Jump to content

Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack – Coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 on March 24

Recommended Posts

On 2/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

For those, who don't want 'DiRT Rally 3' for some reason, remember, new game, more development possibilities. Especially when newer and newer graphics technologies are released. They might release newer version of Ego Engine, improve graphics using ray tracing, volumetric clouds, etc. 'DiRT Rally 2.0' cannot be extended endlessly. Out of the box, it has been already said that it will be the last DLC.

Is there a good track record for that though? Dirt Rally 2.0 has almost exactly the same championship structure (with a repetitive singleplayer and the daily/weekly/monthly spread), it has all the previous cars and obviously all DLC rally tracks have been from the previous game. The driving is certainly different, but the game itself is not a revolution nor an evolution. More like Dirt Rally 1.9.

The stage is set. New engine, VR support from Day 1, actual "hardcore" damage, an online ladder system, randomized stages done well, team management and upgrades that aren't brainless timesinks, these are only some of the things Dirt Rally 3 should have. I'll believe it when I see it.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yaggings said:

Is there a good track record for that though? Dirt Rally 2.0 has almost exactly the same championship structure (with a repetitive singleplayer and the daily/weekly/monthly spread), it has all the previous cars and obviously all DLC rally tracks have been from the previous game. The driving is certainly different, but the game itself is not a revolution nor an evolution. More like Dirt Rally 1.9.

The stage is set. New engine, VR support from Day 1, actual "hardcore" damage, an online ladder system, randomized stages done well, team management and upgrades that aren't brainless timesinks, these are only some of the things Dirt Rally 3 should have. I'll believe it when I see it.

Don't try to ******** me dude. Do you really think that 'DiRT Rally 3' cannot be revolution and they must keep patterns? Obviously you didn't even look at my topic about 'DiRT Rally 3', where actually everything is explained on how the game should look like, probably you don't give a damn about it because you just want Season 5, 6,...,20 and more for the next year or maybe even more because the game has got 'everything they can offer to us'. ********. They can offer more to us but you don't give them any chance to do that. Have you heard about such things like ray tracing, volumetric clouds? This is the future of graphics. And you don't let Codemasters go farther because you want to stretch 'DiRT Rally 2.0' endlessly. And one more thing. All your ******** makes no sense because Codies will release 'DiRT Rally 3' sooner or later. One game cannot be supported forever. It is another ******** you probably believe in.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Don't try to ******** me dude. Do you really think that 'DiRT Rally 3' cannot be revolution and they must keep patterns? Obviously you didn't even look at my topic about 'DiRT Rally 3', where actually everything is explained on how the game should look like, probably you don't give a damn about it because you just want Season 5, 6,...,20 and more for the next year or maybe even more because the game has got 'everything they can offer to us'. ********. They can offer more to us but you don't give them any chance to do that. Have you heard about such things like ray tracing, volumetric clouds? This is the future of graphics. And you don't let Codemasters go farther because you want to stretch 'DiRT Rally 2.0' endlessly. And one more thing. All your ******** makes no sense because Codies will release 'DiRT Rally 3' sooner or later. One game cannot be supported forever. It is another ******** you probably believe in.

Calm down.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a whole (very good) suggestion thread for any potential future game, so have a read through and share your thoughts 🙂 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

There's a whole (very good) suggestion thread for any potential future game, so have a read through and share your thoughts 🙂 

 

 

Oh, hi Tierney. As you can see, some people don't understand that there might be next 'DiRT Rally' in the future. Maybe you could explain to them that you will not release any farther DLCs to DR2.0? I am run out of ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DiRT Rally 2.0:

  • Colin McRae: FLAT OUT pack is the last major piece of content we're releasing.
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

DiRT Rally 2.0:

  • Colin McRae: FLAT OUT pack is the last major piece of content we're releasing.

Thanks for explanation. Maybe this would help.

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PJTierney said:

DiRT Rally 2.0:

  • Colin McRae: FLAT OUT pack is the last major piece of content we're releasing.

Does this also mean, there will be no more monthly patches? So support will be down to 0? (I assume, there will be at least community challenges and AI challenges in My Team after that, so probably not completely 0.)

