situation whatsoever. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Bicarda said:

that would require jeff to know what the hell is going on though and i've never caught him on any understanding of the situation whatsoever. 

Yes IKR!? It's cool that he reminds you when you're in first place though... In case you'd missed that info... 

🤣

On 2/8/2020 at 4:54 PM, sloppysmusic said:

Yes IKR!? It's cool that he reminds you when you're in first place though... In case you'd missed that info... 

🤣

had pole.
IN a battle for p1/2 since lap 1

Jeff in lap 23: "you're in the top 10! keep going"

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

had pole.
IN a battle for p1/2 since lap 1

Jeff in lap 23: "you're in the top 10! keep going"

Exactly lmao 😜