Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

No worries! Bit more (useless) information for you is that Prodrive actually used "S" designations for the pre-Impreza Subaru programs, specifically: 

S1 - Group A Legacy 

S2 - Group N Legacy 

S3 - Group A Impreza 

Neither he, nor anyone else ex-Prodrive who has answered me, can explain why they skipped S4 (someone on the forum here pointed out there was an S4 SVX model, so maybe skipped to avoid confusion with the staff in Japan?). 

The information from Martyn does tie a lot of loose ends together though: I couldn't understand why the WRCar spares lists only ran from S5 to S14, but the parts catalogue show some parts prefixed with S3: S3 parts are Group A Impreza parts that were used on the WRCars. 

Well I know that Subaru designed their road cars to use alot of the same parts or at least the same mounting points in their cars so that newer parts could be put on older cars and vice versa. *If it's perfect, why change it?* just slap it on the new car. Mitsubishi proved that 'Group A' could still compete in WRC.

Edited by BatteredSav93

On 3/3/2020 at 5:55 PM, PJTierney said:

I don't know regarding that one.

Is that a drone chasing the Focus in the top left?

Image result for hmm interesting gif

JEN'S BACK! 

32 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

Don't talk to Toyota about restrictors, bit of a touchy subject there #1995cheat 🤔

To be fair to them, the restrictor actually WAS 34mm in diameter. It just happened to move about a bit while in the car...

On 1/30/2020 at 4:11 AM, Jack4688 said:

Since 1997 the RSAC Scottish Rally has been solely based in Dumfries & Golloway, not Perth & Kinross, so it’s unlikely. But then again, Whaanga Coast road is in Waikato not Hawkes Bay so you never know!

Apparently, there's an issue with the WRC game being the official WRC title.

It's rather weird, but it would seem that even though Hawke's Bay is actually Whaanga Coast (near Raglan) to get around licensing, I would swear that I could take you to one of the woolsheds in Elsthorpe for real.

Hopefully, two of the new NZ stages are The Auckland Domain and Range Road in Hawke's Bay, or perhaps the Glengarry Road on the Napier-Taupo Road. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, RookieOne said:

You know, I was hesitating about calling him out, he did give me a dislike too

7 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Why the disagree @elura11, did I get something wrong? 

this person is down voting people all over the place, likely due to frustration related to ffb - @tbtstt posted in a thread about it that is now closed. they don't write in english.

12 hours ago, carpa said:

To be fair to them, the restrictor actually WAS 34mm in diameter. It just happened to move about a bit while in the car...

More seriously, that move from Toyota factory team look like it was born out of desperation. From what I read somewhere (need to find the source again), they were frustrated by the heavy weight of the Celica and the refusal of Toyota to make a 2.0L 4WD version of the smaller Corolla so that they could be able to compete on equal footing against Subaru and Mitsubishi.

At least they got what they wish for following the ban and the introduction of the WRC class : Bringing the smaller lighter corolla in the fold to compete against the others.

10 hours ago, NATOAddif said:

Apparently, there's an issue with the WRC game being the official WRC title.

It's rather weird, but it would seem that even though Hawke's Bay is actually Whaanga Coast (near Raglan) to get around licensing, I would swear that I could take you to one of the woolsheds in Elsthorpe for real.

Hopefully, two of the new NZ stages are The Auckland Domain and Range Road in Hawke's Bay, or perhaps the Glengarry Road on the Napier-Taupo Road. 

You’ve completely lost me. What does WRC have to do with Scotland? And what ‘new NZ stages’ are you on about?

3 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

You’ve completely lost me. What does WRC have to do with Scotland? And what ‘new NZ stages’ are you on about?

It all comes back to WRC having some form of licensing rights over the exact routes in specific locations. Some may be public roads, but due to copyright/trademark/etc law the WRC organization has been able to secure partials rights to certain stages and locals when run in a specific format resembling WRC. I won't even pretend to know the full scope of it, but suffice it to say licensing is a headache.

While Codies could probably use the real names and exact 1:1 replicas of some stages without overstepping their legal rights, it doesn't mean it is worth doing it. WRC could easily contest certain things in court, and regardless of if Codies would win or lose, it isn't worth gambling the entire game over and potentially upsetting other licensing partners.

So instead Codies takes the easy way out - put the stage in a "different" part of the country and give it a fake name. Make the stage extremely similar, but leave out certain features if needed to avoid overstepping licensing. Players get 95% of the same experience they would get if it was perfectly 1:1 like real life, so it's the best compromise.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

It all comes back to WRC having some form of licensing rights over the exact routes in specific locations. Some may be public roads, but due to copyright/trademark/etc law the WRC organization has been able to secure partials rights to certain stages and locals when run in a specific format resembling WRC. I won't even pretend to know the full scope of it, but suffice it to say licensing is a headache.