The game still needs some more fixes, or at least I wish for some specific I posted. The stats-bug is the only one I really want before the game "dies".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PJTierney said:

DiRT Rally 2.0:

  • Colin McRae: FLAT OUT pack is the last major piece of content we're releasing.

Is "major" the keyword here? Does that mean we can still expect some minor content then? 🤔

Otherwise you could've just written "last piece of content". 😁

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Does this also mean, there will be no more monthly patches? So support will be down to 0? (I assume, there will be at least community challenges and AI challenges in My Team after that, so probably not completely 0.)

The game still needs some more fixes, or at least I wish for some specific I posted. The stats-bug is the only one I really want before the game "dies".

We'll have a few minor updates post-Colin to cover a few things, but I wouldn't expect any major features.

 

4 hours ago, sqdstr said:

Is "major" the keyword here? Does that mean we can still expect some minor content then? 🤔

Otherwise you could've just written "last piece of content". 😁

 

😉

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

We'll have a few minor updates post-Colin to cover a few things, but I wouldn't expect any major features.

😉

Still hope for the DS3 yet @JorritVD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, how to say that, let them rest in peace for a moment and later on let them start working on 'DiRT Rally 3'. Packing newer content, which would be as large as the basic version of 'DiRT Rally 2.0' to this game is nonsense. It is nothing like making the game bigger and bigger file, which takes 1/10 of our D disc drive. Besides, I had already explained the advantages of making completely new game. There is a lot of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PJTierneygot to ask : which gearbox will the Legacy have ?

According to the homologation documents, there was a VO for a 5-gear and for a 6-gear gearbox, depending of the year of participation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PJTierney said:

 

😉

YOU! are such a damn tease!

the only thing i ask is to fix the lack of snow that sticks to the cars on the Lysvik/Hamra route in Sweden. (it's dirt instead)

20190808164557_1.thumb.jpg.7195202f7c894dbe30c9fc64feea4452.jpg20190808164703_1.thumb.jpg.be093792e554028bca8cd46c356f1d71.jpg

Edited by ianism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ianism said:

YOU! are such a damn tease!

the only thing i ask is to fix the lack of snow that sticks to the cars on the Lysvik/Hamra route in Sweden. (it's dirt instead)

Seems appropriate these days. 

 

:classic_wink:

  • Haha 4
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

i really hope they will fix the color banding before they jump to the next game.

Exactly. But I would rather count on the next game than on 'DiRT Rally 2.0'. It is too much work. Look at how Wales looks like in 'DiRT Rally' and how it looks in 'DiRT Rally 2.0'.

maxresdefault.jpg.6d58f7e225d51f81742ad9e79d9b7bda.jpg

In my opinion, colours in DR1 are more natural than in DR2.0.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 5:08 PM, ianism said:

YOU! are such a damn tease!

the only thing i ask is to fix the lack of snow that sticks to the cars on the Lysvik/Hamra route in Sweden. (it's dirt instead)

20190808164557_1.thumb.jpg.7195202f7c894dbe30c9fc64feea4452.jpg20190808164703_1.thumb.jpg.be093792e554028bca8cd46c356f1d71.jpg

Hmm. i think that this lack of snow is caused because it doesn't stick to the car forever. After some time it falls down from the bodywork by itself. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

In my opinion, colours in DR1 are more natural than in DR2.0.

Natural? It's a game with some design. It's always different and I liked first one very much but this one is different and good too. It needs to be balanced for the whole game and DR2 has it.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

Natural? It's a game with some design. It's always different and I liked first one very much but this one is different and good too. It needs to be balanced for the whole game and DR2 has it.

Yes, natural. Don't you understand the meaning or what? Besides, what are you talking about? What design? How balanced? In your opinion making more intensive and less natural colours is balance? For me it is important to have got as photorealistic graphics as it is possible.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Hmm. i think that this lack of snow is caused because it doesn't stick to the car forever. After some time it falls down from the bodywork by itself. 🤔

nah, I've tested it. it's only on Hamra/lysvik (and their sprint stages of course). on the other route it's always snow that sticks to the car. so if you go from a stage on one route to the other with no service interval, the car will finish the first stage with some mud (it's never a lot of mud, always just a little), then when you load into the next one it will magically be full of snow at the start line (or vice versa). it's really weird and annoying.

here's a video I made. it's terrible, sorry

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×