There should be a New setting in Setup menu where u can map up to for example 3 ERS modes per track on your own how you want it. And then u can use the overtake Button surely on track and u can Switch between your premapped modes. That would be how it works in real, but a little bit a Light Version of it. I think this would be much more realistic than the actual up and down every corner.... I mean its easy and not Hard to handle but for the official f1 game just unrealitic as hell

Edited by Exodium
  • Agree 1

On 1/23/2020 at 6:58 PM, steviejay69 said:

Don't think there will be a beta, think the F1 2020 season will be DLC.

Let's hope so...🙏

24 minutes ago, JackLane1982 said:

Let's hope so...🙏

I mean, things are not good with F1 2019 but it is mostly known quantities. Don't really fancy bug hunting all over again fixing what was already fixed for F1 2020.

13 minutes ago, PhosphorusBlack said:

Now that F1 2020 is announced to we have any news about the beta?

Give them time.

Within the next weeks or so we will know what is planed 😉

hopefully more modes this time. A beta where you can test only minor things make not much sense and we saw the result of it.

I personally hope that the Beta will be started soon. Currently we have 3 months before the game release, so a Beta-application-submission process should start next-week at least IMO (then give 2 weeks for submissions and 1 week to select submissions, and start the Beta-test in mid May - would give enough time to test various things).

Why do people want to be betta testers, oh so you can play it early, post stuff to your youtube channel, and not actually test it, and give back feedback about longstanding bugs and outdated tyre model FFB and physics, gotcha

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, pachedupdemon said:

Why do people want to be betta testers, oh so you can play it early, post stuff to your youtube channel, and not actually test it, and give back feedback about longstanding bugs and outdated tyre model FFB and physics, gotcha

Beta testers can't post stuff on youtube so not sure where you got that idea from. but most of the testers actually test the game for bugs and report them back to codemasters, some get fixed some don't and some bugs only appear in career mode which the testers cannot test.

20 minutes ago, pachedupdemon said:

There's some of us that actually want to contribute to fixing the game before it hits the shelves..

We can only hope though that they will actually listen to our feedback and fix the bugs that are found this time 'round.
But that they didn't last years surely wasn't due to lack of diligence from the testers. 

3 hours ago, Bicarda said:

There's some of us that actually want to contribute to fixing the game before it hits the shelves..

We can only hope though that they will actually listen to our feedback and fix the bugs that are found this time 'round.
But that they didn't last years surely wasn't due to lack of diligence from the testers. 

To be honest, we the testers of last year, gave a lot of good feedback last year what actually was used to improve the game, but with the additional patch updates we got for the actual game, some things got messed up and worsened somethings. Especially the handling, in later beta versions and in the early stage of the game, it was very good, but after 1.04 i believe it got worse.

• Agree 3

On 1/26/2020 at 6:20 PM, sloppysmusic said:

EDIT my personal fave scenario would be an F1 WORLD CHAMPION game with no fixed year but instead each year would be dlc. 2020 would be the starting point and 2019 would be available at release. 

I think this might be the best way for Codemasters to go.  I wrote a post about it a few days back.  Leave the world as-is (but get it right, physics-wise and realism-wise) and just add each year's new stuff.  Tracks, drivers, liveries, new features, etc as additional content each year.  Easy to keep older content, less work to create each year's release.

And with the new consoles right around the corner, and the fact that the code will need to be reworked, this is a great time to make this kind of change.

In terms of price, it wouldn't even have to change.  Sure, it won't be a "full game" because it's not a stand-alone thing, but it will still be all that we normally get - new tracks, drivers, liveries, and a few new features.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, THEHAMZAGAMER12 said:

To be honest, we the testers of last year, gave a lot of good feedback last year what actually was used to improve the game, but with the additional patch updates we got for the actual game, some things got messed up and worsened somethings. Especially the handling, in later beta versions and in the early stage of the game, it was very good, but after 1.04 i believe it got worse.

In terms of the actual driving i kinda agree. although i don't really mind how it is now. 
In terms of league mode not working as it should (or being usable at all) and stability being a very big issue from the first time we launched the beta were both made clear time and time again. And slightly smaller things: Other peoples sector 2's rarely coming through and hence all your green sector twos often being wrongly purple was among the first things I saw reported and although not very game breaking, it is very sloppy in a sport that is so much about times. Reports during the beta did nothing to help fix these issues.  

