Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2011 Problems with Games For Windows Live

I've been facing many problems with Games for Windows Live with F1 2011, the biggest of them has been trying to start it up, when I launch F1 2011 on Steam, it starts normally and all, but then when it loads in the game, it appears loading into Games For Windows Live and if I press anywhere on the screen, the game will freeze and I will have to restart my PC, I experience all of this in any Codemasters game that uses Games For Windows Live like Dirt 2 and F1 2011. The only way I can launch the game without that problem coming up is setting my PC in airplane mode and when the game launches, I gotta go back to my desktop and enable wifi back again. Also, I have another question, are servers for F1 2011 still up? I would be impressed if they did.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:28 PM, SLIMGMO said:

I've been facing many problems with Games for Windows Live with F1 2011, the biggest of them has been trying to start it up, when I launch F1 2011 on Steam, it starts normally and all, but then when it loads in the game, it appears loading into Games For Windows Live and if I press anywhere on the screen, the game will freeze and I will have to restart my PC, I experience all of this in any Codemasters game that uses Games For Windows Live like Dirt 2 and F1 2011. The only way I can launch the game without that problem coming up is setting my PC in airplane mode and when the game launches, I gotta go back to my desktop and enable wifi back again. Also, I have another question, are servers for F1 2011 still up? I would be impressed if they did.

I think the only things required for F1 2011 was Racenet. The multiplayer is still P2P, so it needs other players.

https://racenetlegacy.codemasters.com/

There was an online code in the game I believe (for X360). I have F1 2011 on DVD with patches and GFWL archived. I know it doesn't support my wheel so I don't have it installed at present.

• Thanks 1

Hey! Logging to GFWL for the first time in a while can take a several minutes (and clicking anything can cause a freeze). Leave it to log in, and go take a cup of coffee or something. It should then work after 5-10minutes 🙂 

• Thanks 1