Pit Limiter question

Codemasters,

With F1 2019 i have Pit Assist off when entering the Pit lane.

But what I find a bit confusing is when I decide to use the Pit Limiter button before entering the Pit Lane (let say 50 meter for example), it doesnt slow on time to match the correct Km/Mph speed. So sometimes I get a Time Penalty.

Shouldn't it be that from each distance i press the Pit Limiter, that it should lower the speed to the correct Pit Lane speed? Otherwise, what is the purpose of the Pit Limiter button?

Can you help me understand this? 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, GioProductions said:

Codemasters,

But what I find a bit confusing is when I decide to use the Pit Limiter button before entering the Pit Lane (let say 50 meter for example), it doesnt slow on time to match the correct Km/Mph speed. So sometimes I get a Time Penalty.

Shouldn't it be that from each distance i press the Pit Limiter, that it should lower the speed to the correct Pit Lane speed? Otherwise, what is the purpose of the Pit Limiter button?

You need to brake and slow down yourself aswell mate I try to press the limiter while braking then when you go to accelerate it won't go over the limit it's all about timing. Go to a practice session in grand prix with flash backs on and practice for each track you want to race it's all trial and error. also the pit assist option is to do with pit release when making your pit stop it doesn't involve pit entry. Hope this makes sense and helps you.

Edited by smudger1982
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, GioProductions said:

Codemasters,

quit simple...

you cant brake (by pushing the limit button)  from 300 kmh to 80 or 60 in 100ms. You have to brake by yourself...

its not a brake button its is a speed limiter

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

quit simple...

you cant brake (by pushing the limit button)  from 300 kmh to 80 or 60 in 100ms. You have to brake by yourself...

its not a brake button its is a speed limiter

I understand you, but if you do put Pit Assist On, it does this automatically from 300 to 80 or 60. So still wondering what the advantage is of the Pit Limiter button?

12 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

I understand you, but if you do put Pit Assist On, it does this automatically from 300 to 80 or 60. So still wondering what the advantage is of the Pit Limiter button?

I know what you mean, but you have to understand the difference between Pit Limit Button and Pit Limit Assist. The Pit limit assists is very unrealistic , because you can drive with full throttle to the pits and it will brake you down to the pit limit speed just in front of the pit entry line. Very bad solution in my eyes...CM should edit the pit limit assist...by slow you down 100-200 m before the entry.

• Agree 2

The problems described here are probably due to misunderstanding what a pit limiter does in real life and how it is programmed in game. It is NOT an insta-brake solution. Its sole purpose is instead to STOP you accidentally pressing the gas a little too much while 'taxiing' to and from your pit crew. It is not supposed to slow you down, only stop you speeding up. In game it may not act the same as real life and it DOES seem slow you down but that's only because once activated it cuts all throttle input entirely if you are initially over the pit speed limit. 

The most effective way of using it is to practice your pit entry for EACH track and see how late you can brake to slow your car down in time without using your limiter at all. Then once you have honed your stopping skill somewhat then practice doing the same but then pressing the pit limit button the moment you approach the actual speed limit. Then you can safely add gas knowing you won't be caught speeding in the pit lane. 

It is a different assist to the pit entry assist (auto pit stops or whatever it is called in the game ) which WILL grab your car on pit entry and rather unrealistically slow it down before the speed limit comes into effect. 

It does you no harm watching real drivers from cockpit cams, seeing how late they brake and when they apply the pit limiter button themselves. It is an underrated race winning skill for sure, precious seconds are wasted by anyone who has not mastered late braking and accurate slowing down when entering the pits. 

It would be kinda cool if Codies could include a pit entry practice/tutorial session in future games. Maybe during practice there could be extra career points available and even achievements available for nailing this skill. You would lose points for every wasted meter that you traveled at pit entry speed limit BEFORE actual pit entry. Plus of course lose all points if you were too late stopping! It could be a simple recode of the tutorials that have been available for over 2 decades in the Gran Turismo games where you have to travel a fixed distance in the shortest possible time AND stop your car in the checkered track area. Could be kinda fun if there was a leader board for it in TT too. 😎

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Personally I don't like how the large "P" covers what gear you are in on the digital display.

Edited by Coanda

On 1/28/2020 at 3:55 PM, sloppysmusic said:

The problems described here are probably due to misunderstanding what a pit limiter does in real life and how it is programmed in game. It is NOT an insta-brake solution. Its sole purpose is instead to STOP you accidentally pressing the gas a little too much while 'taxiing' to and from your pit crew. It is not supposed to slow you down, only stop you speeding up. In game it may not act the same as real life and it DOES seem slow you down but that's only because once activated it cuts all throttle input entirely if you are initially over the pit speed limit. 

The most effective way of using it is to practice your pit entry for EACH track and see how late you can brake to slow your car down in time without using your limiter at all. Then once you have honed your stopping skill somewhat then practice doing the same but then pressing the pit limit button the moment you approach the actual speed limit. Then you can safely add gas knowing you won't be caught speeding in the pit lane. 

It is a different assist to the pit entry assist (auto pit stops or whatever it is called in the game ) which WILL grab your car on pit entry and rather unrealistically slow it down before the speed limit comes into effect. 

It does you no harm watching real drivers from cockpit cams, seeing how late they brake and when they apply the pit limiter button themselves. It is an underrated race winning skill for sure, precious seconds are wasted by anyone who has not mastered late braking and accurate slowing down when entering the pits. 

It would be kinda cool if Codies could include a pit entry practice/tutorial session in future games. Maybe during practice there could be extra career points available and even achievements available for nailing this skill. You would lose points for every wasted meter that you traveled at pit entry speed limit BEFORE actual pit entry. Plus of course lose all points if you were too late stopping! It could be a simple recode of the tutorials that have been available for over 2 decades in the Gran Turismo games where you have to travel a fixed distance in the shortest possible time AND stop your car in the checkered track area. Could be kinda fun if there was a leader board for it in TT too. 😎

Hi.

I have a different problem. Every time after pit stop, when I reach Pit Stop Exit line I cannot accelerate.

can only speed up when I reach the main track. Pit stop assist is OFF. 

Thank you for any help.

@UP100
What do you think. Is this a technical issue?

OP just to confirm is this f12019? Also what platform are you on?

21 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

@UP100
What do you think. Is this a technical issue?

OP just to confirm is this f12019? Also what platform are you on?

I'm currently on mobile, so I won't be splitting this to a new thread right now.

Though it sounds like he just forgot to press the pit limiter button 🙂

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, shrek64 said:

Hi.

I have a different problem. Every time after pit stop, when I reach Pit Stop Exit line I cannot accelerate.

can only speed up when I reach the main track. Pit stop assist is OFF. 

Thank you for any help.

You have to check for sure. Check my printscreen. You have 2 option in the game settings; Pit Assist and Pit Release Assist. If you have just like me as Off, when crossing the Pit Exit line, you have to push the Pit Limiter button on your controller/Wheel. If you don't do that, it will not accelerate. Hope this helps..

20191028_234534.jpg

Edited by GioProductions
text