Missing Cars/can't do challenges

I posted this in the technical assistance section and got no response. And since I've paid money, this is frustrating me to no end.

I can't do daily challenges, including the limited time Solberg promo, even though I own cars in the R5 class thanks to purchasing the year one pass.

Also, it says I don't have Season Pass 4 even though I own the year one pass which is seasons 1 to 4.

I've gone in to play the daily challenge (pictured) and it comes up with the error that I'm missing entitlements, specifically Season Pass 4.

As you can see from the image, I have it bought and installed.

If I go in to play a Time Trial, all the Year 1 content is there, the additional tracks and cars.

I understand the D+ is for deluxe owners - my understanding is that's season 1 and 2. So being that I own the Year 1 pass (Seasons 1 to 4), should I not be able to play this, as specifically it says I need season 4 (which I purchased)?

If anyone could help, that would be most appreciated.

20200122_050229976_iOS.jpg

20200122_045959256_iOS.jpg

20200122_050003283_iOS.jpg

• Like 1

He put a massive picture showing his year 1 pass ... 

You probably need customer service. Email custservice@codemasters.com .

For your R5 issue, you'd have to tell us what happens when you try.

16 hours ago, XenialJ said:

You probably need customer service. Email custservice@codemasters.com .

For your R5 issue, you'd have to tell us what happens when you try.

I emailed them, they can't do anything. 

I contacted Microsoft, they said go to the developer.

As I have none of the Year One Pass cars in my garage to use, I can't do any of the challenges without buying a car. As I'm new to the game, I don't have the credits.
I can't do unlocked challenges without the cars, and I can't do other challenges because it doesn't detect I have the season pass.

So basically, a waste of money. I've requested a refund from Microsoft.

1 hour ago, newjerseydamo said:

I emailed them, they can't do anything. 

I contacted Microsoft, they said go to the developer.

As I have none of the Year One Pass cars in my garage to use, I can't do any of the challenges without buying a car. As I'm new to the game, I don't have the credits.
I can't do unlocked challenges without the cars, and I can't do other challenges because it doesn't detect I have the season pass.

So basically, a waste of money. I've requested a refund from Microsoft.

Did you tried de-installing and re-installing? (Yes, generic stupid question, but it works sometimes.) I know that it can take a day to recognize the DLC if you buyed it yesterday.

For the promo-challenge it doesn't matter, since you don't need to own the DLC (the location), you just need an R5 to compete in. If you don't have an R5 yet, just do a My Team Rally Career, so you get quite quick enough money from it. Yes, it's quite much to do in a short time-frame, but it's the only way.

The liveries will be available in the future it seems, so you will not miss them in the long run.

Sorry I can't really help more. If I could, I would spent you a million or so from my My Team-Credits.

If all the additional content is unlocked in Time Trial it doesn't sound like the purchase failed. Rather, the purchase wasn't set correctly in CM's databases. If you can drive a Kit Car in Finland, the game knows the purchase happened. 

I doubt it is possible for MS to offer a Year One Pass that is anything other than what CM says is a Year One Pass, based on that same item being standard across all retail platforms (PS Store, Xbox store, MS, Steam). So regardless of whether CM's databases didn't apply your purchases correctly, or MS's systems do not actually deliver the advertised content properly, it looks like a technical issue between MS and CM, not MS and you. It really shows some nerve imo for CM to tell a customer to sort it out. 

And when they told you they can't do anything, I very much doubt they even checked that their system set the purchase correctly or knows it was a Year One Pass. Did they elaborate on what they looked into?

I would:

1. Reply to CM and basically dial up the tone. What did they check, why did they think they shouldn't look any further, why do they think it's a customer's job to check up on one of their retailers. I'd point out the game clearly knows the purchase happened, so something has clearly gone wrong between retailer and CM, not retailer and you. I'd also point out who's getting whose money. They'll either respond to the tone or they won't and nothing lost.

If that fails, then the following at the same time:

2. Ping PJTierney here on these boards.  Not that this is his area, but he does represent the company and the company's normal channels are blowing you off.

3. Contact whoever your country's watchdog is and simply start those communications. It's not about making a huge complaint and expecting their immediate action; all they'll tell you at first is to just email CM again. It's simply about starting a plain process that probably wouldn't need to be completed because the problem would (we assume) get resolved first. But the sooner a company sees a customer calmly but genuinely escalating, the sooner that company gives their issue proper attention.

That all sounds dramatic but it isn't. It's about progressing an issue quickly through normal means when a company is stalling.

Edited by XenialJ
  • Like 1

The R5s are the most expensive class. If his garage is empty + he's locked out of season events then he's looking at very limited daily options and probably near 100 career races to grind up 650K for one car.

Edited by XenialJ

46 minutes ago, XenialJ said:

The R5s are the most expensive class. If his garage is empty + he's locked out of season events then he's looking at very limited daily options and probably near 100 career races to grind up 650K for one car.

Don't you get quite much through the monthly AI-Challenge instantly after finish? Can't remember really. And you also get a finish-bonus on the Career itself. 100 races seem a bit much, but I realised that it maybe depends on performance.

You're not alone. I am having this exact same issue with DLC I purchased from the Microsoft Store.  Nothing is recognized in career mode where I actually want to use it. This is very frustrating.  

season 4 pass not working.JPG

Got a refund from Microsoft. Uninstalled Windows Store version of DR2.0.

Bought DR2.0 Super Deluxe Version from Steam during the Lunar sale.

That solved my problem.