Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Patch Notes for 1.20 - Deep Dive & General Discussion

Hi @BarryBL

For Xbox keyboard support, can you please give me more details about this feature? 

Thank you 

Hello 

The Buttons and rotations on the fanatec formula v2 in xbox one doesn't work wird the NEW patch.

It's the same thing every year! Is it really impossible to do all this at once, so as not to release then dozens of patches that do not fix almost anything. For 10 years, you have not been able to create a real car engine sound and realistic tyres. What kind of realism can we talk about?! 

Edited by RaceFans
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, RaceFans said:

It's the same thing every year! Is it really impossible to do all this at once, so as not to release then dozens of patches that do not fix almost anything. For 10 years, you have not been able to create a real car engine sound and realistic tyres. What kind of realism can we talk about?! 

esport realism.

• Haha 2

it is very annoying that now with the keyboard assignment the buttons and rotations do not work on the fanatec formula v2. you buy a steering wheel for 370 euros and a game for 69 euros and after a long wait nothing works with a new patch.

@BarryBL thanks for the improvement in information recently and to CM for the patches.

I had decided not to buy the game in 2018 & again this year, but reading the extra patch info renews a bit of faith, and is again tempting me to buy.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lucsus1989 said:

Having issue with League mode.. If we make a new league and enable session save and we drive full Qualifying we cant get passed Q1 because no one, not the league owner, not the admin and not the regualr member can press next or something to get to the next session. We are on ps4

Hi @lucsus1989,

Can you send me some more information on this, ideally as a separate thread on the 'Technical Assistance' page in the forums. Information I'll need is:

• Description of the problem:
  • Platform: 
  • Game version:
  • Game mode:
  • Players:
  • Lead up to problem: 
  • Can you replicate the issue? Tell us how here:
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted?:
  • Error code: 
  • Video would be really useful to help us diagnose your issue.

We are looking for feedback on the new league improvements, so please add this as a new thread and I can investigate for you. Remember, to go to the next season, 1 player with the minimum role of 'admin' AND 1 player with the minimum role of 'member' must both approve the progression.

21 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi Tom,

These features are still something development are looking into as further additions to leagues for future titles. 

Thats a shame, as you can change weather in online races in the 2019 game and also you could do all this last year in the 2018 game online championship for each session. It really should be a feature in this game 

@BarryBL

I've just finished a league race on xb1, we had 3 safety cars and 1 VSC around 50% bahrain. Not one of the incidents required a safety car, one was a car spun and recovered fine and was driving at the back of the field, i honestly don't even know what the other two were for. Probably wing damage.

It's coming out way too frequently now and ruining league races, i've had feedback from others that they have also seen 3 safety cars in a 50% race since the patch. I'm confident you'll be getting a lot more of these posts.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, maxibone33 said:

@BarryBL

I've just finished a league race on xb1, we had 3 safety cars and 1 VSC around 50% bahrain. Not one of the incidents required a safety car, one was a car spun and recovered fine and was driving at the back of the field, i honestly don't even know what the other two were for. Probably wing damage.

It's coming out way too frequently now and ruining league races, i've had feedback from others that they have also seen 3 safety cars in a 50% race since the patch. I'm confident you'll be getting a lot more of these posts.

The VSC should have been a SC as there were more cars crashing into eachother, 1 other incident was a DNF and 1 incident just wing damage

The start of incident is at: 1:29:30

Edited by Pilske
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Pilske said:

The VSC should have been a SC as there were more cars crashing into eachother, 1 other incident was a DNF and 1 incident just wing damage

From my point of view, no, the VSC was perfect for this situation the key problem was that the driver with the damage was driving along the path instead of departing from it. Furthermore in a VSC situation drivers should great care must be taken to ensure that the purpose for which VSC is deployed.

• Agree 1

Hi @Pilske,

Thanks for the video.

I agree with @JuanCarMR here, VSC seems to suffice for the incident as the incident was:

•  Not on the direct racing line
  •  Was dealt with by the game very quickly
  • Was not hindering others getting around that part of the track. From the video, incident was cleared in around 30 seconds.