Although with how hard it is to find 20 people all having access to the beta, we could never have known until launch how bad it was in terms of lobby issues and the perpetual waiting/desyncs.
So that stuff didn't get reported that much until the game was already out. 

12 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Although with how hard it is to find 20 people all having access to the beta, we could never have known until launch how bad it was in terms of lobby issues and the perpetual waiting/desyncs.

It sounds like they might need to make sure enough people can test it to give a proper and realistic idea of how the game performs under those conditions. 😉

I, for one, would be happy to test the level of slipperiness of the curbs, and, consequently, the structural integrity of the front wing.  🙂

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

In terms of the actual driving i kinda agree. although i don't really mind how it is now. 
In terms of league mode not working as it should (or being usable at all) and stability being a very big issue from the first time we launched the beta were both made clear time and time again. And slightly smaller things: Other peoples sector 2's rarely coming through and hence all your green sector twos often being wrongly purple was among the first things I saw reported and although not very game breaking, it is very sloppy in a sport that is so much about times. Reports during the beta did nothing to help fix these issues.  

Sorry got to call testicles on this, you could have used ai, with just a few of you, and it should have been organised for each beta tester to test that aspect,at the same time. 

Did you test online once and was a OK lol

Just more proof there's no structure to the testing, and they just let you do what you want, nothing against you personally, beta is just for hype, the devs clearly don't listen, it's like that with most games though. 

Ps I was alpha beta and pre release tester on another Sim, I quit because they really don't want you to flesh out the bugs, just the ones that slap you in the face, like oh the mirrors don't work visuals sounds etc. 

Devs are lazy

Edited by pachedupdemon

Just now, pachedupdemon said:

Sorry got to call testicles on this, you could have used ai, with just a few of you, and it should have been organised for each beta tester to test that aspect,at the same time. 

Just more proof there's no structure to the testing, and they just let you do what you want, nothing against you personally, beta is just for hype, the devs clearly don't listen, it's like that with most games though. 

Ps I was alpha beta and pre release tester on another Sim, I quit because they really don't want you to flesh out the bugs, just the ones that slap you in the face, like oh the mirrors don't work visuals sounds etc. 

Devs are lazy

No. You can't use ai to test stability with 20 people in the lobby and transitioning from quali to race and stuff. 

The time for codemasters to be lazy is over. I don't think the fragile community that this game still has remaining after a year playing such a mess can survive another such disaster. 

1 hour ago, THEHAMZAGAMER12 said:

Did you report on the worsening of the game after that patch, did they have you even test that patch, guess not, see testers aren't given a proper task, it's just a front to show the community they are trying, but it's just a smoke screen. 

They could test the hell out of each patch, but I guess they will use the excuse of not enough testers, which is false

2 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

No. You can't use ai to test stability with 20 people in the lobby and transitioning from quali to race and stuff. 

The time for codemasters to be lazy is over. I don't think the fragile community that this game still has remaining after a year playing such a mess can survive another such disaster. 

I didn't say just ai, but I was on about ai to add load

I don't really even know why we do the beta. Most of us wouldn't even pass the requirements for temporary job as a QA technician at Codies, so the beta is usually just carnage.

• The small few will break all rules and leak everything about the game trying to hide it as much as possible
  • The other few will just play the game and gives no feedback at all
  • The most (of the people that provide bug reports) will provide horrible quality bug reports (worse than current Technical Assistance reports!) that are usually just duplicates of already existing threads
  • The few will be able to provide proper feedback with "okay"-to-"good"-quality reports. Thanks those who've done so!

Then there are also the guys that go insulting other members and Codemasters because they didn't get in the beta, somehow thinking that they're better than everyone else...

Instead of having a "Why should we pick you?" text form that most will write a word into (I write some hundreds usually), we should basically have these as the requirements:

• Capable of writing English to an acceptable degree (as in, can be understood in most situations)
  • Understanding of game development and how games and engines are usually structured in order to be able to distinquish what should be included in a bug report.
  • Alternatively, understanding of QA jobs and the ways the technicians work and report bugs.
  • Capable of actually trying to test and reproduce issues!

Here are the Codemasters' requirements for a temporary job as a QA Technician (but obviously not everything is said there, as how you conduct yourself in interviews also matters)

image.png.fdf0e8f65f1d388a0096121f30404528.png

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, UP100 said:

I don't really even know why we do the beta. Most of us wouldn't even pass the requirements for temporary job as a QA technician at Codies, so the beta is usually just carnage.

