Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Patch Notes for 1.20 - Deep Dive & General Discussion

@BarryBL As I see now that the safety car deployment is quite sensitive, in tracks like Singapore in 100% races the races can go over 2 hours so my question is that is there the two hour limit from real life in this game?

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Hrvac said:

did anyone get a safety car in career mode

Watched 2-3 videos of people playing their single player careers in the last couple of days and safety cars are appearing in single player.

@BarryBL My suggestion going forwards is that there could be an option in settings that we can set to decide how sensitive the safety car is or possibly what the maximum number of deployments per race is. That way everyone, both the people who want realism and the people who want a slightly more arcade no SC approach, is happy.

Edited by mischaw
  • Agree 8

11 minutes ago, mischaw said:

Watched 2-3 videos of people playing their single player careers in the last couple of days and safety cars are appearing in single player.

Thank you

38 minutes ago, NMND said:

@Mikulitsi

Yes, the two hour limit is in the game implemented!

Nice! And this might sound very stupid but is there then the same 2 hour limit for 50% races or those have a 1 hour limit?

There is an issue with safety-car. Sometimes there is a random safety-car when you confirm a flashback. It is nice that you want the safety-car more active in the game but that is a bit unrealistic. Thank you:)

It would be good if drivers made more crashes on the track

Edited by Hrvac

On 1/31/2020 at 12:51 PM, mischaw said:

@BarryBL My suggestion going forwards is that there could be an option in settings that we can set to decide how sensitive the safety car is or possibly what the maximum number of deployments per race is. That way everyone, both the people who want realism and the people who want a slightly more arcade no SC approach, is happy.

@BarryBL I love a simulation safety car, but I understand a lot of people doesn't want it.

I already suggested in some others safety car topics, and I will post it here too, maybe it's not something for F1 2019 but really think about it for F1 2020.

Add multiple safety car options, something like:

Disabled | Reduced | Moderated | Simulation

And I am sure everyone will be happy.

EDIT: Something else I think should happen if it's a 50% or 25% race, the safety car should stay less laps in the track.

Edited by WiiMoritz
add another suggestion
  • Agree 4

In a 50% multiplayer race at Abu Dhabi,  the SC deployed as a result of me running very wide at turn 2. I didn’t hit anything and continued with no problem.

SC Deployment trigger defo appears to be very over sensitive.

• Agree 3

@BarryBL

Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieMuhnGQeDE

3 SCs in the 50% race, Laps 1, 8 and 12. None of the cases we had a car DNF inside the track, lap 1 there is no terminal damage, lap 8 a car with terminal damage really far from the track, and lap 12 same place a little close but still not inside the track.

And as I said before, SC is statying too many laps in the track, mainly the lap 1 SC in the video example.

Another example: https://youtu.be/j3kh66wKIjw?t=4043

Lap 7 and the player spins in the track and trigger the SC.

Edited by WiiMoritz
add another video
  • Agree 4

@BarryBL

Why is it not possible anymore to add grid-penalties before the event in a private league ?

Before the last patch, it was possible.

Saftey car is realistic now but that's too much for league racing. Almost every DNF will trigger a SC and almost every league race has a DNF which means every league race will have a SC. It should be a question if there is going to be a SC. Not when and how many.

Did 2 league races since the patch and already had more SC's in those 2 races than last season in 3 leagues combined.

My fun is completely killed by these last 2 races and many others in my leagues feel the same. I know we can put it off but I want atleast a chance of a SC but not a guaranteed one as it is now.

Pls fix this or put an option in to set its sensitivity.  It's going to kill league racing this way.

Edited by F1XL Roland
Spelling
  • Agree 1

How about a host who spectates being given 'Race Director' privileges?

So, you create a lobby as a spectator, this unlocks the ability to deploy a SC/VSC. Only negative I can see is how the host migration works is going to give the first driver to join the lobby those privileges (or there is no transfer of right).

But a lot of this is created by CM continually pandering to the casual player. Host migration, rejoins and ghosting. All 'features' added to cover over the fact that some players can't take responsibility for their connection. I digress, but you see my point?

Only way out of this is to continue to develop the Leagues mode to make league racing have it's own (usable) mode. Then, I could care less about what happens to standard multiplayer sessions or ranked / unranked. We could see ideas such as this and actually leagues can make decisions about rejoins (at the moment we use 'Invite' because 'Friends' is too lax and use the invite restriction to control the attempts). 'Open' is a non-starter for anything other than unranked 'Demolition Derby' races.

