Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

On 3/20/2020 at 2:04 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Although I understand that GTR Technical gets his hands on, I get that this is mainly a marketing strategy.
And for someone like me, who hates the youtube influence bs I generally don't like that.

It would never even come into my mind watching someone playing DiRT instead of playing it by myself.
I will never understand the current generation and I'm only 33 😄

ya, that's why he's the only gamer whose videos I watch regularly. he's put out a new one today, with Scotland setups for (what I think are) all of Colin's cars used in that location in the Scenario mode.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

the funny thing about set ups is mostly you only need one for almost all cars. thats why i never covered videos on it or done them. also the thing about set up videos is how do you prove they are correct ? for eg porkhammer in dirt rally 1 would do a set up could set a world record. publish set up. i could then do the event get the world record with default. which set up is correct ?

for anyone who struggles with set ups. i will give you the simpliest tip.

if the default is no good. just set almost every thing to the lowest and to the full right. thats it. many people know this its not rocket science. basically making the car stiffer and lower , locked. thats it. then you just dial in the gears. the gearing is the crucial part of the tuning really.

so take a stage you doing try short first. then try longest gear settings. see how your times are. if shorter gears work better then work from there. if longer gears work better fine tune that.

for most cars the default set ups if you really push will get you world records. only reason really to tune the car is if it doesnt suit how you drive or it isnt really a great default set up.

looking forward to scotland to just playing and having fun. video side for me is done. its just not worth pursuing. maybe will do some for scotland but sadly after that no more. shame

this video is the perfect eg of what its like to be great at a game but not suported because you havent got the subscribers  community manager on the right. its dirt rally in a nutshell.

wish smaller youtubers would be supported better by dirt this just isnt happening. its mainly big dirt streamers youtubers with bigger audiences.yet most of the better players even the best are small channels at dirt. kinda in reverse of what it should be. hopefully that changes in the future for those putting in the effort. sadly that wont be me.

roll on scotland looks brilliant from what i seen for a few split seconds...:classic_biggrin:  ( trying to save the suprise of jumping in blind on release. )

Edited by dgeesi0
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Main things I'm looking forward to are the S4 and that lovely livery on that Focus. Finally I get to play CMR 1 and 2 again with decent graphics, that's all I've ever wanted!

• Like 1

This is a line that I seem to have been waiting forever to post...

1 DAY TO GO! 

15788318325_87020033ac_b.jpg

15602922188_ff124edc15_b.jpg

• Like 1

"The SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally has a lot of grip at the rear, so staying neat and tidy to take advantage of this should be a priority"

Sorry, but this is not the Colin way. I shall be getting the back of the car as far round as I can*! 

* And quite likely hitting things in the process.

Hi @PJTierney, this may have already been asked but nonetheless...

As it stands, you can only have 12 events in a custom rally championship. Will this be extended to 13 so that we can play all 13 rallies in one championship including Scotland if we so wish?

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

I actually really struggled to find a #1 of the appropriate era for the 'correct' car - hadn't occurred to me that it never was in official works colours

jma_017.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

Nicest livery on the legacy imo😍😍😍

6CB443ED-E417-458E-978F-7852F4D72D83.jpeg

Yeah, that's my favourite as well!

• Agree 1

S4 settings by GTR Technical are up on YouTube, so that's me sorted for tomorrow! Yay!

• Like 1

Will there be a game update tomorrow to coincide with the colin McRae pack?

1 hour ago, tonzboher said:

Will there be a game update tomorrow to coincide with the colin McRae pack?

yep

• Agree 1

Horay codemasters,

finally you've listened to a lot of people who bought season 1/2  but then you never offered season 3/4 ,

they have now , 

for those like me we can now buy season 3/4  and at £7.99,

thankyou codemasters , and about time,

now just a few hours to wait for Colin McRae.

I'm sittong here at 1 am, one hour into 24.march. and still no flat out pack. Where is it??

2 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Horay codemasters,

finally you've listened to a lot of people who bought season 1/2  but then you never offered season 3/4 ,

they have now , 

for those like me we can now buy season 3/4  and at £7.99,

thankyou codemasters , and about time,

now just a few hours to wait for Colin McRae.

Since last thursday.

Posted (edited)

Today you released the goty version of dirt rally 2.0 but with what criterion do you charge €64.99 on the microsoft and sony store the digital version and then on amazon it costs only €40.98? a nice and good theft !!!!!

store playstation

microsoft

amazon

gamestop

why in digital it costs 64.99 € and in physical 40.99 €? It does not make sense!!!!

😡

Edited by MatteoBryanMeli
  • Disagree 1