Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Patch Notes for 1.20 - Deep Dive & General Discussion

14 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Update: The values of 2, 5 & 6 are combined values of both SC and VSC deployments @dogryan100

Awesome, good thing to know, thanks!

52 minutes ago, Koul2020 said:

Are you planning to remove the denuvo defense from the game forever?

If your load time improves then you know they have. Not tested the patch yet, just downloaded it.

Good to see a new patch! But i think there are things that still need change.

1 - Update Renault and Racing Point's visual. 
2 - Change cars's performance. Racing Point is too overpowered, McLaren need a bit more buff and also Renault. Haas need to be nerfed.
3 - Remove Rich Energy from Haas.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, BestOenning79 said:

Hello friends

Has the issue of the teams' ballast not changed?

There is an imminent need to update the ballast, since the final classification of the constructors has been in place since November / 2019.

Hi @BestOenning79,

I'm guessing by team 'ballast' you mean performance levels of the cars respective to each other. 

In terms of this, this is something we are not looking to update in a future patch for F1 2019. I have hidden your other post as it was the same information and not in English. Please note this is an English speaking forum

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @BestOenning79,

I'm guessing by team 'ballast' you mean performance levels of the cars respective to each other. 

In terms of this, this is something we are not looking to update in a future patch for F1 2019. I have hidden your other post as it was the same information and not in English. Please note this is an English speaking forum

Why? This is very unrealistic. Racing Point was slow in real life. Racing Point starts as 6th car in career mode and finish as 4th? This is terribly wrong. The 4th car in start and finish of the R&D tree should be McLaren. 

Edited by JoaoSouza14
  • Agree 5

Hi guys,
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your support: not all the software houses does this and this is awesome.
Despite what the other users said in this forum, I have always found F1 2019 a nice game and now with all the patches is even better. Thanks again

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

@BarryBL Hi, can you explain what this is from the patch notes please? Is it related to the FFB issue online. Thanks.

Multiplayer

• Addressed an issue where the camera selection would not save if selected in a multiplayer session

@BarryBL

Hello, do i need to restart a carreer to patch apply?

As i understand if i used a flashback in the race, i lost a chance to receive a safety car in this session?

In the next patches will be good to see a more mistakes of computer drivers and some collisions on start (sometimes), because now they are driving like a train 😞

PS i'm sorry for my english skills, it's not my native language.

Edited by Enlate

31 minutes ago, YesItsReallyMe said:

@BarryBL Hi, can you explain what this is from the patch notes please? Is it related to the FFB issue online. Thanks.

Multiplayer

• Addressed an issue where the camera selection would not save if selected in a multiplayer session

Sure @YesItsReallyMe,

Previously, if you changed the default camera angle in multiplayer, the game would not save your preferences. This is no longer the case. The original forum post is here for your information:

14 minutes ago, Enlate said:

@BarryBL

Hello, do i need to restart a carreer to patch apply?

As i understand if i used a flashback in the race, i lost a chance to receive a safety car in this session?

In the next patches will be good to see a more mistakes of computer drivers and some collisions on start (sometimes), because now they are driving like a train 😞

PS i'm sorry for my english skills, it's not my native language.

Hi @Enlate,

Nope, patch will take effect in your current career save, no need to start a new one. 

If you use a flashback, this should not affect your chances of receiving a safety car in the race. If you have evidence of this, please report it in the 'Technical Assistance' section of the forum, with details and titles as requested for bug fixes and I can investigate for you.

Started a new career with the new patch, and I had a safety car come out late in the race in Australia. I had used some flashbacks earlier in the race as well.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Enlate,

Nope, patch will take effect in your current career save, no need to start a new one. 

If you use a flashback, this should not affect your chances of receiving a safety car in the race. If you have evidence of this, please report it in the 'Technical Assistance' section of the forum, with details and titles as requested for bug fixes and I can investigate for you.

In a grand prix race post-patch I used about 20 flashbacks recreating the same crash over and over (just testing the new safety car) and it didn't effect anything, it was reasonably consistent on when it would/wouldn't come out even after 20 flashbacks

• Agree 1

Great stuff @BarryBL When will the ability to change the weather and ability to change race time of day (day/night) be added to leagues?

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Great stuff @BarryBL When will the ability to change the weather and ability to change race time of day (day/night) be added to leagues?

Hi Tom,

These features are still something development are looking into as further additions to leagues for future titles. 

I'm on PS4 and a consistent issue is that layers of clouds move extremely fast above me when I'm on track. Is that issue addressed in this patch?

If you've never heard about it, it is exactly what says above - clouds move at unrealistic, extreme speeds above the track, and not just for a few seconds or something but for the whole session. 

Hi @sgx91,

This is something not addressed in the 1.20 patch. Full patch details are here. Can you provide a video of this when possible please.

Is there any chance that we will get an update in F1 2019 that will match the colors of  the race overalls and gloves for the classic cars?
It doesn't have to be the original ones, but it would be nice if the race overalls of the ferraris and mclarens were red instead of white.

And besides it would be possible that Formula 2 drivers could also witch to Formula 1 teams in career mode ?

Edited by FTBuzzard

46 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @sgx91,

This is something not addressed in the 1.20 patch. Full patch details are here. Can you provide a video of this when possible please.

Will do when I come across the issue next time.

I was hoping this was something that was fixed but not mentioned - your answer implies that you mention everything and it's great experience to get such detailed update information from you. Thanks. Will post when I have video. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Safety car still doesnt work as it does in real life. Why cant back markers unlap themselves still? Its just a jumbled up mess and when the safety car comes in there can be loads of cars being blue flagged. This and also depending on track position if you are a backmarker and you pit but get lapped in process the the cars you were just racing gain almost a lap on you as they are free to join the back of the cue while you have to wait behind the lead cars. Then blue flags so all the field can get past you.

Never had a problem with the number of safety cars myself my issue is this your safety car is a made up version.

7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

New League additions do not include F2 cars in Private Leagues

What a pity... we need it now.

On 1/28/2020 at 10:57 AM, BarryBL said:

25%, 50% and 100% race distances have identical deployment rules, except maximum number of deployments which are 2, 5 and 6 respectively. This is designed so that you would still get most of the race session being at racing speed, rather than spending a large proportion under Safety Car conditions.

In F2s at 100% 6 SC are in each season or in both seasons (race 1&2)?

@BarryBL Thanks a lot anyway!!!

Edited by JuanCarMR

7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @BestOenning79,

Hello there.

So if this is correct and no car/driver performances will be updated, is there any chance you'll release any dev tools so we can edit the game files and fix it ourselves? (at least on PC, sorry consoles) 

• Agree 1

Even if some of those points come very late, it cannot be denied that it is a great update, especially the track map for spectators.

The communication also seems to be on point and I hope it continues like this.

Good job. Keep pushing.

• Agree 3

Having issue with League mode.. If we make a new league and enable session save and we drive full Qualifying we cant get passed Q1 because no one, not the league owner, not the admin and not the regualr member can press next or something to get to the next session. We are on ps4