• The small few will break all rules and leak everything about the game trying to hide it as much as possible
  • The most (of the people that provide bug reports) will provide horrible quality bug reports (worse than current Technical Assistance reports!) that are usually just duplicates of already existing threads
  • The few will be able to provide proper feedback with "okay"-to-"good"-quality reports. Thanks those who've done so!

Then there are also the guys that go insulting other members and Codemasters because they didn't get in the beta, somehow thinking that they're better than everyone else...

Instead of having a "Why should we pick you?" text form that most will write a word into (I write some hundreds usually), we should basically have these as the requirements:

• Capable of writing English to an acceptable degree (as in, can be understood in most situations)
  • Understanding of game development and how games and engines are usually structured in order to be able to distinquish what should be included in a bug report.
  • Alternatively, understanding of QA jobs and the ways the technicians work and report bugs.
  • Capable of actually trying to test and reproduce issues!

Here are the Codemasters' requirements for a temporary job as a QA Technician (but obviously not everything is said there, as how you conduct yourself in interviews also matters)

image.png.fdf0e8f65f1d388a0096121f30404528.png

You're kinda right, but then again anything we do is better than what codemasters does themselves. 

I mean. They spend a lot of effort on creating this league mode, but it would only have taken them trying to do 1 league, to find out that it didn't work. 
Same with the 2nd sector times bug, and the setups getting reset/messed up (is fixed now). The fact that those issues (among many others obvs but this is not the place) were (or are) in the game shows there is no such thing as doing a worse job than codies at testing. 

Edited by Bicarda
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

You're kinda right, but then again anything we do is better than what codemasters does themselves. 

I mean. They spend a lot of effort on creating this league mode, but it would only have taken them trying to do 1 league, to find out that it didn't work. 
Same with the 2nd sector times bug, and the setups getting reset/messed up (is fixed now). The fact that those issues (among many others obvs but this is not the place) were (or are) in the game shows there is no such thing as doing a worse job than codies at testing. 

I'd word it like this: We are amazing at finding bugs (as we play the game for fun etc.) but we are quite bad at testing them 😁

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, UP100 said:

<...>

You also forgot this part I think: And then there are always few who are using the Beta to find setups for their cars and practice with a few people for League races (or I suppose you can out them at the 2nd point..?) 😅

@UP100 While I do agree with you generally, it should be noted that QA Technicians get paid to do their job, simple Beta-Tester don't. I assume it makes a big difference in the Quality of the Bug-Reports. For example: I want to participate in Beta Testing for F1 2020 and if I get access, I will deliver the best feedback I can, but I don't think it will be as valuable as the Feedback made by professionals. A bigger pool of Beta-Testers could maybe help finding more people who are willing to help. 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, LSKone said:

@UP100 While I do agree with you generally, it should be noted that QA Technicians get paid to do their job, simple Beta-Tester don't. I assume it makes a big difference in the Quality of the Bug-Reports. For example: I want to participate in Beta Testing for F1 2020 and if I get access, I will deliver the best feedback I can, but I don't think it will be as valuable as the Feedback made by professionals. A bigger pool of Beta-Testers could maybe help finding more people who are willing to help. 

Hiring more temporary employees is a bit of a tough problem due to many reasons, but I'd say that in many cases the beta tests have taken time of some important people. They've been forced to search through the forums trying to find that valuable information between all the arguments and bug reports in which the first 5 messages are Codemasters (or alternatively me) asking really simple questions about what actually happened.

A bigger pool of beta testers would probably get us about the exact same amount of people in each group in terms of percentages. On the other hand it would mean that the standards for beta testers would be even lower, and the handling of the beta test would require even more time.

There are some alternatives to the current beta system:

• Invite some forum users to try out a time trial build of the game in which they can test the handling model etc. without requiring that much work and still getting the feedback for the gameplay. (The DiRT4 way I believe)
  • Focus on in-house QA and only invite some people to Birmingham to try out the game (The old F1 game way? They had something like this with F1 2011 at least)
  • Tighten the tester requirements (Though this also makes reading through applications a longer process, and may not even work)

But obviously I'm speculating here, I don't work for Codemasters and neither I have their data or opinions about the beta, so everything I say here is basically just a rant to pass my time as this won't change a thing.

Disclaimer: All the information about the beta shall be from the F1 2017 Beta as we were told that year what we can say about the beta after its ending (as far as I can remember)

• Disagree 1