Sign in to follow this  

PSVR (probable) future for Dirt Rally 2.0

PJTierney

There are no plans to implement PSVR in DiRT Rally 2.0.

Message added by PJTierney

Greetings, All

I know the whole situation with DR2 and VR is currently not diverse. I wanted to offer a discussion point about an Idea of mine.

It is said that there is no budget for a PSVR development cycle and that is the main reason for us not getting PSVR support (correct me if I'm wrong, please). I do not know how much it would cost Code masters to develop this, but I was thinking, how much of us are ready to pre-pay a certain price in order to somehow fund that development?

Missing so much PSVR from DR1, i certainly would pre-pay for vr in 2.0, even a full game price, such is the pleasure i got from it in the previous game. Unfortunately i think it will never happen, as it seems to me that the game is already maxing up the graphical capabilities of the standard PS4, even in non VR mode...

Maybe with the arrival of PS5, on the end of the year things will change... Who knows...

Edited by Opassac

New VR should be on the way so maybe with some Hyper edition for PS5?

I'd pre-pay for it, loved it with DR1 but its hard to go back with all the extra content DR2.0 has

Well I fancied it as I recently got my VR headset just before xmas.  I've tried Dirt on a friends (thats not why I got VR).  I wish they had added it to Dirt V2.0 as I would have bought it.  I used to really like WRC games but not played them in a long long time.  I have WRC7 for my Ps4 Pro and love it, but was looking at Dirt 2.0 for proper VR.   So sadly I'll stick with WRC7 with my VR in wide FOV mode.  It's not great or proper VR but better than just on TV.  I'm really surprised as almost everyone seems to think the first one was great in VR.  Would be interesting to see a comparison of their sales for Dirt and Dirt v2.0  console versions.  I'm sure they'll add it for the next PSVR headset but I don't think thats going to be until a year or two after the PS5 comes out.  When PS5 sales start to slow thats when they'll release the PSVR to help boost console sales too and sell to those already owning a console.  They'll probably put out an improved smaller version of the console too.  So gonna be stuck with PSVR for a while yet I recon so strange they didn't add VR for Dirt 2.0 on PS4, especially when they've made it available on Vive etc..

Edited by ReggieGimmiX

1 hour ago, ReggieGimmiX said:

Well I fancied it as I recently got my VR headset just before xmas.  I've tried Dirt on a friends (thats not why I got VR).  I wish they had added it to Dirt V2.0 as I would have bought it.  I used to really like WRC games but not played them in a long long time.  I have WRC7 for my Ps4 Pro and love it, but was looking at Dirt 2.0 for proper VR.   So sadly I'll stick with WRC7 with my VR in wide FOV mode.  It's not great or proper VR but better than just on TV.  I'm really surprised as almost everyone seems to think the first one was great in VR.  Would be interesting to see a comparison of their sales for Dirt and Dirt v2.0  console versions.  I'm sure they'll add it for the next PSVR headset but I don't think thats going to be until a year or two after the PS5 comes out.  When PS5 sales start to slow thats when they'll release the PSVR to help boost console sales too and sell to those already owning a console.  They'll probably put out an improved smaller version of the console too.  So gonna be stuck with PSVR for a while yet I recon so strange they didn't add VR for Dirt 2.0 on PS4, especially when they've made it available on Vive etc..

Im gonna have to be honest here, DR2.0 is much harder to run in VR on PC. Settings need to be turned down on a lot of systems. I dont exactly have a weak system, I have an i7 6700k with 16gbs of 3000mhz DDR4 and a GTX 1080 with 8gb of gddr5. And I have to turn ground cover and crowds off fully to run DR2.0 in VR. And I have to have everything else set to "high" with no multisampling. Given the power of even the PS4 Pro, I would expect it to run at a very low frame rate, and it just wouldnt be a good experiance.

For comparison, I can run Dirt Rally 1 on the same computer with the graphical effects maxed out without any issues.