Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure that how fast a car is compared to other cars isn't ALL subjective.

Maybe something like:

Late 90's: Evo VI, Impreza S4

Early 2000s: Focus 2001, 206, Impreza 2001, Fabia

Late 2000s: Focus 2007, C4, Impreza 2008

It's just a real waste of a nice car to have it in a class where it's off the pace. No idea what to do about the Legacy though, objectively it should be slower than Impreza 1995, no? Integrale is same spec and era but quite a lot faster I suspect.

Edited by HoksuHoo

27 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

It's just a real waste of a nice car to have it in a class where it's off the pace. Not sure about the Legacy though, even Impreza 1995 is having a hard time against Delta

In an ideal world Group A should be split as well: I think the Integrale is modeled in an early 90's guise, hence why it has more power than the rest of the cars in class...

...I daresay some compromises have to be made for the game though, as you'd have a ton of classes with one or two cars in them! :classic_laugh: 

• Agree 1

This is the reason why they should add an additional type of daily challenge where it's a single car and not just class based. This would make people use cars that they never pick because it's not fast enough, which is a shame imo. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, tbtstt said:

The Evo VI was classed as a Group A car at the time though (even though it wasn't really). The WRC97 was a World Rally Car: I personally don't think it should be in Group A. 

Not exactly. According to the homologation documents on the FIA website, both the lancer 5, 6 and 6.5 and the Impreza WRX STi 97 to 99 were basically group A cars brought to World Rally Cars specs. It changed in 2000 for Subaru when they did a full car rebuilt and in 2001 for Mitsubishi when they switched to using the Evo VII as a base.

Group A specs demanded feature parity with the road car for most of it(for example, antilag if present on the race car had to be present on the road car, but could be left deactivated on the road car), while its not necessary for WRC(when it was started, it just needed that the original car was homologated in group A at the time. So you could use a fwd 206 as a basis as long as it was homologated in group A, and convert it to WRC by adding 4wd and the 2.0L turbo engine)

At that point, the only reason why the Evo vi was labeled as group a was not because of the FIA, but rather of the manufacturer, who probably wanted to give the impression that the car was closer to road cars than the other manufacturers, when it's obviously not the case.

Edited by RookieOne

Don't understand why people care about balance at all. If you wanna drive it just drive it.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Has there already been an official statement about in which class the new cars will be put in?

As the Colin pack is free, will the liveries be open to edit? Or will it count as an DLC as the pack is free for those, who purchased any DLC, and the liveries won't be free to edit?

Free liveries would mean Group A, locked liveries would mean 2000's clas...

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, LutzM said:

As the Colin pack is free

Only to those who have deluxe/super deluxe, to others it's paid DLC, as opposed to a free update like M2. So the cars won't be skinnable like all other DLC cars, unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, LutzM said:

Free liveries would mean Group A, locked liveries would mean 2000's clas...

No correlation at all here. Class, and whether the cars are skinnable or not, are two entirely separate things. Case in point: Porsche 911 R-GT. All other R-GT class cars are skinnable but since Porsche is DLC it's not.

34 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Don't understand why people care about balance at all. If you wanna drive it just drive it.

Why do people care about how fast their car is, and how well it can compete against other cars, in a racing game where you compete against other drivers? Truly such a mystery.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HoksuHoo said:

Only to those who have deluxe/super deluxe, to others it's paid DLC, as opposed to a free update like M2. So the cars won't be skinnable like all other DLC cars, unfortunately.

You don't need to have deluxe or super deluxe edition, You can buy separate season (s1+s2) or (s3+s4) and still get free Flat Out

3 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

You don't need to have deluxe or super deluxe edition, You can buy separate season (s1+s2) or (s3+s4) and still get free Flat Out

Correct.

FLAT OUT is being added to every individual Season bundle, so no matter which full Season you get you're unlocking it.

I'll have to pay as I was picking and choosing the DLC, there were cars and locations I wasn't bothered about so I wasn't going to pay for content I didn't want or need.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rogerbee said:

I'll have to pay as I was picking and choosing the DLC, there were cars and locations I wasn't bothered about so I wasn't going to pay for content I didn't want or need.

Fair enough 🙂 

Just so you know, FLAT OUT is a complete "pack", containing the 2 SUBARUs, bonus liveries and the 40 Scenarios.

