Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Patch Notes for 1.20 - Deep Dive & General Discussion

Hi everyone,

Patch 1.20 is now available on all platforms. Please see summary of patch below to see what has been updated. 

• GENERAL - Safety car deployment frequency has been adjusted so that it is more likely to come out within race sessions
  • GENERAL - Addressed an issue where the Logitech G29 rotary dial could not be assigned in a clockwise direction
  • GENERAL – Further Stability Issues
  • LEAGUES - Users can now save between sessions in private leagues
  • LEAGUES - Users can now add reserves in private leagues
  • XBOX – Keyboard Support has been added
  • CAREER - Addressed an issue where progress would not be saved in Practice 1 in Australia of a new career
  • CAREER - Addressed an issue where a selected team-mate would change if the user exited the game before completing Practice 1 in Australia of a new career
  • CAREER - Addressed an issue where DNFs would incorrectly show with the fastest lap indicator in the season results tab
  • CAREER - Addressed an issue where Butler and Weber would appear after skipping the F2 Feeder Series if the user quit in Practice 1 of Australia
  • CAREER - User will now be warned before purchasing upgrades towards the end of a season if the department has experienced a regulation change
  • MULTIPLAYER - Addressed an issue where the camera selection would not save if selected in a multiplayer session
  • SPECTATOR - User can now enable the track map for the session they are spectating
  • EVENTS - Users can now manually navigate through the weekly event prizes

With the release of Patch 1.20, there are several new community requested features and improvements to the game.

After reading your feedback on communication, I've highlighted and explained our most significant changes in our first ‘deep-dive’ patch notes. These notes will cover the new ‘Reserves’ and ‘Save Session Progress’ features in Leagues, parameters to the Xbox Keyboard Support well as further details on the changes to Safety Car deployment behaviour.

League Improvements and Functionality:

League Improvements have been split into two main features; Reserves Improvements and the addition of Save Session Progress. Walk-throughs are here:

Save Session Progress:

1.       Create (or edit) your league as normal, ensuring that your ‘Progression Format’ is set to ‘On Demand’

2.       After adding your tracks, you are met with the ‘Format’ screen. Scroll right to the ‘Weekend Structure and AI Difficulty’ tab and at the bottom, ensure ‘Save Session Progress’ is enabled. The rest of the settings are unaffected, so you can run Private AND public leagues with this new feature.

3.       Create league and invite friends to the league.

4.       Play through your first session and complete as normal.

5.       Upon attempting to progress to your next session, a minimum player confirmation message will appear. For the session to continue, this message will need approval from at least 1 player with the minimum role of ‘member’ and one player with the minimum role of ‘admin’ to continue.

6.       Should there not be enough levels of approval, the league will return to the ‘League Summary’ screen and be paused until players of the minimum levels of ‘Role’ are in the session to advance the league.

NOTE: Remember, attempting to progress to your next session, approval will be needed from at least 1 player with the minimum role of ‘member’ and one player with the minimum role of ‘admin’ to continue. Also, Reserves and Non-Member Spectators cannot influence the advance of the league session.

20200128095056_1.jpg

Reserves:

This new feature ensures leagues can now function more to the players desires and make sure that there are requirements to proceed without affecting the league for others.

Reserves:

Reserves have been added into to ensure smoother running of the leagues format. How to add reserves is below:

1.       Create (or edit) your league as normal, ensuring that your ‘Progression Format’ is set to ‘On Demand’

2.       After adding your tracks, you are met with the ‘Format’ screen. The league will need to be set to ‘Private’, and then change ‘Player Reserves’ to enabled. You have the option of choosing the ‘Reserve Scoring’ to suit league preferences. Please note that this feature is disabled by default, so it needs to be manually added to the league.

3.       Invite users to the lobby.

4.       When a non-member is invited to the lobby, they now join without a role as an ‘unassigned’ participant in the session. A player with the role of either ‘Admin’ or ‘Owner’ must assign the new player as a reserve for them to be able to participate in the session.

However, with this being a new feature, this is criteria to make sure this works correctly for you. These are:

·         This feature cannot be added into current leagues; you will have to create a new league for this feature to be enabled.