But yeah, I get the feeling that each year we are working around the game rather than just playing it, which is surely preferable.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2020 at 1:36 PM, Timonigli said:

Thanks for the answer the buttons cannot be assigned in the mfa menu. i thought if the keyboard was released it would work

i was hoping for that too mate. Unfortunately that is something that has to be fixed by both Microsoft and Fanatec. not something Codemasters can do about that. Fanatec has mentioned this upon release of the F2 wheel and said they were on speaking terms with Microsoft. I do hope with the next console this will be solved. I still think it's strange that a console build around a windows 10 layout does only support a small amount of buttons (controller) and nothing more. Still glad the keyboard is supported now and within my configuration and seat setup I have more than enough buttons now. Just a pitty they are not on my wheel.

• Like 1

Friday we had a Spa race with F2s we had a lot of SC and a lot of DNF, but we had review all the accidents and it worked properly in all the cases. If we start 9 and finish 5 and in all crashes the car stay in the track we cant complain about it. It was our fault. 

What we can’t do is request SC and then complain because it is working properly. 

On the other hand @BarryBL, we discovered some bugs with the SC (not with the deployment) which I will post it tomorrow with some videos to allow Codemasters see which were the problem in each case. 

IMO Good work with SC, Codemasters!!! We will keep pushing in order to publish the game. 

Edited by JuanCarMR
  • Disagree 1

11 hours ago, F1XL Roland said:

Pls fix this or put an option in to set its sensitivity.  It's going to kill league racing this way.

Leagues who don't want this should just turn it off.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, F1XL Roland said:

Saftey car is realistic now but that's too much for league racing. Almost every DNF will trigger a SC and almost every league race has a DNF which means every league race will have a SC. It should be a question if there is going to be a SC. Not when and how many.

Did 2 league races since the patch and already had more SC's in those 2 races than last season in 3 leagues combined.

My fun is completely killed by these last 2 races and many others in my leagues feel the same. I know we can put it off but I want atleast a chance of a SC but not a guaranteed one as it is now.

It's already fixed, your league always played without safety car (because before 1.20 SC likely that doesn't exist), so if you want to roll back to 1.18 and save you league, just disable SC in lobby.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

i was hoping for that too mate. Unfortunately that is something that has to be fixed by both Microsoft and Fanatec. not something Codemasters can do about that. Fanatec has mentioned this upon release of the F2 wheel and said they were on speaking terms with Microsoft. I do hope with the next console this will be solved. I still think it's strange that a console build around a windows 10 layout does only support a small amount of buttons (controller) and nothing more. Still glad the keyboard is supported now and within my configuration and seat setup I have more than enough buttons now. Just a pitty they are not on my wheel.

Thank you...

On 2/1/2020 at 9:03 AM, bennet1106 said:

There is an issue with safety-car. Sometimes there is a random safety-car when you confirm a flashback. It is nice that you want the safety-car more active in the game but that is a bit unrealistic. Thank you:)

Hi @bennet1106,

Can you provide a video on this? Also, can you fill out the technical details required (like here) and then we can try and replicate this.

On 2/1/2020 at 3:11 PM, TeenierNeilb69 said:

In a 50% multiplayer race at Abu Dhabi,  the SC deployed as a result of me running very wide at turn 2. I didn’t hit anything and continued with no problem.

SC Deployment trigger defo appears to be very over sensitive.

Hi @TeenierNeilb69,

Can you replicate this at all? Did anything else happen in the race that may have caused the SC instead?

Not entirely sure this is due to the recent Safety car changes or the fact a part of the barrier was sticking out, but either way - it should be solved (Singapore also has barriers sticking out sometimes).

• Agree 1

Hi @psYchovic77,

Can you complete the below and add as a separate page in 'Technical Assistance' if you are looking to report a bug:

A short description of the problem:

Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam):

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

On 1/31/2020 at 3:12 PM, robin8f said:

Sometimes it's better if a game isn't 100% realistic in an aspect, and this is certainly the case here. If a race has 3 safety cars then you know for you as a driver your whole race can be ruined. What's the point of practicing a strategy for the race when you know that your pace and strategy will be completely pointless? As the safety cars will mean that the whole outcome of the race is just decided by luck on at what exact moment the safety cars will come out.

If they did this only for career mode then it probably would have been great. However with the safety car spam in online league races it completely ruins the game.

i agree, we also had 4 SC/VSC incidents in our last race.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 2:50 PM, WiiMoritz said:

@BarryBL I love a simulation safety car, but I understand a lot of people doesn't want it.

I already suggested in some others safety car topics, and I will post it here too, maybe it's not something for F1 2019 but really think about it for F1 2020.

Add multiple safety car options, something like:

Disabled | Reduced | Moderated | Simulation

And I am sure everyone will be happy.

@BarryBL

I have a feeling that what @WiiMoritz suggested here, is really a good point to have a look at Codemasters. If you see how many topics here regarding the Safety Car and some happy and some unhappy about it, i would think this would be the best solution. Maybe if not in F1 2019, maybe something for F1 2020?

What is your opinion about this?

• Agree 2