Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Patch Notes for 1.20 - Deep Dive & General Discussion

Further Feedback from another league (KRL)

SC stops completely on track. Everyone gets disqualified.

Edited by iosis
  • Sad 1

Hi @iosis,

Can you add this as a separate thread with the detail below:

A short description of the problem:

Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam):

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

On 2/5/2020 at 3:07 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi @Dehel

I have yes, it is something myself and the Developers are currently investigating. I'm hoping to have an update at some point next week on the subject.

@BarryBL No more news ?? The lastest update just doesn't work ...How long will we have to wait this time again...

Edited by Dehel

@Dehel

League Improvements as you've mentioned are planned to be in the next patch. I'm awaiting a confirmed date on when this will be available for everyone.

• Agree 2

I recorded 2 videos last night of penalties inflicted in a stupid way ... this one, I barely touch a car and directly takes 5 places of penalties! unrealistic.. I can not put the 2nd ... but I am in distress after a loss of control on a vibrator ... 360 on the track ... a car fits into me ... hop 5 places of penalties while I have no control at the time ... again unrealistic

Hi @Dehel

If this is a new separate report, please add it as a new topic in Technical Assistance, with the video, and complete the below. Try searching first to see if others have experienced this before you.

A short description of the problem:

Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam):

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

@Dehel From my point of view the system do it properly, I mean, you leave the track in a qualifying round, so it is your responsibility to rejoin the track safely. Maybe for you they are a bit strict but correct.

Moreover you should think that this is a automatic system of penalty, so it could fail a bit in some circumstances, but not in that ones. The real rules establish that if you obstruct another driver who is in qualifying round on a fly lap you will have 5 penalty positions.

Edited by JuanCarMR

24 minutes ago, JuanCarMR said:

@Dehel From my point of view the system do it properly, I mean, you leave the track in a qualifying round, so it is your responsibility to rejoin the track safely. Maybe for you they are a bit strict but correct.

Moreover you should think that this is a automatic system of penalty, so it could fail a bit in some circumstances, but not in that ones. The real rules establish that if you obstruct another driver who is in qualifying round on a fly lap you will have 5 penalty positions.

I do not entirely agree with you, already I am not in qualification but in free practice, moreover it is not a return from the track but the continuity of a maneuver a little missed, the competitor has hardly rub my wheel and did not even move by rubbing me ... never in reality it would have been sanctioned with 5 places on the starting grid! in the game a simple warning, (moreover as in career) would have been justified

@Dehel Maybe for a free practice and for the action the punishment is so hard, I agree with you that with a warning should be enough. In that case, the punishment should be polished

@BarryBL This is my second try to get an answer from you. In my league we use the league mode. We added grid-penalties to drivers before the race. Now, if we create a league and want to add grid-penalties for some drivers. The option is not available anymore, but after the first race in the league, you can add grid-penalties to drivers. My question is, why is that only possible after the first race and not before the first race ?

My first guess would be they calculate from the first race as if it is the first race of the season. You can’t issue any grid penalties if there hasn’t been a first race.

34 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

My first guess would be they calculate from the first race as if it is the first race of the season. You can’t issue any grid penalties if there hasn’t been a first race.

Good point but dodgy coding!

StartCrapCode

Var Int EventCount

Var Boolean PenaltiesOn

Var Int LapCount

Var Boolean FinishLineCross 

Let EventCount =0 //should initialize to 1 to solve the problem you suggested 

If LapCount>=70 OR RaceTime >= 120 

THEN EventCount =EventCount +1

Let PenaltiesOn =0

Let LapCount =0

If FinishLineCross =1 AND Car=LeadCar

Let LapCount=Lapcount +1

Let FinishLineCross =0

If EventCount >=1 

THEN PenaltiesOn =1

EndCrapCode

It can't be as easy as that surely @1512marcel?

😎

PS CrapCode is only an example please do not use in a real world application. I shall not be liable for any subsequent armeggedon like behavior resulting from use of this CrapCode. 

Forgive me I wish I'd never started this but I did so there. 

Edited by sloppysmusic

10 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Good point but dodgy coding!

StartCrapCode

Var Int EventCount

Var Boolean PenaltiesOn

Var Int LapCount

Var Boolean FinishLineCross 

Let EventCount =0 //should initialize to 1 to solve the problem you suggested 

If LapCount>=70 OR RaceTime >= 120 

THEN EventCount =EventCount +1

Let PenaltiesOn =0

Let LapCount =0

If FinishLineCross =1 AND Car=LeadCar

Let LapCount=Lapcount +1

Let FinishLineCross =0

If EventCount >=1 

THEN PenaltiesOn =1

EndCrapCode

It can't be as easy as that surely @1512marcel?

😎

PS CrapCode is only an example please do not use in a real world application. I shall not be liable for any subsequent armeggedon like behavior resulting from use of this CrapCode. 

Forgive me I wish I'd never started this but I did so there. 

I haven't really understood what I should get from this "code example"... 😁

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Mulchian said:

@BarryBL This is my second try to get an answer from you. In my league we use the league mode. We added grid-penalties to drivers before the race. Now, if we create a league and want to add grid-penalties for some drivers. The option is not available anymore, but after the first race in the league, you can add grid-penalties to drivers. My question is, why is that only possible after the first race and not before the first race ?

Hi @Mulchian,

Apologies, must've slipped through on this thread. Can you complete the below for me, as a separate thread in Technical Assistance,  so I can attempt to recreate.

TITLE: [Platform]- Leagues Grid Penalties Issue

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

3.       Game-mode?

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen?

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post.

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Just a one moment. When someone on track had an issue, Jeff attention you about it, but sometimes 2 drivers or more have a problems. After some time Jeff said: 'It looks like they fix a problem was' 

From time to time is hard to understand about whom he told, all of them or just one.

6 hours ago, UP100 said:

I haven't really understood what I should get from this "code example"... 😁

It's political speak buddy. If you're not sure what to say make a statement so complicated that noone will understand it, but also noone will call you out for fear of appearing ignorant. 

😎

• Haha 2