·         If a reserve scores points in leagues, they will be credited with the points in the race standings and results screens. However, in terms of the championship, the reserves points are assigned to the member they have replaced for that event.

·         If the original league member joins the game before the event starts, they will take the place back from the reserve. However, if the original league member joins after the event has started, the reserve will complete the event on their behalf.

20200128095105_1.jpg

Safety Car Updates:

·         Safety Car deployment has been updated, with the objective of making it more likely to deploy when it would be expected to. As a result of these changes deployments should be more frequent than they were previously.

·         We have made improvements to the system that detects obstructions on track, allowing us to more reliably recognise large incidents and deploy the Safety Car accordingly.

·         We’ve also increased the chance of a deployment for both VSC and SC following a car suffering terminal damage.

·         25%, 50% and 100% race distances have identical deployment rules, except maximum number of deployments which are 2, 5 and 6 respectively. This is designed so that you would still get most of the race session being at racing speed, rather than spending a large proportion under Safety Car conditions.

·         The maximum number of Safety Car deployments has been decided based on real-life Formula 1 records, with the most Safety Cars ever in a race being 6 at the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix

Other Notes:

·         Keyboard Support for Xbox has now been added. To enable this, simply add a keyboard to your Xbox setup and configure your preferred mapping for commands in the controls screen.

·         With some wheels, that have far more complicated setups and more buttons to map, we cannot assign these extra inputs accordingly. The reason for this is lack of first party support for these extra buttons.

I hope this gives you a clearer way to enjoy the additions to leagues and improves the general performance of the Safety Car. If there are issues, please feel free to contribute to an existing/ add a new topic in 'Technical Assistance' using the correct format (Questions answered and clear title) whenever possible. A good example of the correct bug reporting format is here. This ensures we get all the information we need to replicate and investigate your issue. 

Many thanks,

Barry

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Agree 4

Holy **** you guys actually did something ❤️ 

Now let this be the first of many good patches 🙂

• Haha 2

Quick question: How about the safety cars that occur when people who retired in the pits?
(Their AI drives out again, does turn 1 and 2, does a straight, and after turn 3 starts looking for a place to park the car. and causing a safety car in the process)
Has this been tweaked as well? Or is this gonna happen more often now?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Quick question: How about the safety cars that occur when people who retired in the pits?
(Their AI drives out again, does turn 1 and 2, does a straight, and after turn 3 starts looking for a place to park the car. and causing a safety car in the process)
Has this been tweaked as well? Or is this gonna happen more often now? 

Hi @Bicarda, Safety Car changes have been applied across all modes. If you do notice anything odd moving forward from 1.20, please drop a thread with all the information needed so we can test :classic_biggrin:

7 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

Nice to see a new patch!!

Can you now choose F2 car in Private Leagues?

Hi @GioProductions,

New League additions do not include F2 cars in Private Leagues

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the patch.

Please give us custom tyre selection in qualifying, having a maximum of only 1 set of the medium compound is completely unrealistic and pretty much ruins the short qualifying format since it just ends up being a one shot qualifying with 1 lap on that 1 set of the medium compound at the very end of the session. It's not a massive/difficult request, it should be very easy to implement and would make the game massively more realistic and enjoyable.

Edited by robin8f
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Bicarda, Safety Car changes have been applied across all modes. If you do notice anything odd moving forward from 1.20, please drop a thread with all the information needed so we can test :classic_biggrin:

Hi @GioProductions,

Ok. Hopefully in next patch.

@BarryBL i really like this "Deep Dive" way of communicate! Great 👍

• Agree 1

Hello friends

Has the issue of the teams' ballast not changed?

There is an imminent need to update the ballast, since the final classification of the constructors has been in place since November / 2019.

51 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @GioProductions,

@BarryBL

You must have misread the question. I wasn't on about modes. 
I was simply asking if there have also been tweeks in regard to the safety car reacting to people that retired in the pits, and have their cars unwillingly drive out on track again.

I will make a thread when I find something sure. But is it really too much effort to answer the question? (or to say: 'i don't know')

the "league-system" is not completely useless anymore. But *** is this: However, in terms of the championship, the reserves points are assigned to the member they have replaced for that event.

😄

However - nice patch!