Again, all personal opinion on things like this, but I feel that the VSC did the job and got the racing going again safely as soon as possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think that the incident should've gotten a SC out as there was a significant pileup with parts all over the track including a terminally damaged car only some metres from the racing line. It probably would've caused a Safety Car if the VSC wouldn't have been deployed before the final proper collision. I doubt that the game checks for Safety Car conditions if VSC has already been deployed.

Anyway SC or VSC, all of us understand that this situation must have a VSC/SC and the game deployed it. We can discuss if was better one or the other option, but in the reality life is the same, more than one VSC we see as a SC and the opposite, and even we see incidents as no further action indeed.

So my conclusion is that we are in the right way to have a complete/round game in this issue, which have been blocked some years...

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 1/30/2020 at 6:31 AM, Timonigli said:

Hello 

The Buttons and rotations on the fanatec formula v2 in xbox one doesn't work wird the NEW patch.

Hi @Timonigli,

Can you provide more detail on this please.

Thanks for the answer the buttons cannot be assigned in the mfa menu. i thought if the keyboard was released it would work

The safety car and VSC indeed come out way too often now, it completely ruins league races. Instead of your pace deciding the end result of the race it is now just pure luck that decides the outcome of races. I sincerely hope that Codemasters changes this as soon as possible, because right now it is just unacceptable

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

hi everyone..here we go again..i had the same crash playing with directX 12 for months, since day one in june to september/october i think. The the problem was solved somehow, and now after updating with this latest patch once again, the game crash (freezing for some seconds and then comeback to the destkop with no error, no report, nothing) suddenly after 20-30 minutes. This happen using directX 12, i tryed switching to directX 11 and everything seems to work fine. To my point of view is very disappointing having bought this game on day one SEVEN MONTHS ago and still have those kind of issues. I have a Geforce 2080 using the latest driver (441.87) and like i said, before this patch everything was ok. After the update is like a nightmare. At this point the situation is going to be crazy. F1 2020 will be release in the next few months and i still trying to have a decent play with f1 2019. 

1 hour ago, robin8f said:

The safety car and VSC indeed come out way too often now, it completely ruins league races. Instead of your pace deciding the end result of the race it is now just pure luck that decides the outcome of races. I sincerely hope that Codemasters changes this as soon as possible, because right now it is just unacceptable

I've watched a good few league races over the past couple of nights and the SC and VSC seem to be working really well. Yes there have been a couple of races where there have been 3-4 interventions, but these races had a lot of crashes (and were around the street tracks as well). Places like Singapore, Baku always have loads of safety cars, the game has to reflect that and its great Codemasters are now doing that.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

6 minutes ago, mischaw said:

I've watched a good few league races over the past couple of nights and the SC and VSC seem to be working really well. Yes there have been a couple of races where there have been 3-4 interventions, but these races had a lot of crashes (and were around the street tracks as well). Places like Singapore, Baku always have loads of safety cars, the game has to reflect that and its great Codemasters are now doing that.

Sometimes it's better if a game isn't 100% realistic in an aspect, and this is certainly the case here. If a race has 3 safety cars then you know for you as a driver your whole race can be ruined. What's the point of practicing a strategy for the race when you know that your pace and strategy will be completely pointless? As the safety cars will mean that the whole outcome of the race is just decided by luck on at what exact moment the safety cars will come out.

If they did this only for career mode then it probably would have been great. However with the safety car spam in online league races it completely ruins the game.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

19 minutes ago, robin8f said:

Sometimes it's better if a game isn't 100% realistic in an aspect, and this is certainly the case here. If a race has 3 safety cars then you know for you as a driver your whole race can be ruined. What's the point of practicing a strategy for the race when you know that your pace and strategy will be completely pointless? As the safety cars will mean that the whole outcome of the race is just decided by luck on at what exact moment the safety cars will come out.

