Sign in to follow this  

Pit Release Trigger Point

Apologies if this has come up before. Very briefly could the pit release trigger point be changed to the end of the pit lane where the speed limit no longer applies rather than the end of the white line. Frustrates the heck out of me that I can't control the speed of the car when there's no longer a limit enforced and you're just catapulted at full acceleration into turn 1 on most circuits. (Monza and Austin spring to mind as nuisance ones)

Cheers all!

👍

• Agree 3

Yeah Monza and Bahrain exiting the pit is crazy you are fired at full speed into the braking zone 

On 1/28/2020 at 9:52 PM, kenuf said:

Apologies if this has come up before. Very briefly could the pit release trigger point be changed to the end of the pit lane where the speed limit no longer applies rather than the end of the white line. Frustrates the heck out of me that I can't control the speed of the car when there's no longer a limit enforced and you're just catapulted at full acceleration into turn 1 on most circuits. (Monza and Austin spring to mind as nuisance ones)

Cheers all!

👍

Easiest solution is to just turn it off. It's not an assist it's a cheat and dangerous to boot. 
Just brake for the pit lane.. 

• Agree 1

Steering control earlier would be pretty useful too. Not cool getting control back EXACTLY at the same place where there is an immediate 90 degree left hand turn! Interlagos, Baku and Singapore spring to mind. 

On 1/29/2020 at 8:59 PM, Bicarda said:

Easiest solution is to just turn it off. It's not an assist it's a cheat and dangerous to boot. 
Just brake for the pit lane.. 

Yep, get what you're saying but why does the assist not take over at the white line on entry? It's not consistent is it? It should either assist at beginning/end of white lines or beginning/end of where pit lane speed limits apply. It's hardly a cheat is it? If it was the option wouldn't be there?! 🤷

On 1/30/2020 at 10:34 PM, kenuf said:

Yep, get what you're saying but why does the assist not take over at the white line on entry? It's not consistent is it? It should either assist at beginning/end of white lines or beginning/end of where pit lane speed limits apply. It's hardly a cheat is it? If it was the option wouldn't be there?! 🤷

It's a cheat because it allows you to drive in the pit faster than you should and literally does nothing else but impede you in the pit exit. You're just saying 'screw your rules! don't apply to me.' 
It's dangerous on entry when you're behind people that DO follow the rules and brake for the pitlane, and dangerous on exit cause you have to put your life in the hands of codemasters ai. 

If they were to remove the exit part then only the cheat remains so it is a good demotivator to ever use it. 

On 2/1/2020 at 10:46 AM, Bicarda said:

It's a cheat because it allows you to drive in the pit faster than you should and literally does nothing else but impede you in the pit exit. You're just saying 'screw your rules! don't apply to me.' 
It's dangerous on entry when you're behind people that DO follow the rules and brake for the pitlane, and dangerous on exit cause you have to put your life in the hands of codemasters ai. 

If they were to remove the exit part then only the cheat remains so it is a good demotivator to ever use it. 

Do you know what, you do have a fair point there!!