Still needed to do the #23 from yesterday

1999 - San Remo - Andreucci 

photo

2000 - Acropolis - Arai

Toshihiro Arai : Nieuwsfoto's

2000 - San Remo - Cunico

photo

2003 - Monte Carlo - Boland

photo

2005 - Acropolis - Johansson

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Tobias Johansson 2005 greece acropolis

2005 - Rally GB - Meeke

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor 2005 kris meeke Rally GB subaru

2007 - Sweden - Flodin

photo

2007 - Norway - Ostberg

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor 2007 norway ostberg

2007 - Sardinia - Ostberg

photo

2007 - Deutschland - Van Eldik

photo

2007 - Catalunya - Boland

photo

2007 - Ireland - Boland

photo

2007 - Rally GB - Van Eldik

photo

2008 - Catalunya - Jones

Round 11, Rally of Spain, Catalunya2nd-5th October 2008Gareth Jones, Subaru, actionWorldwide Copyright: McKlein/LAT

2009 - Sardinia - Montanari

image.png.e76ebe82ab586a68545d5544ec36ee4d.png

And here the #22 for today

1998 - Spain - Hołowczyc

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Hołowczyc 1998 subaru espana

1999 - Monte Carlo - Dallavilla

photo

1999 - Sardinia - Dor

photo

2000 - Sweden - Hołowczyc

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Hołowczyc 2000 Swedish

2000 - Cyprus - Simon

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Simon Jean-Joseph 2000 cyprus

2000 - Acropolis - Richelmi

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Richelmi Jean-Pierre acropolis 2000

2000 - Rally GB - Arai

photo

2004 - Acropolis - Ginley

7874_Ginley+Fr+1.jpg

2004 - Tour de Corse - Sarrazin

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor 2004 tour de corse subaru

2005 - Acropolis - Vovos

photo

2008 - Deutschland - Van Eldik

photo

2008 - Tour de Corse - Jones

photo

2008 - Rally GB - Jones

photo

2009 - Sardinia - Zanchi

photo

• Disagree 1

22 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Will need to check but I believe:

• Legacy will be in Group A
  • S4 will be in Up to 2000cc

The second part of your question I can't answer as it's all subjective.

It would be better to put the Evo VI and the Impreza S4 in a class of their own. Ideally with a Corolla. 

The Impreza S4 is going to be woefully outclassed in 2000cc when it's that old and still using a H-pattern.

17 minutes ago, BatteredSav93 said:

It would be better to put the Evo VI and the Impreza S4 in a class of their own. 

Yeah, I think there are quite a few of us who are keen on that idea. Can't see it happening at this stage though, as removing the Evo VI from Group A would require the leaderboard to be reset. 

15 hours ago, RookieOne said:

Not exactly. According to the homologation documents on the FIA website, both the lancer 5, 6 and 6.5 and the Impreza WRX STi 97 to 99 were basically group A cars brought to World Rally Cars specs. It changed in 2000 for Subaru when they did a full car rebuilt and in 2001 for Mitsubishi when they switched to using the Evo VII as a base.

Homologation aside, the WRC97 was built from the ground up against the World Rally Car ruleset. The Evo VI was a Group A car that Mitsubishi were allowed to nail bits onto in order to continue using it. From a regulation standpoint it was a bit of a mishmash, as it was beyond Group A but not strictly in compliance with the WRCar regulations. 

Something a little different for 22 today: 

14200514834_e3c49b306c_b.jpg

42 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

removing the Evo VI from Group A would require the leaderboard to be reset. 

Also means rebalancing all AI, adjusting what AI are available in Career/Custom etc.

40 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, I think there are quite a few of us who are keen on that idea. Can't see it happening at this stage though, as removing the Evo VI from Group A would require the leaderboard to be reset.

Didn't occur to me that the leaderboards would have to be reset. Probably would be best to put the Impreza S4 in the Group A category then so it's at least not being destroyed by the 2000cc cars.

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Fair enough 🙂 

Just so you know, FLAT OUT is a complete "pack", containing the 2 SUBARUs, bonus liveries and the 40 Scenarios.

Yeah, I knew that, just counting the weeks now. Thankfully, the date doesn't clash with any GP's.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, bogani said:

This is the reason why they should add an additional type of daily challenge where it's a single car and not just class based. This would make people use cars that they never pick because it's not fast enough, which is a shame imo. 