If they did this only for career mode then it probably would have been great. However with the safety car spam in online league races it completely ruins the game.

you know there is a option to turn the SC off right? if a league wants to run with it on that is up to them but i for one feel that if a situation needs a SC then it should come out same as it does irl too, if it mixes up the race then thats a plus as it gives an uncertanty and excitment to races that has been missing from league racing.

you can do as much practising as you want but anything can happen in races you could have a car hit you and damage your wing and at that point your strategy will also change   

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

29 minutes ago, robin8f said:

We don't always agree but I do here. If you go for realism in a game you have to have full realism. By this I mean the safety car should not just have a higher chance of coming out, it should either come out or not DEPENDING on the track situation itself not RNG. IRL after a car is on or off the track in such a way as to be possibly hit by cars still racing then a swarm of marshals invade the circuit as well as a crane or two and this is the cue for the safety car as there are now multiple safety concerns. In the game after a crash or spin out the debris vanishes much quicker than irl because thats what games DO, keep the action flowing with minimal interruption. I read that post patch it is now more probable that the safety car would come out (there should be zero 'probability' at all involved!) and it can come out up to a maximum of 6 times. 6 times may be a good target to aim for in a full length race but not a short one and the reason it has only happened a max of 6 times in irl is that pro F1 drivers are not inherently morons, shunters or totally incompetent. Hence the stringent racing super license they MUST achieve before they are allowed to even compete at all. In the game anyone with a few spare bucks and zero talent can play, rightly so, but their circus like behavior should not ruin the race for everyone else. Their behavior already does enough damage as it is without a higher chance of the safety car. For example is there anything to stop buddies teaming up in an online race with fixing the result by whoever trails after a certain amount of time deliberately crashing on track and causing havoc just to bring an SC out to guarantee a victory for his chum? 

I believe the SC and the marshal /crane circus SHOULD be accurate to real life but not available in a 5 lap online sprint, only in 50 % or 100% races for example. The league racers are self policing. If the SC came out every time it should the disruption would be investigated and the offending drivers warned and banned if necessary. 

The safety car rules post patch are IMO almost, ALMOST another assist or even cheat /exploitation to be used by certain people who wish to win at all cost. 

Please tell me there is NO SC available when there damage is turned off? If not what's to stop me when leading the race ramming the first tail ender in a short race and sitting smugly while I lead the pack train like until the end of the race?

I believe the SC work done by devs in this patch is a shortcut. Instead of better coding reflection action on track, all that has been done is changing a few constants and /or variables to make the SC come out more often. This code better not be used for the next years game, I'm watching you Codies! 

👀📺😎

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Great patch, good work.

Just need to adjust some AI drivers to closer match real life. (Buff Ricciardo, Hulk, Sainz and Verstappen. Nerf Weber, Perez and Gasly). Or add a feature for us to do it manually, like Fifa for example.

An update to some team performance as well, switch McLaren and Racing Point, slight nerf to Haas and buff to Toro Rosso. Maybe even a feature to allow us to change them at the start of career. For example, we can choose to have Williams to start with several upgrades already complete to have them start in the Midfield. Gives us a bit more freedom with the game.

Hi @sloppysmusic,

Interesting points made.

On "For example is there anything to stop buddies teaming up in an online race with fixing the result by whoever trails after a certain amount of time deliberately crashing on track and causing havoc just to bring an SC out to guarantee a victory for his chum?" By your quote, that sounds very 'crash-gate' Piquet/Alonso to me, so the realism is there for sure 😛 

Joking aside however, as well as the SC deployment rate, we have improved the system for detections of on-track obstructions, as in the Deep Dive. We chose these numbers (2 for 25%, 5 for 50% and 6 for 100%) based on not just real-life events and records, but also a way to keep the player involved in the racing. In our opinion, no-one would want to spend all of their race behind a Safety Car. Our overall aim is to have the SC and VSC deploy intelligently, and get people back to racing speed as soon as its safe on track (like the real-life F1)

If however, you have any examples of erratic deployment that is not reflective of the racing action, we are looking for feedback on our improvements. 👍

• Agree 7

@BarryBL I want to add that if they are not agree with SC they have the option to disable it. If they don’t want realism you have the option to disable and everybody happy!!!

Other case is if the SC deploy correctly or not and we will see cases posted in which we’ll think if it is correct or not. 
Now I see a big step in the SC bug as we’re demanding by us. Let’s see if we can accurate it just in case. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1