While Codies could probably use the real names and exact 1:1 replicas of some stages without overstepping their legal rights, it doesn't mean it is worth doing it. WRC could easily contest certain things in court, and regardless of if Codies would win or lose, it isn't worth gambling the entire game over and potentially upsetting other licensing partners.

So instead Codies takes the easy way out - put the stage in a "different" part of the country and give it a fake name. Make the stage extremely similar, but leave out certain features if needed to avoid overstepping licensing. Players get 95% of the same experience they would get if it was perfectly 1:1 like real life, so it's the best compromise.

Right understood, but what did that have to do with either Scotland (as per my original quoted post) or NZ (as per NATOaddiff’s post)? Remember when DR2.0 was launched last year there was no WRC-NZ connection

Sorry, I was busy the couple of days, so here some more countdown SUBARU WRC images

TUESDAY - 21

1999 - Portugal - Dor

photo

2000 - Catalunya - Dallavilla

photo

2001 - Rally GB - Arai

photo

2004 - Deutschland - Sarrazin

photo

2008 - France - Ostberg

photo

2008 - Rally GB - Boland

photo

2009 - Norway - Boland

photo

2009 - Sardinia - Ostberg

photo

WEDNESDAY - 20

1998 - San Remo - Dallavilla

photo 

1999 - Acropolis - Papadimitriou

photo

2001 - Australia - Bourne

photo

2007 - Deutschland - Pons

photo

2007 - Catalunya - van Eldik

photo

2009 - Norway - Grondal

photo

THURSDAY 19

1999 - Rally GB - Holowczyc

photo

2000 - San Remo - Solberg

photo

2004 - Finland - Ginley

photo

2004 - Sardinia - Navarra

photo

2004 - Catalunya - Boland

photo

2005 - Sardinia - Sarrazin

photo

2006 - Greece - Vovos

photo

2007 - Ireland - Meeke

photo

2008 - Sweden - Ostberg

photo

2008 - Sardinia - Ostberg

photo

2008 - Catalunya - Ostberg

photo

2009 - Ireland - McNulty

photo

FRIDAY 18

1999 - Rally GB - Climent

photo

2001 - Monte Carlo - Solberg

photo

2001 - Sweden - Martin

photo

2001 - Portugal - Martin

photo

2001 - Catalunya - Martin

photo

2001 - Finland - Martin

photo

2001 - Australia - Arai

photo

2001 - Rally GB - Martin

photo

2004 - Catalunya - Sarrazin

photo

2006 - Monte Carlo - Atkinson

photo

2007 - Ireland - Wilks

photo

2008 - Rally GB - Ostberg

photo

2008 - Norway - Ostberg

photo

• Like 1

A rallycross Scoob just to mix it up a bit: 

42450930592_f7e4f7ca96_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This, is Launch Control...

• Thanks 1

wow ^ whose car is that ? Speaking of which I wonder how competitive it will be in the game ? I would love to be able to dial it in like Colin did, with locked rear diff for tarmac.

yea I know what and whos car it was .I was wondering about this actual example though.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

yea I know what and whos car it was .I was wondering about this actual example though.

Not certain, but I think it might be a replica @Madhun1967? You got any more information on it @gleylancer571

Edited by tbtstt
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Yes i think too its a replica

"Because the Japanese are celebrating their hundredth, 
they like to recall their history and have brought a very special legacy out of the dream car garage:
 the old company car from Colin McRae, world rally champion in 1995. More precisely, a replica of it"

Look at this link https://www.welt.de/motor/fahrberichte-tests/article165607952/Dieser-alte-Legacy-fuehlt-sich-an-wie-ein-Porsche.html

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Yes i think too its a replica

"Because the Japanese are celebrating their hundredth, 
they like to recall their history and have brought a very special legacy out of the dream car garage:
 the old company car from Colin McRae, world rally champion in 1995. More precisely, a replica of it"

Look at this link https://www.welt.de/motor/fahrberichte-tests/article165607952/Dieser-alte-Legacy-fuehlt-sich-an-wie-ein-Porsche.html

Ah, yeah, looks like it! Looks pretty good, though the interior doesn't look quite right! 

• Disagree 1

yeah it seems they tried to replicate what really was an anodized red dash panel set in the original .They should have looked for original looking wheels too , IMHO 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

yeah it seems they tried to replicate what really was an anodized red dash panel set in the original .They should have looked for original looking wheels too , IMHO 

That said, its a pretty good effort! 

3 hours ago, tbtstt said:

That said, its a pretty good effort! 

I would enjoy driving it

• Agree 1