Sign in to follow this  

Request: daily/weekly challenges mode!

In another topic, @ChrisGrovesMCM told me that the devs aren't looking to add this mode. So I tought about making a topic, to see if people are interested. And if we are, maybe they can consider it 😋

I'm talking about a mode that is a staple in CM racing games. F1 has it, Dirt games has it, even Autosport had it...

Add some daily/weekly/maybe even monthly events connected to race net. Different tracks, car classes, difficulty, even now can add race length. People race, and take a part on  leaderboard based on finishing position/total race time. 

At the end of the week or whatever, you receive in game money according to your position on the leaderboard (let's say, top 2000).

Would you guys be interested in something like that? Let CM hear us then! 😁😁

• Agree 7

I miss the Racenet Challenges from Grid 2 and Gid Autosport... Same with the Drift mode... And tons of other stuff...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Racing games live because of such a feature.

The fact that GRID2019 does not come with any type of weekly challenges is... head-scratching at best.

Challenges were BIG in GRID2 and GAS, why ditch them now?

This is a must have feature, if devs want this game to live.

People may not want to play singleplayer or multiplayer anymore, but many of them would still want to do those time attacks vs their friends and vs the world.

If CM are really not looking into adding this, then I really have no idea what's wrong with them 🙂 

• Like 1

It is one of my greatest wish that challengers are coming to Grid, personally i like and liked that more then MP.

TRaining and training for houres to get 1 second faster or more points with drifting and get as high as possible in the ranking,  and iam for shure that Grid lifes alot longer with challengers.

• Agree 1

A agree with de daily week challenges. Thats great for extend the lifetime of the game.

• Agree 2

I can't understand why it's not in the game. For me it's a must have. So, yes, it must be implemented soon.

• Agree 3

On 1/26/2020 at 8:12 AM, hampti said:

I can't understand why it's not in the game.

You can say that about a ton of things that are not in GRID 2019 compared to Grid Autosport. Completely not understandable. It´s kinda they wanted to make a game that dies in 4 weeks after release lol.

And on top of that they ruin the free play mode with reducing the amount of credits big time. And the community manager does not reply to this issue since weeks.

Weird things are going on at "New" Codemasters. Very weird things. :classic_wacko:

Edited by Ak1504
  • Like 2

'I can't understand why it's not in the game' is quite a popular statement here.

And rightly so.

When I first had early access to GRID, few days before launch, I still thought that they'll enable weekly challenges at launch... it was so hard to understand, why the game does not have it 🙂

Few months later - still no challenges... the fixes are coming, but slowly, and they're probably only going to support this game until the end of Season 3.

If it's not selling and noone is playing it - why would they support?

I wish this game grew, at least to the size of GAS, but there's just too many things missing, and probably not enough time and effort to add them.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 7:41 PM, Leocp said:

In another topic, @ChrisGrovesMCM told me that the devs aren't looking to add this mode. So I tought about making a topic, to see if people are interested. And if we are, maybe they can consider it 😋

I'm talking about a mode that is a staple in CM racing games. F1 has it, Dirt games has it, even Autosport had it...

Add some daily/weekly/maybe even monthly events connected to race net. Different tracks, car classes, difficulty, even now can add race length. People race, and take a part on  leaderboard based on finishing position/total race time. 

At the end of the week or whatever, you receive in game money according to your position on the leaderboard (let's say, top 2000).

Would you guys be interested in something like that? Let CM hear us then! 😁😁

Thanks for putting this thread together 🙂 wanted to let it breathe for a bit and see what kind of response it got! 

I've brought this topic forward a few times, because I see the regular call for it, and I think the main stumbling block at this stage are the time/resources/tools it takes to have a feature like this added. At the moment, even if a daily/weekly challenges system was added, it would mean dropping a number of other important ongoing additions, many of which requested by players. Some suggestions are a quick fix and don't put much strain on the team; this appears to be the opposite 😞

Still, as this is a regular request, I'll keep raising the topic in case we have an opportunity to get it implemented 👍

• Like 3

On 1/27/2020 at 2:14 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thanks for putting this thread together 🙂 wanted to let it breathe for a bit and see what kind of response it got! 

I've brought this topic forward a few times, because I see the regular call for it, and I think the main stumbling block at this stage are the time/resources/tools it takes to have a feature like this added. At the moment, even if a daily/weekly challenges system was added, it would mean dropping a number of other important ongoing additions, many of which requested by players. Some suggestions are a quick fix and don't put much strain on the team; this appears to be the opposite 😞

Still, as this is a regular request, I'll keep raising the topic in case we have an opportunity to get it implemented 👍

Thank you for letting us all know the insight if this topic 😁 and sorry for my late response. 

I imagine that it would not be easy to introduce, as a mode like this literally would need a new infrastructure just for it, the track rotation, even the leaderboards... everything should be made almost from scratch and maintain it on a server...

But still, I hope it can become a reality. It could greatly add to the game's lifespan. Just the other day I booted up Dirt 4(after nearly two years! ) and there are still "Community events" rolling and people competing on them. And those rotate daily, weekly, and monthly! All with price money rewards. It is really an incentive to keep playing even if you are done with the game (Dirt 4 is endless anyway with the "my stage" feature, lol)

• Like 2

And up, the topic was to low, keep it warm 😜

this is the core that keep this race game on the game. otherwise there'll be shortly game over

the sadder, this abandonment shows the position of this title in relation to Dirt/F1

@ChrisGrovesMCM

could you confirm the same about split screen gem option?