Edited by iosis

4 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

@BarryBL

You must have misread the question. I wasn't on about modes. 
I was simply asking if there have also been tweeks in regard to the safety car reacting to people that retired in the pits, and have their cars unwillingly drive out on track again.

I will make a thread when I find something sure. But is it really too much effort to answer the question? (or to say: 'i don't know') 

Hi again @Bicarda

Yes, the changes to Safety Car deployment and its logic has been updated across all modes. I was just trying to establish when this has occurred for you in case I need to replicate. If you do run into anything odd, please let me know though 👍

This is exactly the kind of communication we need when patches are released! I'm truly impressed! Keep up the amazing work @BarryBL !!!

• Agree 7

5 minutes ago, iosis said:

the "league-system" is not completely useless anymore. But *** is this: However, in terms of the championship, the reserves points are assigned to the member they have replaced for that event.

😄

However - nice patch!

Hi @iosis,

Don't worry, you can turn it off in the league settings. Screenshot here for you on where the location to turn this off. 👍

20200129113856_1.jpg

On 1/28/2020 at 10:57 AM, BarryBL said:

Other Notes:

·         With some wheels, that have far more complicated setups and more buttons to map, we cannot assign these extra inputs accordingly. The reason for this is lack of first party support for these extra buttons.

really?

Maybe it will be something until F1 2025

• Agree 1

Hey, when you say that the maximum Safety Car deployments is now for example "5", does that mean 5 full Safety Cars? Or can that be like 2 Safety Cars and 3 Virtual Safety Cars? Awesome update, praying that it works in practice. Thanks!

• Like 2

First of all, thanks for this!

Second, I just did one race and quickly found out that the SC comes out way too easily now, there was just a little bit of debris all the way to the side at the wall coming out of the final corner at spa.

EPckwabXsAACAZm.jfif

EPckwabXsAACAZm.jfif

Edited by DownFlowing
Tried adding a picture but didn't work for some reason.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, dogryan100 said:

Hey, when you say that the maximum Safety Car deployments is now for example "5", does that mean 5 full Safety Cars? Or can that be like 2 Safety Cars and 3 Virtual Safety Cars? Awesome update, praying that it works in practice. Thanks!

Hi @dogryan100,

Good question, will ask the development team for confirmation on this.

Update: The values of 2, 5 & 6 are combined values of both SC and VSC deployments

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@BarryBL
Can races now be finished under safety car? I think it would be fun in leagues if you are struggling to hold the lead for example and the safety car comes out with 2 laps to go and secures you the win in unlikely circumstances. This happens on occasion in real f1 so I think it would be great if it was implemented into the game.

Edited by Seager53
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

@BarryBL

https://ibb.co/0j7sS18

Is there any way i can adjust the position of the mini map? 
As you can see it partially overlaps with the spectator options. (it litteraly looks like the option got added after the maps position got set..) 
Is there a way to drag around the elements of the spectator UI?

Edited by Bicarda
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

@BarryBL

https://ibb.co/0j7sS18

Is there any way i can adjust the position of the mini map? 
As you can see it partially overlaps with the spectator options. (it litteraly looks like the option got added after the maps position got set..) 
Is there a way to drag around the elements of the spectator UI?

I was about to say that. Please let us drag around spectator elements on PC at least.

13 minutes ago, MrCosta96 said:

I was about to say that. Please let us drag around spectator elements on PC at least.

Yeah, especially if you can't be bothered to actually test it once and make sure the elements don't clip.. 

Still the fact that effort is actually being put in the spectating is very encouraging..
Maybe we'll even get the penalties displayed some day! (or am i just being silly now?)

Edit:

Truth be told it does work for other tracks:
https://ibb.co/vj24kDg

Edited by Bicarda

33 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @dogryan100,

Good question, will ask the development team for confirmation on this.

Thanks! Let us know when you find out 🙂

Hi @Bicarda and @MrCosta96

Thanks for the feedback. On some tracks, this does work fine, but, I can see there is issues on some longer tracks.

20200129122113_1.jpg

I'll send it to the development team to request for customisation options for OSD in spectator mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dogryan100 said:

Thanks! Let us know when you find out 🙂

Update: The values of 2, 5 & 6 are combined values of both SC and VSC deployments @dogryan100