I think this was the original plan, as one of the achievements (Fire Up That Car... Again) dictated that you had to finish in Tier 1 in an event for the Audi Quattro, which was impossible because there were no events like that. it got fixed of course.

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Fair enough 🙂 

4 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

I think Scotland is free for everyone though, right? so you wouldn't have to pay for that.

16 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

@PJTierney

The challenges in the Flat Out Pack are they driven offline or in the career/my team ?

I'm 96% sure it's offline. Freeplay or possibly a new tab (like the World Series was, temporarily)

Edited by ianism

On 3/1/2020 at 8:17 AM, HoksuHoo said:

Are these cars fast enough to compete in their classes?

I mean, I can't think of any car in the game that isn't competitive within its own class against the 99% of drivers out there. You can take a 240z or a Manta 400 into an online MP lobby or club and still win it outright against the "faster" cars if you can keep your momentum up. Sure, you won't see them used in big league events with the top 10 drivers who duke it out for WRs, but against the rest of us? Totally viable.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Would it be possible to add the Evo VI to 2000cc as well as group A and have the S4 in both too so people can choose to use them in either and specify what's available in leagues if for example they wanted to make an early 2000s league with the S4, S7, Evo VI, 206, and Focus 01. Just tell people what they can and can't use.

Maybe don't even add them for AI just for the players to save work.

This way no leaderboards need to be adjusted or have times removed.

Probably some really good reasons why this can't be done just an idea 😅

Edited by Aidan1996

3 hours ago, ianism said:

I think Scotland is free for everyone though, right? so you wouldn't have to pay for that.

Mmm, nah, I'm sure it's part of the pack, so you'd have to pay if you didn't have seasons.

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Didn't you forget some small content here? 😜

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Also means rebalancing all AI, adjusting what AI are available in Career/Custom etc.

And what's the problem with putting the S4 in Group A? Is it the name of the class? (licensing?)
I get that renaming the class would probably mean, you need the ok from the manufacturers in that class to call it 90's instead of Group A, but that can't be really a big problem.

Or is it something else? Does the team really believe it fits better in 2000cc? It's 3 years older than the already old cars in that class just being barely competitive.
Or would the S4 destroy the balance in Group A? Wich I doubt, because the Evo VI is in there.

Would be cool, if you could ask the team about that. I just want to know the reason for it.
It doesn't sound like it, but I can deal with it being in 2000cc 😅

And will be the 13th location be available day 1 in clubs?
Can you create 13 events á 12 stages in clubs then?

I just ask because of our DRC club.

Apologies if this has already been asked, has the Metro livery shown in the teaser been confirmed to be included in the pack?

8 hours ago, ianism said:
8 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

@PJTierney

The challenges in the Flat Out Pack are they driven offline or in the career/my team ?

I think this was the original plan, as one of the achievements (Fire Up That Car... Again) dictated that you had to finish in Tier 1 in an event for the Audi Quattro, which was impossible because there were no events like that. it got fixed of course.

I'm 96% sure it's offline. Freeplay or possibly a new tab (like the World Series was, temporarily)

• Scotland is only in the FLAT OUT pack. It's "free" if you already have a Season.

• Colin McRae Scenarios get their own tab in main menu.
    I haven't had a deep dive of it yet but from what I can tell it's a similar structure to Historic Championships with each Scenario behind 4 Tiers.

8 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

I mean, I can't think of any car in the game that isn't competitive within its own class against the 99% of drivers out there. You can take a 240z or a Manta 400 into an online MP lobby or club and still win it outright against the "faster" cars if you can keep your momentum up. Sure, you won't see them used in big league events with the top 10 drivers who duke it out for WRs, but against the rest of us? Totally viable.

That's what I meant by subjective 🙂 

For the vast majority of players, every car in the game is "competitive" if you're quick enough.

4 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:
  1. Didn't you forget some small content here?
  2. And will be the 13th location be available day 1 in clubs?
  3. Can you create 13 events á 12 stages in clubs then?
  1. Yes. Here's a fresh screen for you:

2. I believe this is planned.

3. Clubs are limited to 12 Events per Championship (as that's what the game is limited to).

2 hours ago, ff74 said:

Apologies if this has already been asked, has the Metro livery shown in the teaser been confirmed to be included in the pack?

It's a bonus livery as part of the FLAT OUT pack. There may be more 😉 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1